Where Can I Purchase RAW MILK in the Chicago Area?

DMF

Anyone know of good, reliable place in/nearby Windy City ?
I'm assuming one must order ahead of time given the nature of product.
I've NEVER tried raw milk, have horrible gut issues, looking for a healing food that might help.

FoodForeal

if raw milk causes problems, you may want to try kefir made from raw milk and living kefir grains.

Christian the Dog that kefir saved​

Christian
"
Some of the best friends I have today came to me through cultured foods. I meet people who are looking to be well - they either come to one of my classes or they find me through friends to purchase kefir grains. Dionne is one of those people. I immediately liked her and felt connected, too. She is not only a wonderful friend but her little girl, Anna, is one of my daughter's best friends. It so happens that Anna raises chickens and used to be allergic to eggs, but now she can eat them a few times a week without major problems. They feed their chickens wonderful things and this is where I get my eggs from every week.

Dionne has a dog, Christian, that got very sick two years ago in February. He had bloody, explosive stools and vomiting. They took him to the vet and ran tests but couldn't find anything. They put him on three medications that sort of helped, but he had to have a strict diet of chicken and rice. If they deviated from this diet, the bloody diarrhea and vomiting would return. This went on for seven months. In September, Dionne came to my class and got kefir grains and started making kefir smoothies for her family. She thought since it was so good for her family that it might help Christian. She mixed some kefir in his food because she had run out of medication at that time. In three days of no medication and kefir every day, the bloody stools and stomach upset stopped. Now Christian has a cup of kefir a day and can eat anything. He is as happy as he can be. Many times when he sees Dionne with the blender making kefir smoothies, he follows her around begging for more. She told me of this story and how awful it had been when he was sick. She could not believe that in three days, after months of being sick, kefir fixed him. They call him, "the dog that kefir saved.
"

Last edited:
OP
D

DMF

if raw milk causes problems, you may want to try kefir made from raw milk and living kefir grains.

Christian the Dog that kefir saved​

Christian
Some of the best friends I have today came to me through cultured foods. I meet people who are looking to be well - they either come to one of my classes or they find me through friends to purchase kefir grains. Dionne is one of those people. I immediately liked her and felt connected, too. She is not only a wonderful friend but her little girl, Anna, is one of my daughter's best friends. It so happens that Anna raises chickens and used to be allergic to eggs, but now she can eat them a few times a week without major problems. They feed their chickens wonderful things and this is where I get my eggs from every week.

Dionne has a dog, Christian, that got very sick two years ago in February. He had bloody, explosive stools and vomiting. They took him to the vet and ran tests but couldn't find anything. They put him on three medications that sort of helped, but he had to have a strict diet of chicken and rice. If they deviated from this diet, the bloody diarrhea and vomiting would return. This went on for seven months. In September, Dionne came to my class and got kefir grains and started making kefir smoothies for her family. She thought since it was so good for her family that it might help Christian. She mixed some kefir in his food because she had run out of medication at that time. In three days of no medication and kefir every day, the bloody stools and stomach upset stopped. Now Christian has a cup of kefir a day and can eat anything. He is as happy as he can be. Many times when he sees Dionne with the blender making kefir smoothies, he follows her around begging for more. She told me of this story and how awful it had been when he was sick. She could not believe that in three days, after months of being sick, kefir fixed him. They call him, "the dog that kefir saved.
???????

FoodForeal

OP
D

DMF

There are farms in the outlying communities for pick-up
but no car.
Dill Pickle Co-op I'm told about

FoodForeal

"
Kefir is a traditional dairy product with multiple probiotic characteristics derived from its associated microorganisms, including more than 50 species of lactic acid bacteria and yeast. For centuries, many people have produced kefir for human consumption; its consumption and potential role as a probiotic supplement in companion animals have never been tested. The present study explored the potential application of kefir as a probiotic supplement for dogs. Kefir was orally administered to healthy adult dogs (n = 6) for 2 wk. On d 0 and 14 (before and after kefir consumption, respectively), gut microbiota was analyzed comprehensively using quantitative PCR and 16S rDNA amplicon-based community analysis using fresh fecal samples. The 16S rDNA amplicon-based community analysis showed that the relative abundance of the phylum Fusobacteria was significantly decreased after kefir consumption. Furthermore, the relative abundance of the families Prevotellaceae, Selenomonadaceae, and Sutterellaceae increased significantly, whereas that of the families Clostridiaceae, Fusobacteriaceae, and Ruminococcaceae decreased significantly. The quantitative PCR assay showed that kefir consumption significantly increased the population of lactic acid bacteria and the lactic acid bacteria:Enterobacteriaceae ratio and significantly decreased the Firmicutes:Bacteroidetes ratio. Taken together, 2-wk kefir administration successfully modified the gut microbiota without causing any clinically evident adverse effects. Therefore, kefir could be further developed as a novel probiotic food supplement for dogs to improve the quality of life of dogs.
"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals