Where Did All The Aspirin Powder Go?

Amazigh

Anyone have a good source of veterinary aspirin powder? I can't find any decent products anywhere. I bought Aniprin and it's spoiled (brown, smells like vinegar) and I don't want apple-flavored aspirin. I'd love to buy the HealthNatura brand, but it's too expensive for the the qty I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help.

schultz

I had a hard time finding it as well recently (I'm in Canada). I wouldn't even mind the apple flavour lol.

Maljam

Maybe it is some sort of supply issue because of coronavirus? One version of Gericare aspirin tablets just have cornflour as their excipients I believe that might be able to tide you over if you are looking for something now.

OP
Amazigh

Amazigh

Thanks, but I don't want to take a mouthful of tablets or pay upwards of $70 for a month supply of USP aspirin. That's why I'm looking for veterinary aspirin, but all of those on the list are out of stock (except for the Aniprin which I bought and was degraded into vinegar- yuck).

Energizer

Thanks, but I don't want to take a mouthful of tablets or pay upwards of $70 for a month supply of USP aspirin. That's why I'm looking for veterinary aspirin, but all of those on the list are out of stock (except for the Aniprin which I bought and was degraded into vinegar- yuck).

The one I linked you is out of stock too? Edit: I see that is indeed out of stock. Drat. :eek:Oh look, a 25lb pail of aspirin: Aspirin Powder, 25lb | On Sale | EntirelyPets

Appears to be in stock at the time of my post.

Last edited:

Arnold Grape

How much are you taking?

Jessie

I just get the stuff my local Walgreens has, noncoated 325mg tablets. Only added ingredient is cornstarch. I get it's probably not ideal if you buy in bulk, but it's relatively cheap, and there's little risk that it's degraded due to expiration standards.

You've got to be careful when ordering Aspirin off the internet, I found that out the hard way. Bought some stuff off Amazon, and the bottle was out of date, sure enough when I opened it it smelled like straight acid/vinegar.

Lollipop2

I just get the stuff my local Walgreens has, noncoated 325mg tablets. Only added ingredient is cornstarch. I get it's probably not ideal if you buy in bulk, but it's relatively cheap, and there's little risk that it's degraded due to expiration standards.
+1 I have also found the Geri Care brand from Amazon is always in date. Reputable company; 1000 tabs is $10. Can’t beat it. I also started ordering their 100 tab bottles for freshness.

Jessie

Yeah my aspirin tablets are old, but I keep them in the freezer and they stay good.

OP
Amazigh

Amazigh

OP
Amazigh

Amazigh

You've got to be careful when ordering Aspirin off the internet, I found that out the hard way. Bought some stuff off Amazon, and the bottle was out of date, sure enough when I opened it it smelled like straight acid/vinegar.

I just had that problem, but I bought it from a veterinary supplier. I have been buying veterinary aspirin from Amazon for years with no problem. It's inconvenient and expensive to take 5g of aspirin in tablets, unfortunately.

Grapelander

OP
Amazigh

Amazigh

Good Lord - 25 lbs for $ 146.99; that is 11,340 grams - about 1.2 cents per gram. You could be the neighborhood dealer.
Health Natura has Aspirin powder back in stock - 60 grams for $ 12.99.

I might end up getting HN until I find a bag of vet aspirin. I bet all the preppers have been hoarding it.

Jessie

I just had that problem, but I bought it from a veterinary supplier. I have been buying veterinary aspirin from Amazon for years with no problem. It's inconvenient and expensive to take 5g of aspirin in tablets, unfortunately.
Wow, 5 grams is a lot. Is there a specific reason why you're taking that much? My understanding is doses as little as 80-160mgs can decrease excessive lypolisis. 1 gram is enough to produce mitochondrial uncoupling. I remember Ray saying cancer patients can benefit from doses in the 3-5 gram range. Definitely take K2 with that much aspirin.