Where to live?

Oleg

Have you ever been to those places or are you just basing your opinions on people and media from the US?

I have lived a few months in Belarus and have also been to third-tier Russia. They were nothing like Europe or the US.

If you are into a traditional, natural lifestyle, a medium-sized Belarusian city can be a great place to live: cheap, safe, clean, peaceful and lockdown-free.

Also, these places still have a lot of masculine men and feminine women, which I see as a sign of good health.

Iran seems like a fascinating place, if only for its unique language and culture.

Most of the people who have been there paint a very different portrait than what you see on the media: a peaceful, moderate people that is very welcoming of outsiders.

If money weren't an issue I could see myself living there, at least for a while.
Just wanted to add. Majority people in the US live in a virtual reality world, created by the media, education system and entertainment industry. I understand, it is hard and uncomfortable to venture outside of that reality. I used to try and talk with those kind of people.

E

eat my peat

Right?!?! Especially after this came out yesterday:

haha that was exactly why I said it. also wanted to revive this chat as trying to get an understanding of where's cool to live/travel in at the moment

Lollipop2

haha that was exactly why I said it. also wanted to revive this chat as trying to get an understanding of where's cool to live/travel in at the moment
Texas - illegal to enforce mask mandates, vaccine mandates and vaccine passports.

Jinju

While Alberta (Canada) seems to be on the right track, the border rules in Canada seem to portend a segregated society.
Fully 'vaxced' US travelers will be permitted in August and in September, fully vaxced overseas visitors from other countries will be permitted.
How are they getting away with this kind of segregation and discrimination?!

stoic

Just wanted to add. Majority people in the US live in a virtual reality world, created by the media, education system and entertainment industry. I understand, it is hard and uncomfortable to venture outside of that reality. I used to try and talk with those kind of people.
Yes, that is also my impression.

E

eat my peat

Wanted to revive this post. Sweden looks good? Where else? Open to all suggestions (U.S isn’t too easy to ‘just move to’ but all ears) fire away

Surfari

This is more of a thought experiment, rather than someplace to move right now - but there are people who are trying to create floating cities on the ocean. The idea being if you live in a structure that floats, you can easily move if you don't like the rules and laws of where you're at.

Here's some resources if you want to go down this rabbit hole. :):

This is the blurb from The Seasteading Institute

"Seasteading is building floating societies with significant political autonomy. Nearly half the world’s surface is unclaimed by any nation-state, and many coastal nations can legislate seasteads in their territorial waters.
The Seasteading Institute is a nonprofit think-tank promoting the creation of floating ocean cities as a revolutionary solution to some of the world’s most pressing problems: rising sea levels, overpopulation, poor governance, and more…"

These folks are building floating pods, I think they are in Panama - Ocean Builders – Life above the waves!

E

eat my peat

super interesting but I’m after an area/country to move to that is relatively tax friendly and seems to be in the right direction for the future implications we will likely see unravel on the world.
Texas - illegal to enforce mask mandates, vaccine mandates and vaccine passports.
Is Texas the place to be? Is it tax friendly?

Michael Mohn

This is more of a thought experiment, rather than someplace to move right now - but there are people who are trying to create floating cities on the ocean. The idea being if you live in a structure that floats, you can easily move if you don't like the rules and laws of where you're at.

Here's some resources if you want to go down this rabbit hole. :):

This is the blurb from The Seasteading Institute

"Seasteading is building floating societies with significant political autonomy. Nearly half the world’s surface is unclaimed by any nation-state, and many coastal nations can legislate seasteads in their territorial waters.
The Seasteading Institute is a nonprofit think-tank promoting the creation of floating ocean cities as a revolutionary solution to some of the world’s most pressing problems: rising sea levels, overpopulation, poor governance, and more…"

These folks are building floating pods, I think they are in Panama - Ocean Builders – Life above the waves!
The technology aspect of floating cities or underwater cities is certainly interesting but if competent people would invest half of the resources into organizing a resistance movement we could turn every Western country into a heaven on earth. The white men's weakness is to isolate himself and run away from conflict. If you never confront evil you make it indirectly stronger by handing over resources to the enemy.

Lollipop2

super interesting but I’m after an area/country to move to that is relatively tax friendly and seems to be in the right direction for the future implications we will likely see unravel on the world.

Is Texas the place to be? Is it tax friendly?
No state income tax, business friendly, gun friendly.

V

valdz

New Hampshire would be the state I would go to atm as someone living in New England. No state tax for NH as well.

Dr. B

and for the future... do you see things changing in Texas? or confident that it will remain the same?
I see nothing that suggests it will change. A Republican state.
didnt it supposedly almost flip blue this recent election. maybe lots of democrats moving there. ive heard its diverse.

regarding the state income tax i heard the states with no income tax, have higher sales taxes and property taxes or something...?

i personally would like somewhere nice and cold, around 55 to 65 degrees year round, but not snowy/icy, and not raining too often.

E

eat my peat

I see nothing that suggests it will change. A Republican state.
what about Florida? I would like sun and beaches. Would you say Florida is going in the same direction as Texas? A republican state too?

Jonnie

what about Florida? I would like sun and beaches. Would you say Florida is going in the same direction as Texas? A republican state too?

- Mexico
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Colombia

These 4 countries have 0 testing or quarantine.

Maybe watch YouTube videos on different destinations go these countries to see if there's any cities within these countries that seem nice.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals