When you lose interest in your health problem..

PeatBull

Cuz you having interesting life and donthave time to be worried about it?

nickvdg

best quote in a long time man... I can only agree to this.
what works for me is not living in any extreme and trying to recall periods in my life where I was really happy.
And actually, these were times where I made lots of fun and it wasn't the healthiest Peat-wise. But when you
are socially and financially satisfied, I think many things will fall in place.

Unknownuser

Absolutely true. When I was in Thailand December 2019 until April 2020 I felt my best, even though my health was just like now, as I currently feel my worst, locked down and not been able to travel.

This scamdemic damaged, I guess, 70% of the world population. Just for some rich to get richer. Hope there will be a payback karma ***t for them anytime soon.

Edit: One big factor was that I stopped reading and caring about politics and the world for 2-3 years. But now they force us to. And that makes some sick to the stomach, seeing all this injustice happening.

Dino D

This obsesive studying and thinking about health that many on this forum do 24/7 is madness...
What and how to eat, sit, breath, sleep and everything, while overthinking about it and binging all possible sups out there... That is not healthy att all... Get the basic knowledge, have balance, listen to your bodY, relax and live...

Beastmode

Looking at health from a very general standpoint, and not separating it from all aspects of life, is how it occurs to me.

The reductive mindset has been conditioned in all of us at some level. Moving away from that is where the power really lies and life is truly lived.

davvid_1

annoyingly I have plenty I'd rather do. im eager to dive into my passions and I really enjoy reaching the goals ive set for myself. I find it frustrating having to keep coming back to spend hours researching my health. When I ignore my health, which ive done many times, it certainly gets worse.

md_a

I asked him if he could provide more details about this quote.
Ray Peat: My next newsletter is going to relate to that, the importance of flexibly shifting your attention, orienting yourself toward important and interesting things.

Jem Oz

This obsesive studying and thinking about health that many on this forum do 24/7 is madness...
What and how to eat, sit, breath, sleep and everything, while overthinking about it and binging all possible sups out there... That is not healthy att all... Get the basic knowledge, have balance, listen to your bodY, relax and live...
So true. People mean well, but it’s always about the next in a long line of bio/life hacks. Fix your posture, fix your breath because apparently you’re doing it wrong , quit your boring job, go low fat, now go high fat, cut out x, y and z, here’s the latest supp you must take, but now stop all supps cos they’re unnecessary etc etc.

It’s important to look at the unintended side effects of relentlessly focusing on “health”.

Lee Simeon

I asked him if he could provide more details about this quote.
Ray Peat: My next newsletter is going to relate to that, the importance of flexibly shifting your attention, orienting yourself toward important and interesting things.
Damn, this sounds like a fun one!

thegiantess

...you are probably on the right track

--Ray Peat
So true. Having kids is a great way to solve health problems. At least for me, once I had kids I had way more to worry about/somewhere constructive and rewarding to put my energy… and much less time to contemplate my navel.

opethfeldt

Whatever you give your attention to is what you invite into your life. Rather than focusing on whatever health problems we think we have, we should instead focus on positive things and our issues will usually resolve themselves. I come here now only to read interesting posts. I no longer think focusing on your health is actually healthy. I've never known any health nuts who were actually noticeably healthier than people who just kinda did and ate what they wanted and enjoyed their life.

I've never known any health nuts who were actually noticeably healthier than people who just kinda did and ate what they wanted and enjoyed their life.

That's quite a red-pill, so to speak. The reason we're here is that our health issues prevent us from living life to the extent we think we should.
The "average" person eventually develops all kinds of chronic health problems and degenerative diseases by just "doing and eating what they want."

We're here either because we're already there or because we want to avoid that. If being a 'health nut' doesn't put us in a better position, then what are we even doing here?

opethfeldt

That's quite a red-pill, so to speak. The reason we're here is that our health issues prevent us from living life to the extent we think we should.
The "average" person eventually develops all kinds of chronic health problems and degenerative diseases by just "doing and eating what they want."

We're here either because we're already there or because we want to avoid that. If being a 'health nut' doesn't put us in a better position, then what are we even doing here?
I'm not suggesting we just eat whatever. Most people here know what generally constitutes a healthy diet. What I mean is that we don't need to obsess about it. It shouldn't be on our minds all the time, influencing every decision we make. The human body is built for health. Most people who have health issues actually have them as a result of emotional and trauma issues more so than what they eat.

Lollipop2

So true. Having kids is a great way to solve health problems. At least for me, once I had kids I had way more to worry about/somewhere constructive and rewarding to put my energy… and much less time to contemplate my navel.
Hey! Nice to see you back...