When Would Vitamin D Usage Coincide With An Increase In Estrogen?

Is there anything you can think of? I can't think of anything. Maybe a lack of thyroid or sugar from increased metabolism from vitamin D ? Or lack of B vitamins? Use of D is included with K2.

TubZy

Doesn't vit d3 need adequate magnesium stores to work properly in the body?

OP
mayweatherking
Doesn't vit d3 need adequate magnesium stores to work properly in the body?

Yes... that is true. Also, if vit D is low, aldosterone will go up I think, so it will leak out the magnesium as well. Maybe the aldosterone is high all ready, so magnesium is not there in the first place, then when vit D goes up, the said magnesium is not there for it so it needs it desperately? Very good point to think about.. I know estrogen can be a sign of magnesium deficiency.

LukeL

Or if you are taking it orally it could be messing with your digestion? I wouldn't underestimate the relief people can feel when they stop taking vitamins orally

OP
mayweatherking
Or if you are taking it orally it could be messing with your digestion? I wouldn't underestimate the relief people can feel when they stop taking vitamins orally

same effect external on skin

I can think of that maybe it didn't actually go up :ss

DaveFoster

what mechanism? do you have a source on that? i know it leeches potassium, but need to get D up..
Excuse me, I mean immunosuppressive.

25-(OH)D activates IL-10:

1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) promotes IL-10 production in human B cells. - PubMed - NCBI

IL-10 is well-known to suppress the immune system:

Immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory properties of interleukin 10. - PubMed - NCBI

Glucocorticoids (cortisol) also upregulate IL-10:

Glucocorticoids up-regulate constitutive interleukin-10 production by human monocytes. - PubMed - NCBI

I touch upon the topic in Aspirin: More Than Just a Painkiller, particularly with regards to resistant starch and its promotion of short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs). Butyrate, one such fatty acid upregulates IL-10, and this is why people think it's beneficial. In the short-term, immunosuppression does not cause much harm, but you can be more sensitive to infection during this time; in the long-term, the risk becomes increasingly undesirable.

OP
mayweatherking
Excuse me, I mean immunosuppressive.

25-(OH)D activates IL-10:

1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) promotes IL-10 production in human B cells. - PubMed - NCBI

IL-10 is well-known to suppress the immune system:

Immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory properties of interleukin 10. - PubMed - NCBI

Glucocorticoids (cortisol) also upregulate IL-10:

Glucocorticoids up-regulate constitutive interleukin-10 production by human monocytes. - PubMed - NCBI

I touch upon the topic in Aspirin: More Than Just a Painkiller, particularly with regards to resistant starch and its promotion of short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs). Butyrate, one such fatty acid upregulates IL-10, and this is why people think it's beneficial. In the short-term, immunosuppression does not cause much harm, but you can be more sensitive to infection during this time; in the long-term, the risk becomes increasingly undesirable.

what do you do for vitamin D then? what if you can't get sun?

Diokine

I experienced increased joint pain with vitamin D supplementation as well. I think the mechanism has more to do with changes in the maintenance of prolactin but I really don't have any more information to go on.

paymanz

Check your vitamin D level,especially if you use over 2k a day for long time.

OP
mayweatherking
@mayweatherking

Physiological and conservative doses aren't a problem, as in 2000 IU/day.

i see... cool thanks.

I experienced increased joint pain with vitamin D supplementation as well. I think the mechanism has more to do with changes in the maintenance of prolactin but I really don't have any more information to go on.
\

interesting....

Check your vitamin D level,especially if you use over 2k a day for long time.

you think it would go up fast?

Marie2000

same problem here, third day supplementing vitamin d 2500 IU Jarrow formula. At first it made my skin look great. But thrid day in and having strogen symtoms, bloated arms sudden weight gain. It did made my bones somewhat larger and they feel stronger *hip size slightly encreased too. So I am utterly confused.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals