Where Do You Go After Peat?

Cirion

I can understand the frustration. I have struggled for over a year as well. But one thing is you must not ever give up, and you must continue researching and experimenting and never stop learning or experimenting. Eventually, you'll figure it out. At least, that's what I tell myself haha. But one thing is for certain -- if what you are doing isn't working, then its time to experiment with something different.

I am starting to think, and a few other members have expressed it, that the liver is key to a lot of issues people here are having though. Recommendations to dramatically increase fat solubles (including VA), fructose/sugar, saturated fats etc. These, among other things, tend to start to burden the liver, in ways that many of us before coming here were not doing, so new issues (liver related) become introduced. Once the liver is burdened, it starts to fail to detox things, including estrogen which means serotonin starts to swarm the body unabated, sensitivity to EMF, and more. Additionally, ability to store glucose becomes horrible, because that's another job for the liver, and so the ability to get restful sleep or go more than a couple of hrs without food also becomes compromised. Theoretically, the liver should be able to store at least 150 gram of glucose (if not more?) but I have to wonder, if the storage drops significantly more, to lets say 50 gram, if the liver is compromised. A healthy individual can fast 12-16 hrs, but I can say for myself, the most I can fast is 4-6 hrs (Gauged by when I wake up in the middle of the night), so I'm probably closer to that 50 gram mark. Ray has mentioned extremely hypothyroid individuals who literally had to wake up every hr at night to have glucose. In this situation, the liver is so compromised its storage capacity is near zero.

With terrible glycogen storage capabilities, the body is constantly in a compromised stress reaction mode due to being depleted in glycogen -> releasing adrenaline for gluconeogenesis, releasing PUFA from bodyfat, fun times. Which oh by the way, stress drains B-vitamins further, which are needed for the liver to do its job, so if the liver isn't doing its job -> stress increases, B-vitamins drain further -> Vicious cycle. Hence recommendation to supplement B-vitamins to break the vicious cycle. If oral b-vitamins aren't well tolerated, topical like Energin may be useful. PS -- protein is needed for liver detox and gluconeogenesis eats up protein for sugar. Thus, it's a double vicious cycle. Literally your body, through stress, is eating up the two main ingredients for liver support - protein and B-vitamins.

Last edited:

LukeL

I started the carnivore diet 8 months ago and have never felt better. I’m not afraid of sugar when I crave it (like many people on the carnivore diet) but getting rid of all fiber via eating mainly meat has changed my life. Trust me I thought this diet was insanely stupid until I experimented with it and felt the benefits...no more depression and anxiety after battling it my entire life, no high cortisol symptoms, no more chronic muscle twitches, body fat completely gone etc.

Crazy how good I feel. A lot of people here will somehow attribute this feeling to “high cortisol” but trust me my cortisol levels are much lower than when I was eating a Peat style diet.

Check out meatheals.com and check out all of the stories of people getting their health back.

I guess my main point is do what works for you and don’t keep doing something that isn’t working for you - like I did for years on this forum.

Mr. Sanders

There is mainstream, there is alternative, and then there is Peat, which is alternative even in alternative medicine. It's basically 180 degrees from mainstream, so if Peat stops working, where else is left to go?

I've been stagnating for over a year in terms of energy levels, focus, and fatigue, but what else is left to try?

the person in the mirror.

somuch4food

the person in the mirror.

:clap:Let other people influence you, but always be the master of your decisions. That's pretty much how I try to do things now.

I no longer restrict something just from the words of someone else. I try to figure out if it applies to me by experimenting. I'm certainly making mistakes, but I have stopped feeling helpless when what I read is not working exactly as it should from what I have read. I just go on the next experiment.

Dobbler

Unless scientists come up with some really bizarre stuff, you have to eat certain foods with macro and micronutrients. You can survive on 2 macronutrients, but you eventually need the 3rd one too. You have the option to be a carb burner or fat burner. From carb family you have 2 options, starch or sugars. From fat family you have unsaturated fats and saturated fats (MUFAs are unsaturated to me). Quick side note i think even the worst starch (heavy grains) are less problematic when prepared properly compared to PUFAs.
You can play around with foods all you want but you have to eat certain ratio of 3 macros. I think this won't change during our lifetime, also the food business is the biggest business in the world, that's a very good thing, because i don't want to ever see some "pill" diet where you take 10 pills a day and get all your nutrition that way.

After Peat there is never going to back to eating standard american diet, or standard diet where ever you are from. When you have read enough stuff, you are forever health conscious. Even with times when you are too depressed to care, there is a good chance you gravitate towards healthiest foods with as little work and preparation as possible.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals