Where To Get Fluoride, Chlorine Free Water?

BigChad

Which bottled waters would be fine to have on a daily basis?
Costco said their purified water is fluoride free, yet I have seen reports online saying it has fluoride added to it.
Costco water bottles are made using PET as well. I don't know if there would be some leeching in that case.

I was looking to only consume bottled water on a daily basis. Apparently, the reverse osmosis filters don't remove all the fluoride, so bottled water would be the best bet to avoid as much as possible?

Lilac

I am very happy with the distiller I bought. I make a gallon a day generally. I wanted to avoid the plastic jugs spring water is sold in, and I am also now avoiding the hassle of buying gallons and recycling the plastic. I add a bit of salt and baking soda to the distilled water and use this for coffee and cooking potatoes, rice, and vegetables.

I have heard that distilled water is not ideal health-wise, so when I want to to drink straight water, I drink Italian mineral water, Gerolsteiner, or Perrier in glass bottles.

Cirion

I'll take distilled water and lose some minerals any day over risk drinking pesticides, birth control, 100's of other drugs, fluoride, chlorine, bromine, lead, and who knows what else. I also use distilled water for almost everything including cooking and coffee.

What distiller do you use? I see nothing wrong with distilled water as long as your diet is rich in minerals and maybe do what you're already doing like adding some back in. At least that way you know what you're getting, whereas water from anything other than distilled is a gamble that I'm not willing to make.

OP
B

BigChad

I am very happy with the distiller I bought. I make a gallon a day generally. I wanted to avoid the plastic jugs spring water is sold in, and I am also now avoiding the hassle of buying gallons and recycling the plastic. I add a bit of salt and baking soda to the distilled water and use this for coffee and cooking potatoes, rice, and vegetables.

I have heard that distilled water is not ideal health-wise, so when I want to to drink straight water, I drink Italian mineral water, Gerolsteiner, or Perrier in glass bottles.

what about bottled purified water or bottled spring water? Like kirklands purified water bottles.

OP
B

BigChad

I'll take distilled water and lose some minerals any day over risk drinking pesticides, birth control, 100's of other drugs, fluoride, chlorine, bromine, lead, and who knows what else. I also use distilled water for almost everything including cooking and coffee.

What distiller do you use? I see nothing wrong with distilled water as long as your diet is rich in minerals and maybe do what you're already doing like adding some back in. At least that way you know what you're getting, whereas water from anything other than distilled is a gamble that I'm not willing to make.

what do you use for distilled water? Apparently distilling it is not enough? the source also matters?

Cirion

what do you use for distilled water? Apparently distilling it is not enough? the source also matters?

Hmm, not sure the question? Distilled water by definition has nothing in it except H2O. I do have a way to verify this though (I recently did verify it because I was OCD about getting pure water). I have a TDS (total dissolved solid) meter that I have to test for substances of any kind in water. It reads 0.00 PPM when I use my meter, so it seems safe. Compare that to tap water which I think was like 50-100 ppm, and my meter turned all red on me lol. I am just using the plastic jugs but depending how much a distiller costs may get me one of those.

OP
B

BigChad

Hmm, not sure the question? Distilled water by definition has nothing in it except H2O. I do have a way to verify this though (I recently did verify it because I was OCD about getting pure water). I have a TDS (total dissolved solid) meter that I have to test for substances of any kind in water. It reads 0.00 PPM when I use my meter, so it seems safe. Compare that to tap water which I think was like 50-100 ppm, and my meter turned all red on me lol. I am just using the plastic jugs but depending how much a distiller costs may get me one of those.

where do you get the distilled water? what kind. is distilled water the same as water that's gone under reverse osmosis.
what are your thoughts on kirklands purified bottled water. they say its free of bromine, chlorine, fluoride. only thing is bottles are made of PET

Cirion

No, RO can still result in some impurities, but its the second best purification process next to distillation. I just get them from walmart or wherever, they're easy to find in the aisle that sells bottled water.

Bottled water maybe safe maybe not, maybe you can get a TDS meter and test it?

biggirlkisss

Some naturalpath claimed he paid for expensive labs to show that fluride is taken out 80% for Reverse O. Cool

OP
B

BigChad

No, RO can still result in some impurities, but its the second best purification process next to distillation. I just get them from walmart or wherever, they're easy to find in the aisle that sells bottled water.

Bottled water maybe safe maybe not, maybe you can get a TDS meter and test it?

Its the same supplier; niagara bottling, who supplies all the Wal-Mart, Safeway, costco and bunch of other grocery stores in the us. They say their water is chlorine, bromine fluoride free. None added. The thing is they use reverse osmosis and also clean it with ozone. Is it possible to do that at home. Looks like it is better to do that than just reverse osmosis at home

ubiety

I bought an in-line water filter months back that removes most of the flouride, chlorine, and other contaminants. I use it with a dedicated drinking water faucet so the filters will last a long time. There are 2 different models, depending on the hose connections. The water tastes pretty good too, better than other filters I've used; like it's not filtering out all the minerals as well. I haven't done any lab analysis on the water though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075K91J4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

sunraiser

In the UK anything labelled "mineral water" can have nothing added - it's just bottled at source and distributed.

Brands like evian, volvic and vittel fit such a description - I'd assume they'd be the same if you have them in the US.

NO chlorine and any fluoride will be in naturally occurring small amounts.

The US foods standard system is ******* appallingly corrupt - we're really lucky in Europe.

OP
B

BigChad

In the UK anything labelled "mineral water" can have nothing added - it's just bottled at source and distributed.

Brands like evian, volvic and vittel fit such a description - I'd assume they'd be the same if you have them in the US.

NO chlorine and any fluoride will be in naturally occurring small amounts.

The US foods standard system is ******* appallingly corrupt - we're really lucky in Europe.

yes there are purified waters available which remove all fluoride, so it's even less than the naturally occurring ones.

sunraiser

yes there are purified waters available which remove all fluoride, so it's even less than the naturally occurring ones.

ah fair enough.

I have never found attending to the minutiae like that to be a positive, hopefully you find what you're looking for though.

OP
B

BigChad

Travis once pointed out that boron combines with dietary flouride to produce a compound that is excreted in the urine.

Phenylalanine Better Than Tyrosine For Serotonin Depletion

I use a fluoride filter that uses ion exchange resin with alumina. I’m not thrilled with that but it does seem to remove fluoride. Does it put alumina in the water?

I also heard calcium and taurine promotr fluoride excretion, vitamin c and possibly chloride promote chlorine excretion.

Brita uses carbon filters and mention the first few fillings after replacing the filter can contain "carbon dust"

Luann

did you get one? it's easy to distill your own water. a week ago when covid preppers wiped the store shelves of 3 & 5 gallon jugs, my distiller came in really handy. I actually envisioned the water situation getting a lot worse but supplies seem to be coming back.

Mauritio

Gerolsteiner anyone ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals