Where Are The Basics? So Sorry

Wendy B

I've searched "basics" and "diet basics", not finding. I'm a month in, but still needing guidance on basics. I have cognitive limitations, please forgive me if I'm not seeing the obvious.

Thanks!

lampofred

Overall dietary guidelines are on the first post of this thread: Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, And General Guidelines

In a nutshell, Dr. Peat recommends avoiding unsaturated oils, excess starch, and muscle meat because he says these all inhibit your thyroid function, which is essentially the ability to produce energy. He favors saturated fats, sugar from fruit, and dairy/gelatin/eating the whole animal as in the case of fish.

He thinks healthy people should have an average body temperature of 98.6 and a heart rate in the 80s, and that dietary changes, thyroid supplementation, and even coffee drinking should be utilized until temperature and heart rate are at that level.

Gone Peating

Avoid polyunsaturated fats, particularly vegetable oils, like your life depends on it because it does.

If you eat starch, put some butter or coconut oil on it to help digestion along with some sugar to prevent blood sugar crashes that come with starch or meat.

Aside from that, just eat what you want to taste. If you want something sweet eat something sweet, if you want some meat eat some. Don't overthink it. Keep polyunsaturated fats to a minimum and make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals from the food you eat (use cronometer for a week or two and then after that stop so you don't become obsessed)

Inspired

It would be nice to maybe get a refresher on what to start first. Like, in what order to read books or articles.

I'm also new to this. There is a lot of content but I also feel scattered.

Gone Peating

It would be nice to maybe get a refresher on what to start first. Like, in what order to read books or articles.

I'm also new to this. There is a lot of content but I also feel scattered.

Ray Peat

Start with the articles on PUFA, sugar, and cancer and then keep going. After you've read all the articles on his website come here and ask any questions you still might have (we may not have the "right" answer though")

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals