Where Do You Go After Peat?

lampofred

There is mainstream, there is alternative, and then there is Peat, which is alternative even in alternative medicine. It's basically 180 degrees from mainstream, so if Peat stops working, where else is left to go?

I've been stagnating for over a year in terms of energy levels, focus, and fatigue, but what else is left to try?

Kartoffel

There is mainstream, there is alternative, and then there is Peat, which is alternative even in alternative medicine. It's basically 180 degrees from mainstream, so if Peat stops working, where else is left to go?

I've been stagnating for over a year in terms of energy levels, focus, and fatigue, but what else is left to try?

If Peat doesn't work for you, nothing will. Peat tells you to eat that which gives you energy and makes you feel good. If your current diet/medication isn't doing that, reconsider everything you're doing and try to figure out something else. With an open mind, enough effort and research, and enough experimentation, you should be able to make things better for yourself in the future. Don't get stuck in theory and dogmatism.

Grau, teurer Freund, ist alle Theorie

postman

Perceive, think, act. For me most of Peats actual food recommendations don't work at all (except for avoiding PUFAs), but the general theory about metabolism and energy is very helpful and useful.

Maybe you could try the Grant Genereux Vitamin A thing? There are a ton of weird diets and health modalities, I found raw meat and Aajonus Vonderplanitz's books to be very helpful when I was extremely ill.

redsun

I mean... that's a good question really. But any idea that is alternative that is based off nutrition rather than pharmaceuticals is still in the spirit of what Peat himself tries to represent. Have you gone down the rabbit hole deep enough?

Before that... Lets start with the surface. Is your diet providing sufficient vitamins and minerals, meaning at least the RDAs from food sources that are bioavailable and if not are there supplements that are providing for those gaps?

Diet is high carb and meeting protein requirements as well as minimized PUFA?

Have you eliminated any gut irritating substances from your diet?

Have you attempted to add B-complex daily on top of that? Reason I ask because if not, a very good diet has serious trouble providing sufficient Bs to deal with one day let alone deal with the backlog of B-deficiencies that many of us have accumulated before adopting higher nutrient diets. Stress, poor diet, injury, infection, history of dieting, depletes B-vitamins substantially.

How about Vitamin D levels? If you get daily direct sunlight for at least a half hour they are likely adequate, if not and you arent supplementing that could lead to problems.

Are your fat solubles covered somewhat? Especially K2 since that is the hardest to get.

Have you attempted a low tryptophan diet to combat serotonin?

Have you taken NDT, synthetic T3, T4/T3 to combat metabolism and hormonal issues....

Have you attempted cleansing of the liver through taurine, K2, caffeine, high protein diet etc...

Have you tried aromatase inhibitors?

Is your diet providing you energy? Like I mean, when you eat a meal, are you revitalized? If the foods you eat arent maintaining energy levels like they should, perhaps other foods will. Find the foods that energize you and are sustainable.

No need to answer all these questions, its just questions for yourself to ponder to make sure you know you really did check off every box so to speak.

Thats the main stuff. If we are going deep we start looking at megadosing theories, like Linus Pauling's vitamin C megadosing. Or Jeff Bowles vitamin D work. Or B5, pantothenic acid, the "hub of metabolism" vitamin. Then you have the exact opposite, Grant Genereux's vitamin A theory.

Then you also have these ideas where some think you can eat the most perfect diet in the world, but the lifestyle you live can throw your energy down the gutter. Perhaps you live in a way that is not truly aligned with your soul, this alone saps energy as not having the life you want saps your zest, and your energy along with it. There's also undermethylation, overmethylation... Undermethylation basically being Parasympathetic NS dominance and overmethylation being Sympathetic dominance.

B3-dependency conditions where some people need high amounts of B3 just to feel normal. Pyroluria(not considered real in the medical community, its more alternative but personally I'm convinced). Estrogen dominance, subclinical cushings.... adrenal insufficiency, low testosterone/low androgens. I am inclined to agree with haidut who posted about androgen deficiency being the main cause behind chronic disease in men, perhaps some androsterone can be all you need or AIs to provide the androgens you may be missing. I would follow this track of thought first of all things, simple answers first. Maybe your testosterone or DHT is just too low and they need a little push.

Androgen Deficiency As The Main Cause Of Chronic Disease In Males

These are all the things off the top of my head, there is quite a bit more going on if you get down the rabbit hole and really dive into nutritional theory.

tankasnowgod

Well, it could also be something outside of the diet and nutrition world. I just something that might be this type of change in my world-

Just Ended An Early Morning Work Shift, Going To "Normal" Hours

nbznj

have you tried aromatase inhibitors?

Never ever touch them OP. Unless you want to experience what feeling like absolute death is like.
Avoiding xenoestrogens, mostly from animals fed GMOs and soy, could be important though.

Many “Peat” foods are nasty in today’s world and agriculture. Unfortunately

Moving to a high altitude place

RobertJM

Depends what your issues are from doing the Peat thing. If you’re like me and you’re left with a fat belly, proteinuria, chronically high blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, hypogonadism, intolerability of pretty much all foods and a very bad gut biome, you will also be wondering where to go next.

Bear in mind that whereas I may have been cold when I first joined this forum (and didn’t feel overly healthy), I certainly didn’t have any of those problems above, which I consider to be warning signs that things are going very very wrong indeed. I’m sure I’m not the only one either. I bet there are loads of people on this forum who are suffering quietly because they don’t want to admit that they’ve failed with this. For me, I don’t really care though lol. I haven’t got any rep to protect.

Peat, and the people on this forum won’t have the answers for you. Because they will never put themselves in a position where they are medically advising people. People make suggestions, and some have been kind enough to do so in this thread.

The positives for me, from going Peat, have been that my temperatures are now amazing (bang solidly consistent), my pulse is great, my cognition and memory is the best it’s ever been. All signs of a thyroid that is humming along nicely. My TSH was pretty much 1 last time I had my labs done. 5 years ago it was very high indeed.

So yeah, where do you go from here?

If you discover what the answer is, please let me know.

What about high carb/low(ish) fat fruitarianism? Perhaps you could tweak it so it becomes more Peaty. Oh hang on, the food supply sucks. There goes that idea then. Plus fruit has to be eaten in bulk to satisfy hunger cravings, unless you want to turn into a stick insect.

Well, the fruit here in the U.K. is something that I wouldn’t even feed to my dog.

I might just go raw meat. The raw meat/eggs/milk crowd don’t seem to be doing too bad. Throw in a few oranges (maybe just the juice). They don’t look stressed to me.

I’m at that stage where I’m not bothered about turning into a complete social freak.

intotheether

Research Professor Buteyko's work.

Develop a Buteyko breathing practice. Retain Peat's dietary recommendations.

Practice breathwork for 2 hrs a day. Relax. Let go.

Also, look into emotional healing, power of beliefs, the subconscious, law of attraction, etc.

Keep building your energy though. Dr. Peat's work is foundationl. We are individuals are are missing a piece of our own puzzle.

somuch4food

You've got to own it. Stop looking outward for answers and connect with your body.

Nothing will work forever. Peat has refined his stance on many of his theories and opinions over time and so should you.

It seems you are still in a 'learned helplessness' mode. Try new stuff, venture into various things diet and lifestyle wise and find what connect best with your body.

Intuition has been crushed in our current society. You have to rebuild your knowledge. There is a context for everything. For example, when I start to feel nauseous from sweet stuff, it's time to reduce sugar and increase salt. No one food is completely bad. The dose and context is what matter. Stop following a plan and start a journey inward. You will probably feel worst at first, but when things start to click, your destiny will be in your own hands and that's an awesome feeling.

Vinero

Just try harder. Eat more carrots salads, orange juice, cheese, milk, gelatin, liver etc.
This is the approach I took many years ago when Peating caused me to develop some pretty disturbing sensations. (eczema, head presurre, white coated tongue).
Ofcourse, trying harder and eating more strictly Peaty did nothing to improve my worsening health condition. So I decided I would just quit, at least until my health was somewhat better again. I decided to eat only white rice and meat for now, since these foods have absolutely no allergens in them. I was eating chicken-breast, turkey and beef for my meats. Within 3 days my white coated tongue was pink again, and I felt a sense of relief. I felt less brain-fogged. This was a big hint. My system was completely fine with meat and rice. Just give it a try, if it works for you and you want to know more google Grant Genereux.

Lilac

Time is an important factor, I believe. I have been doing Peat for about six years, and some problems are still present, some are improving, and some have been fixed. As the years go by, I am also learning to recognize the symptoms of high estrogen, serotonin, endotoxin, low blood sugar, etc.

Think about other factors beside diet and supplements. Light, stressful worldly problems, the company you keep, and so on.

Good luck.

Dino D

I mean... that's a good question really. But any idea that is alternative that is based off nutrition rather than pharmaceuticals is still in the spirit of what Peat himself tries to represent. Have you gone down the rabbit hole deep enough?

Before that... Lets start with the surface. Is your diet providing sufficient vitamins and minerals, meaning at least the RDAs from food sources that are bioavailable and if not are there supplements that are providing for those gaps?

Diet is high carb and meeting protein requirements as well as minimized PUFA?

Have you eliminated any gut irritating substances from your diet?

Have you attempted to add B-complex daily on top of that? Reason I ask because if not, a very good diet has serious trouble providing sufficient Bs to deal with one day let alone deal with the backlog of B-deficiencies that many of us have accumulated before adopting higher nutrient diets. Stress, poor diet, injury, infection, history of dieting, depletes B-vitamins substantially.

How about Vitamin D levels? If you get daily direct sunlight for at least a half hour they are likely adequate, if not and you arent supplementing that could lead to problems.

Are your fat solubles covered somewhat? Especially K2 since that is the hardest to get.

Have you attempted a low tryptophan diet to combat serotonin?

Have you taken NDT, synthetic T3, T4/T3 to combat metabolism and hormonal issues....

Have you attempted cleansing of the liver through taurine, K2, caffeine, high protein diet etc...

Have you tried aromatase inhibitors?

Is your diet providing you energy? Like I mean, when you eat a meal, are you revitalized? If the foods you eat arent maintaining energy levels like they should, perhaps other foods will. Find the foods that energize you and are sustainable.

No need to answer all these questions, its just questions for yourself to ponder to make sure you know you really did check off every box so to speak.

Thats the main stuff. If we are going deep we start looking at megadosing theories, like Linus Pauling's vitamin C megadosing. Or Jeff Bowles vitamin D work. Or B5, pantothenic acid, the "hub of metabolism" vitamin. Then you have the exact opposite, Grant Genereux's vitamin A theory.

Then you also have these ideas where some think you can eat the most perfect diet in the world, but the lifestyle you live can throw your energy down the gutter. Perhaps you live in a way that is not truly aligned with your soul, this alone saps energy as not having the life you want saps your zest, and your energy along with it. There's also undermethylation, overmethylation... Undermethylation basically being Parasympathetic NS dominance and overmethylation being Sympathetic dominance.

B3-dependency conditions where some people need high amounts of B3 just to feel normal. Pyroluria(not considered real in the medical community, its more alternative but personally I'm convinced). Estrogen dominance, subclinical cushings.... adrenal insufficiency, low testosterone/low androgens. I am inclined to agree with haidut who posted about androgen deficiency being the main cause behind chronic disease in men, perhaps some androsterone can be all you need or AIs to provide the androgens you may be missing. I would follow this track of thought first of all things, simple answers first. Maybe your testosterone or DHT is just too low and they need a little push.

Androgen Deficiency As The Main Cause Of Chronic Disease In Males

These are all the things off the top of my head, there is quite a bit more going on if you get down the rabbit hole and really dive into nutritional theory.
Are bad reactions to coffee mostly caused from bad liver?
Coffee with food helps a bit, but more then two cups i cant take... one makes problems also and leavs me bloated... also people who tolerate coffee can drink it always, food no food, day or night... and fall a sleep...
So?

nbznj

Jack kruse is interesting to listen to. With a grain of salt of course, just like everyone who’s ultra alternative

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peat 2.0 where you really understand how his ideas apply to your own very unique situation.:):

postman

Are bad reactions to coffee mostly caused from bad liver?
Coffee with food helps a bit, but more then two cups i cant take... one makes problems also and leavs me bloated... also people who tolerate coffee can drink it always, food no food, day or night... and fall a sleep...
So?
Are you drinking drip coffee? The paper filters get rid of a lot of the irritating elements. Try using a chemex filter and see if it gets better. If that doesn't work, try making cold brew coffee, and run that through a chemex filter. That should fix any intestinal sideeffects.
Peat 2.0 where you really understand how his ideas apply to your own very unique situation.:):
Very true.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals