Where to buy organic cold-pressed wheat germ oil

Where to buy an 8-32 ounce bottle that isn't Amazon, for a good price? There are some online from Europe. Is there a cheaper one that ships from North America? (Specifically organic; NOW Foods sells non-organic in lots of stores but I'd guess it has lots of glyphosate concentrated in it.)

mostlylurking

Where to buy an 8-32 ounce bottle that isn't Amazon, for a good price? There are some online from Europe. Is there a cheaper one that ships from North America? (Specifically organic; NOW Foods sells non-organic in lots of stores but I'd guess it has lots of glyphosate concentrated in it.)
But why would you want to? It's straight PUFA.

Ell

Some poluyusaturated acids are well-known as being essential. Sesame oil is in my top five favorite sources of "PUFA's."

OP

I want to eat it for the blend of forms of vitamin E, the octacosanol, and policosanols in it; and because there was a lot of evidence for its nutritional value from mid-20th century nutrition and bodybuilding communities (when they weren't focused on biochemical pathway specifics as much as observations of diet changes and experiment designs that compared naked eye effects of different kinds of foods in the diet (and I think they got a lot of things right; example: Splendid Specimens: The History of Nutrition in Bodybuilding - The Weston A. Price Foundation )).

I think that the amount I eat each day (recently eating the NOW Foods brand non-organic wheat germ oil) is not so much PUFA that it isn't a net benefit from small-medium doses. I also eat black cumin seed oil for the medicinal chemicals in it even though it's a PUFA seed oil. Other than moderate amounts of these supplement oils, all the fats I eat are animal fats or coconut oil, so I think in that context it's a net benefit.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

I want to eat it for the naturally occurring forms of vitamin E, the octacosanol, and policosanols in it; and because there was a lot of evidence for its nutritional value from mid-20th century nutrition and bodybuilding communities (when they weren't focused on biochemical pathway specifics as much as observations of diet changes and experiment designs that compared naked eye effects of different kinds of foods in the diet (and I think they got a lot of things right; example: Splendid Specimens: The History of Nutrition in Bodybuilding - The Weston A. Price Foundation )).

I think that the amount I eat each day (recently eating the NOW Foods brand non-organic wheat germ oil) is not so much PUFA that it isn't a net benefit from small-medium doses. I also eat black cumin seed oil for the medicinal chemicals in it even though it's a PUFA seed oil. Other than moderate amounts of these supplement oils, all the fats I eat are animal fats or coconut oil, so I think in that context it's a net benefit.
Suit yourself.

Ell

Our brains are about 58% fat by weight. Of those fats, about 34% are PUFA's. However, those PUFA's in the brain are differently bound, than the PUFA's in, say, the liver. Heart and kidney and spleen and ovary , testes, each of these contain PUFA's. We see the most in organs such as heart and brain where massive oxidation is constantly taking place. Without PUFA's, life would be impossible, and no knowledgeable person would ever even consider not ingesting any PUFA's whatsoever. My experience is that amazing things can be done with PUFA's !!

Jing

Our brains are about 58% fat by weight. Of those fats, about 34% are PUFA's. However, those PUFA's in the brain are differently bound, than the PUFA's in, say, the liver. Heart and kidney and spleen and ovary , testes, each of these contain PUFA's. We see the most in organs such as heart and brain where massive oxidation is constantly taking place. Without PUFA's, life would be impossible, and no knowledgeable person would ever even consider not ingesting any PUFA's whatsoever. My experience is that amazing things can be done with PUFA's !!
What benefits do you get from sesame oil?

Ell

Sesame resists oxidation and polymerization better than any other unsat glyceryl oil I'm aware of. Fun fact: about 37% of the FFA content of children's blood is.... arachidonic. !