Where People Less Sick When Saturated Fats Were The Thing?

DevilHands

Hi guys, as far as I know way back. People used saturated fats as cooking oil. Then researchers claim that unsaturated fats were better which gave rise to vegetables cooking oils.

My question is, when saturated fats were the thing were there way less cancer and diabetes and other sickness that was supposedly caused by Pufas?

Also why is it that if its as simple as PUFA oxidizing really quick. How the hell did it ever pass the quality test for mass consumption. Doesnt this technically mean that the oils are basically expired even before a consumer bought the item?

somuch4food

Be careful with assumptions like this.

Saturated fats are not the only variable that changed in the last century in the whole chronic health crisis we have on our hand.

TeaRex14

Hi guys, as far as I know way back. People used saturated fats as cooking oil. Then researchers claim that unsaturated fats were better which gave rise to vegetables cooking oils.

My question is, when saturated fats were the thing were there way less cancer and diabetes and other sickness that was supposedly caused by Pufas?

Also why is it that if its as simple as PUFA oxidizing really quick. How the hell did it ever pass the quality test for mass consumption. Doesnt this technically mean that the oils are basically expired even before a consumer bought the item?
I don't think it's a simple yes or no answer. somuch4food also brought up a good point, many things have changed since then, not just fatty acid ratios. But perhaps the most dangerous aspect of PUFAs is the fact they store in our adipose tissues and become generational, effecting our offspring worse then us. The very first generation that was exposed to excess PUFA, were less effected then the people being born today. That's just how the toxic metabolic effects of PUFA work. My opinion it's likely why a lot of teenagers get diabetes now days when adolescent diabetes use to be very rare. I've even seen pictures of drastically overweight newborns in today's world. We can only speculate, but my bet is the deterioration of our youth's energetic and robust health is likely at the hands of PUFA and their generational effect. And simply eating a few PUFA deficient meals won't cure this problem.

tankasnowgod

I think Crisco was introduced to the market in the late 1890s or so. Since that point, many oils have been getting more and more unsaturated. I think you'll see big spikes in the use of unsaturated oils in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, due to the lipid hypothesis, higher use of soy products, and also due to less oils being hydrogenated (partially or fully), mostly due to fear of trans fats.

As for "quality..." Well, bleaching and deodorizing the oil is an important part of the process....

Spondive

You are making the assumption that what they do for us peasants is good for us.. that’s why I laugh when assumption is made that the rda of a nutrient is meaningful

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals