Where to get proper salt in Italy/Austria/Germany?

freal

Well I just stopped eating the unrefined sea salt because I saw heavy metal analyis (and also realized the mafia used the Mediterenean sea for radioactive waste disposal), lead is rearly under 500 ppb, ususaly 1 ppm to 2ppm.

In regular store I could not find refined salt withoud sodium ferrocyanide as anticaking agent.

I went to the health food store (Muller) and found some (MarkenSalz or something) with anticaking agent cacium and magnesium carbonate and imediaetly diarhea and burping. Did not work out.

Morton pickling salt is very expensive to order online,it wont do it.

Anybody from Italy-Austria-Germany, which salt do you use?

Gabriel

I use the Bad Reichenhaller MarkenSalz and tolerate it just fine. I dont think magnesium and calcium carbonate pose any problem, also their level should be really low. Are you sure the diarrhea and burping were from the salt?

Also read this response from ray peat:

Question: "All the table salt here is either iodized, has sodium ferrocyanide or has potassium ferrocyanide. One brand, for example, reported a concentration of 0,005g/kg of the latter in their salt.
Do you think this would be a problem? Or would sea salt be a better option?"

Ray Peat: "Usually sea salt is better, but a little of the ferrocyanide isn't likely to hurt."

OP
F

freal

Gabriel said:
I use the Bad Reichenhaller MarkenSalz and tolerate it just fine. I dont think magnesium and calcium carbonate pose any problem, also their level should be really low. Are you sure the diarrhea and burping were from the salt?

Also read this response from ray peat:

Question: "All the table salt here is either iodized, has sodium ferrocyanide or has potassium ferrocyanide. One brand, for example, reported a concentration of 0,005g/kg of the latter in their salt.
Do you think this would be a problem? Or would sea salt be a better option?"

Ray Peat: "Usually sea salt is better, but a little of the ferrocyanide isn't likely to hurt."

Well I dont know, tried the MarkenSalz (the blue one) many times, I just dont know way I react to it like that. I feel like that salt is cursed.
Its also weird its a evaporated rock salt, or something like that, it is unrefined probably.

Well my worry is that ferrocyanide is toxic, even wikipedia says that when sodium ferrocynide reacts with strong acid it forms the extremely toxic hydrogen cyanide. we have acid in our stomach.

Gabriel

If you're really sensitive, you could try Regeneriersalz (Spülmaschinensalz; "dish water salt"). This is pure NaCl without any additives. But make sure that is indeed is free of additives (check the label of the product, call the company). It's really cheap by the way.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneriersalz

OP
F

freal

Gabriel said:
If you're really sensitive, you could try Regeneriersalz (Spülmaschinensalz; "dish water salt"). This is pure NaCl without any additives. But make sure that is indeed is free of additives (check the label of the product, call the company). It's really cheap by the way.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneriersalz

I am not really sensitive, I can eat any sea salt or supermarket salt, just that Marken one is a no no.

Back
Top Bottom