Where Does Coconut Oil "go" If The Body Does Not Store It ?

johnwester130

And if, for example, a person's body fat did resemble coconut oil , would they be more attractive ?

sprinter

Coconut oil is a magical mystical super MCT saturated fat that doesn't even know it's a fat. It cannot be stored and it immediately burned as fuel the moment you ingest it. But not before raising your metabolism and temps and attaching to other fats and burning them off too.

Electric Slim

Coconut oil is a magical mystical super MCT saturated fat that doesn't even know it's a fat. It cannot be stored and it immediately burned as fuel the moment you ingest it. But not before raising your metabolism and temps and attaching to other fats and burning them off too.

An astonishing half-truth! In reality, Ray has stated that we may never know whether coconut oil is truly magical, or godlike, so it is best to remain agnostic about the supernatural properties of the oil.

OP: Apparently the body treats it like a carbohydrate rather than a fat, and it "goes" straight to the liver, where it is converted into energy. Such is the theory. Yet Peat recommends limited consumption, I've seen him quoted as saying that about 1 tablespoon a day should be enough.

Mito

Approximately 50% of coconut oil is comprised of lauric acid, which means there is less of the others (which are more potent for your brain from an energy perspective).

The C12 lauric acid is considered an MCT, but behaves like a LCT because it must visit our liver before being turned into energy. This makes it less effective than many of the other MCT oils and it so happens this is the main component of coconut oil.

MCT Oil vs. Coconut Oil - Surprising Differences That May Save Your Life

schultz

This makes it less effective than many of the other MCT oils and it so happens this is the main component of coconut oil.

I read the article you linked and it says...

"The C12 lauric acid is considered an MCT, but behaves like a LCT because it must visit our liver before being turned into energy. This makes it less effective than many of the other MCT oils [2] and it so happens this is the main component of coconut oil."

I read the source cited - In Vitro Killing of Candida albicans by Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides - and it says that C10 is more effective than the other medium chain fats at killing 3 all three strains of C. albicans (Candida). Is this what is meant when it says MCT is more effective than coconut oil?

The conclusion of that study says...

"In summary, the results show that both capric and lauric acids are active in killing C. albicans and may therefore be useful for treatment of infections caused by that pathogen or others that infect the skin and mucosa, possibly in conjunction with antibiotic therapy over a longer period of time."

So lauric acid still has the ability to kill C. albicans as well I suppose.

Lauric acid is very interesting. Apparently it can turn into monolaurin (inside the body) which possesses anti-biotic effects more powerful than lauric acid. However, I couldn't find a source saying how much of the lauric acid is actually turned into monolaurin. This is all I found thus far from this source...

"Coconut oil and certain coconut products contain approximately 50 percent lauric acid and approximately 6–7 percent capric acid. The question arises frequently whether ingestion of lauric acid can lead to significant endogenous production of monolaurin. There do not appear to be any clear data concerning how much monolaurin is actually formed from lauric acid in the human body. Nevertheless, there is evidence that some is formed. Lauric acid is the main antiviral and antibacterial substance found in human breast milk. Comparatively speaking, lauric acid (C12) has a greater antiviral and antibacterial activity than other medium-chain triglycerides such as caprylic acid (C8), capric acid (C10), or myristic acid (C14). Monolaurin is many times more biologically active than lauric acid in killing viruses and bacteria, leading to the interesting question concerning the conversion rate in the human body. Unlike these medium-chain fatty acids, diglycerides and triglycerides are inactive against microorganisms.5 Research has suggested that monolaurin exerts virucidal and bactericidal effects by solubilizing the lipids and phospholipids in the envelope of the pathogen causing the disintegration of its envelope. Recent evidence has also indicated that the antimicrobial effect is related to its interference with signal transduction in cell replication.6"

Here is the wikipedia page on monolaurin. Interesting stuff!
Monolaurin - Wikipedia

DaveFoster

Coconut oil is not an MCT. It has MCTs in it.

It can be stored as fat. Stryker's mentioned C:8 and C:10 fatty acids are very unlikely to be stored as fat.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Can anyone answer the question, what a coconut oil dominant person looks like ?

schultz

I don't see where it says that. Did you mean when it says MCT is more effective than Lauric acid?

Oh yah, that's what I meant. I was referring to the first paragraph I wrote where it talks about C12 behaving like a LCT. I just didn't know what was meant by more effective.

schultz

6a00d83451db7969e2014e897e9cb9970d.jpg

smith

Bony, sharp, vascular; you can almost constantly see the out-dents of the muscles under their thin skin.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals