Whenever I Start Taking Thyroid (even Synthetic T3) I Get A Sore Throat?

lampofred

Do I have Hashimoto's? I think Peat doesn't think it exists but what else could it be besides my body not liking thyroid hormone? Does anyone else have this? This has happened like 4 times over the past 2 years which is why I always have to stop taking thyroid a few days after I start.

But I'm clearly still hypothyroid because I have energy deficiency problems like ADHD/easily stressed.

papaya

Do I have Hashimoto's? I think Peat doesn't think it exists but what else could it be besides my body not liking thyroid hormone? Does anyone else have this? This has happened like 4 times over the past 2 years which is why I always have to stop taking thyroid a few days after I start.

But I'm clearly still hypothyroid because I have energy deficiency problems like ADHD/easily stressed.
what type of thyroid have you taken. maybe you took too much t3? i remember reading somewhere that taking too much t3 can bring viruses to the surface.

OP
L

lampofred

what type of thyroid have you taken. maybe you took too much t3? i remember reading somewhere that taking too much t3 can bring viruses to the surface.

Cytomel, so pure T3. & wow I never heard that. I wonder what I can do to get rid of the dormant viruses in my body then.

ddjd

There's a few of us that always get increased Estrogen from t3

OP
L

lampofred

There's a few of us that always get increased Estrogen from t3

It's actually gone now after I upped my protein and salt intake. And protein and salt lower estrogen. Damn so I guess it was excessive estrogen.

Sepulchrave

It increased your metabolism but you were not feeding the fire adequately, which made your immune system weaker.

Mellow

Apologies to resurrect an old thread, but this topic exactly hits on what my wife is experiencing, and I wanted to ask other's advice and experience.

We are each taking one Thyroid-S tablet daily, which is 50mg. I don't find any negative effects, but my wife develops a sore throat a few days after taking. We tried a few months ago and that happened (left side of her throat), and now trying again and she found her right side got sore.

Otherwise she likes taking those, as her metabolism seems to rev up, loses weight, but she's uncomfortable with sore throat (and not wanting to cough just now!).

Any suggestions? She's currently trying taking more salt. Will try protein, and maybe half a tablet per day (but 50mg seems anyway not large).

Mellow

No thoughts?

FWIW so far raising salt consumption *seems* to be helping. Early days - will report back.

OP
L

lampofred

Forgot to update this thread with this info, but if I eat even a little PUFA (like a nut or two) it comes back the next day. So as RP said it might be a symptom of cellular damage being healed. The PUFA causes the damage and then increased thyroid causes regeneration, and the pain is a sign that healing is taking place.

Sagitarrius90

Can anyone show studies that show supplementing thyroid doesn't shut down the thyroid? I am confused on whether to take t3 to help lower my tsh and lower my cholesterol which is around 220 but it makes sense that taking t3 or a combo of t3 and t4 would shut down my thyroid just how say taking testosterone would shut down ones htpa system via negative feedback loop.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals