Where Has Ray Peat Contradicted Himself?

halken

I must be an idiot, because I cannot find anything that lay claim of Ray Peat's contradictions.

I see people talking about it here all the time but when ever I find something they're talking it about, it doesn't look like a contradiction but an overlap of nuanced information that comes across more paradoxical than contradicting (though on the surface, that is what a paradox is).

I am by no means claiming that Ray is infallible to mistakes, it's just that I can't seem to find where he has back-flipped on a statement made in the past.

Perhaps someone can't point me to a particular instance?

Thanks.

jaguar43

In one of his articles he had stated that DCA isn't safe. Later in his newsletter and interviews with the herb doctors he thinks that it could be used therapeutically for cancer.

tara

I haven't seen much in the way of contradiction either.
I think sometimes people read that Peat has done something, and falsely assume that he recommends everyone else do the same thing, when actually he was just describing it to illustrate a particular effect. Eg eating lots of icecream, which he has done at times.

schultz

People try very hard to find something wrong with Ray. I'm not sure why? Maybe they don't like him or something. It's like the anti-milk campaign. People try very hard to find a problem with milk, like they don't like the idea of it, so they have to find something wrong with it.

J

jb116

schultz said:
post 100913 People try very hard to find something wrong with Ray. I'm not sure why? Maybe they don't like him or something. It's like the anti-milk campaign. People try very hard to find a problem with milk, like they don't like the idea of it, so they have to find something wrong with it.

Speaking of milk, I posted about milk and igf-1 with that mcdougall guy but there was no discussion about it. I ask because I haven't found Ray referencing or addressing igf-1 when it comes to milk or anything for that matter. But Ray has said growth hormone in general is not a good thing. :?:

Last edited by a moderator:

schultz

jb116 said:
schultz said:
post 100913 People try very hard to find something wrong with Ray. I'm not sure why? Maybe they don't like him or something. It's like the anti-milk campaign. People try very hard to find a problem with milk, like they don't like the idea of it, so they have to find something wrong with it.

Speaking of milk, I posted about milk and igf-1 with that mcdougall guy but there was no discussion about it. I ask because I haven't found Ray referencing or addressing igf-1 when it comes to milk or anything for that matter. But Ray has said growth hormone in general is not a good thing. :?:

Oh I actually read/heard Ray mention this very topic recently... shucks, I'll have to try and find it now! I saw the thread you posted but didn't want to comment on it until I had the quote handy, but then I forgot about it. :?

J

jb116

schultz said:
post 100923
jb116 said:
schultz said:

Oh I actually read/heard Ray mention this very topic recently... shucks, I'll have to try and find it now! I saw the thread you posted but didn't want to comment on it until I had the quote handy, but then I forgot about it. :?
schultz that would be wonderful if you could conjure that up. :) It's the one area I'm not certain about and would love to know Ray's take.

OP
halken

halken

So I just finished listening to this radio session:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6043

and have discovered something that might be contradicting but I'm sure that I have misinterpreted it. At one point the host and Ray were talking about the phosphate ratio to other minerals and mentioning that fruit and leafy greens were the best source.

Milk and cheese are probably safe and that low protein in conjunction with high carbohydrate is the way to living the longest.

I'm confused because I thought Peat mentioned a while ago that milk has a good phosphate to calcium ratio?

Has anyone listened to that session?

Thoughts?

schultz

jb116 said:
Hiya schultz :hattip have ya found anything more on this?

I'm still looking. It takes a while to go through all the podcasts lol. I did find some other stuff I was looking for though!

J

jb116

schultz said:
post 101799
jb116 said:
Hiya schultz :hattip have ya found anything more on this?

I'm still looking. It takes a while to go through all the podcasts lol. I did find some other stuff I was looking for though!

Ok thanks, as long as you don't forget about me :)

J

James IV

Milk does have a good calcium to phosphate ratio. I'm not sure what youre questioning?

schultz

schultz that would be wonderful if you could conjure that up. :) It's the one area I'm not certain about and would love to know Ray's take.

Okay, he mentions it in the kmud: milk episode. At around 6:30 to 9:00min or so, they discuss it.

Queequeg

jyb

Perhaps someone can't point me to a particular instance?

He has changed his diet over the recent years (and along with that, recommendations), to me the most striking is regarding fat. It's not a contradiction, just a change of opinion.

Last edited:

nikolabeacon

Maybe this is not contradiction But? Based on the FACT that fruit and other plant food hE recomends is stressed When grown in stresfull conditions and poor soil and When picked unripe ( all of which is done). And quality of milk products, eggs and meat not adequate. Not to mention that autochtonous breeds of animals And fruit varieties are almost extinct in more developed countries whose quality is ridiculous to compare with new sorts.( fruit and milk in supermarket almost dont have taste which should be a sign of true power and value of food) And all Those talk and labels organic and grass fed. Who will trust it??. They will do silly things for profit.It is all about quality and richness of life in the soil. Today Agriculture practice is ruining the soil which feeds us. Read a Victor Schauberger Fertile EARTH. Only small percent of people are able to have real quality foods. And people have terrible problems because of it. And for me that is the basic " problem" or contradiction, But i do not insult him ...hE actually said that we should understand agriculture and whole system through understanding food and nutrition.

AJC

He has changed his diet over the recent years (and along with that, recommendations), to me the most striking is regarding fat. It's not a contradiction, just a change of opinion.

Interesting, what were his thoughts then, and what are they now?

Waynish

The bigger contradictions are in the interpretations of his work. The people who are the most ideological about his work really seem to go against his actual recommendations and don't seem to have read his books or understood them...