Where To Buy Ketotifen In The US?

Zpol

Feeling good, went on a short vaca, then started getting pancreatitis symptoms again. I was exposed to mold (which I'm allergic to) and stressful traveling situations during the vacation, plus possible gluten cross contamination (I have Celiac). The severe pain has subsided but I am left with esophagus inflammation and lots of burping, plus feeling like there's something stuck in my throat as well as acid reflux and nausea. Previously, I've had acute pancreatitis twice and diagnosed with chronically low elastase. Dramamine and benadryl help somewhat but from what I've read only Ketotifen has a dramatic effect on reversing pancreatic inflammation after an environmental trigger. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it seems Ketotifen has less anti-cholinergic effects. I've tried Cypro but got a migraine after two 0.5mg doses. I'm aware that enzymes can help but the capsules are big and they don't feel like they are going down, like they are opening in my throat and causing a burning sensation (I have Schatzki's ring).

I'm in the US. Where do people get Ketotifen here? It's not prescription as far as I can tell but I only see it as eye drops in drug stores; I'm looking for oral tablets or syrup.

I'm not sure, but I noticed some people here that might have used it or know how to get it...
@managing
@paymanz
@methylenewhite
@debored13
@Mossy
@haidut

I'm not in US. Check for online Mexican drugstores. Alldaychemist seems to be legitimate, but I've never bought anything from them.

It indeed helps with pancreatitis but aggravates my depression. Microgram doses in range 200-600 seem to be in balance. I use syrup it's easy to dose.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

I'm not in US. Check for online Mexican drugstores. Alldaychemist seems to be legitimate, but I've never bought anything from them.

It indeed helps with pancreatitis but aggravates my depression. Microgram doses in range 200-600 seem to be in balance. I use syrup it's easy to dose.

Thanks! This is helpful. Looks Alldaychemist has 1mg pills. I will start with 1/4 of the pill. The depression issue is a bit worrisome, thanks for forewarning.

Tombbloom

If it helps - I had chronic pancreatitis - high doses of aspirin (6g daily for 9 months) cured it. I mean, cured it entirely my fat digestion is repaired, all I do is completely avoid alcohol.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

If it helps - I had chronic pancreatitis - high doses of aspirin (6g daily for 9 months) cured it. I mean, cured it entirely my fat digestion is repaired, all I do is completely avoid alcohol.
Yes, this is helpful; thanks! I have done lower dose for awhile. I'll have to look into higher dose. I think it'd be possible in combination with glycine and K2.

Tombbloom

It's a terrible illness, you have my sympathies. I personally think the whole thing is infection and/or circadian. I was sick with it for nearly three years.

You can use K2, I never did though I ate a lot of Gouda and spinach. I've never had any bleeding nose or anything like that, I could just be an odd ball though.

It heavily correlates with serotonin excess - Vitamin D would also be helpful, if you are deficient.

I am also Celiac, and only discovered this after my second attack, there is a strong correlation between pancreatitis and Celiac disease.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Feeling good, went on a short vaca, then started getting pancreatitis symptoms again. I was exposed to mold (which I'm allergic to) and stressful traveling situations during the vacation, plus possible gluten cross contamination (I have Celiac). The severe pain has subsided but I am left with esophagus inflammation and lots of burping, plus feeling like there's something stuck in my throat as well as acid reflux and nausea. Previously, I've had acute pancreatitis twice and diagnosed with chronically low elastase. Dramamine and benadryl help somewhat but from what I've read only Ketotifen has a dramatic effect on reversing pancreatic inflammation after an environmental trigger. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it seems Ketotifen has less anti-cholinergic effects. I've tried Cypro but got a migraine after two 0.5mg doses. I'm aware that enzymes can help but the capsules are big and they don't feel like they are going down, like they are opening in my throat and causing a burning sensation (I have Schatzki's ring).

I'm in the US. Where do people get Ketotifen here? It's not prescription as far as I can tell but I only see it as eye drops in drug stores; I'm looking for oral tablets or syrup.

I'm not sure, but I noticed some people here that might have used it or know how to get it...
@managing
@paymanz
@methylenewhite
@debored13
@Mossy
@haidut
I get it compounded sometimes orbbuy it from mimaki family pharmacy ij japan

Regina

@managing
@paymanz
@methylenewhite
@debored13
@Mossy
@haidut
https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/p-1339-ketasma-tablets-1mg.aspx
I got it there for my dog.

managing

@managing
@paymanz
@methylenewhite
@debored13
@Mossy
@haidut
Also, try microdoses for maintenance. I buy it in Mexico when I visit family there. But what helps me with heartburn more than anything is microdoses of Pepcid AC (famotidine). I cut a tablet in half and just nibble the smallest amount I can. You can buy it almost any pharmacy (OTC) in the US. Two or three nibbles--probably 100micrograms or so, will knock down heartburn. Its commonly beleived to be a PPI, but it isn't except in very high doses (>80 mg for weeks at a time). Also should have negligible anti-chol effect at these doses.

EDIT: "Nomotec" is a brand name for ketotifen tablets in Mexico. But Farmacias del Ahorro sell a liquid suspension (ketotifeno) that is awesome for microdoses. Very cheap, no prescription.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Also, try microdoses for maintenance. I buy it in Mexico when I visit family there. But what helps me with heartburn more than anything is microdoses of Pepcid AC (famotidine). I cut a tablet in half and just nibble the smallest amount I can. You can buy it almost any pharmacy (OTC) in the US. Two or three nibbles--probably 100micrograms or so, will knock down heartburn. Its commonly beleived to be a PPI, but it isn't except in very high doses (>80 mg for weeks at a time). Also should have negligible anti-chol effect at these doses.

EDIT: "Nomotec" is a brand name for ketotifen tablets in Mexico. But Farmacias del Ahorro sell a liquid suspension (ketotifeno) that is awesome for microdoses. Very cheap, no prescription.

Awesome, thank you! This is very helpful. Usually an attack starts with a severe acid reflux, then bile reflux for months. I feel like if I can stop it at the first sign I can prevent long lasting damage. Your idea of microdosing makes total sense.

have you ever tried d-limonene? I see no evidence it would work, but for actute heartburn it works a treat, and has many other benefits so it might actually help.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

have you ever tried d-limonene? I see no evidence it would work, but for actute heartburn it works a treat, and has many other benefits so it might actually help.
I'm concerned I might have an allergy to it. Orange and lemon peel give me contact dermatitis (which i get when peeling them with bare hands or in citrus lotion) and lemonade gives me mouth ulcers. Sucks, it seems like it's such a hugely beneficial supplement otherwise. Thanks for the tip though, I know other people with heartburn that I think could benefit from it so can share the knowledge.

managing

Do you feel it's antiserotonin action?
I think so. Very subjective of course, but I think that, given the link among estrogen-serotonin-histamine-cortisol, that it is working against all of them. The microdoses of famotidine are also great for getting back to sleep at night when your mind is racing. Its not a sedative effect really--not anywhere near that dose--so it has to be anxiolytic via histamine inhibition. Famotidine is known to work directly on the digestive tract, enhancing mucosal quality and inhibiting histamine locally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals