When to take the last dose of T3 before a blood test?

Padmaaa

If I will have a thyroid blood tests done, let's say on Monday morning, when can I take my last dose of T3 before the blood test?

Currently I'm taking a combination of T4 and T3 at least 6 times a day, the last one around 9-10pm.

Thanks for the help.

kiran

I guess it depends on the purpose for the test.

If you want to check your current TSH, T3, T4 etc, then keep taking it.
If you want to show a doctor that you have a high TSH, then stop a day or two before.
If you want to see how your thyroid does without supplemental meds, then stop about a week or two before the test.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
SuperStressed Last Dose Of Thyroid Before Thyroid Labs? Blood Work, Labs 5
haidut No Excess Deaths In Sweden In 2020 Compared To The Last 10 Years Scientific Studies 119
R Considering TRT As Last-Resort For Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) Ask For Help or Advice 27
lyfe Ate Oysters For The First Time Last Night ! Whoa! Seafood 4
E Numbness On Left Side Of Body For Last 2 Days (20yo Male) Help? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 9
E Ray Peat Interview Amazing Content On Last Night's Live Stream With Ray Peat, Haidut, And Danny Roddy Generative Energy Podcast 9
N Threw Up Last Night- Had The Best Sleep Ever? What's The Reason? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 17
E The Coronavirus Has Mutated, And It Won't Be The Last Time Scientific Studies 5
T What Is The Best Last Meal To Sleep Trough The Night? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 37
ecstatichamster Climate To Get Colder Than Last 200 Years, More Volcanic Eruptions Articles & Scientific Studies 3
pauljacob Last Week's Most Popular Posts Question The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 5
I For How Long Does A Sunbathing Session Last? Health 9
Wabby1 “Optimal” Heart Rate Finally Acheived But It Won’t Last Without A Prescription Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 8
bzmazu Fenbendazole. The Last Thing The Cancer Industry Needs Is A Cure Cancer 9
A Any Last Suggestion? Ask For Help or Advice 0
K New To Ray Peat Diet. I Have A Lot Of Constipation Last Couple Days Ask For Help or Advice 12
D My Bloodwork Over The Last Year, Suffering For 20 Years. Please Help Blood Work, Labs 52
Cirion How Long Would Raw Milk Last In A Hermetically Sealed Glass Jug? Milk 10
E I Just Took 25mg Of Dhea Last Night Ask For Help or Advice 2
J Nutrition Data Of The US Of The Last Hundred Years Diet 8
rmorloc1 Last Before And After NDT - Cholesterol Higher With Lower TSH Blood Work, Labs 3
Fearlessgolfer Food Intake Sequence? What Is Last Meal And How Late? Diet 1
burtlancast Guy Negre, The French Engineer Who Claimed To Mass Produce An Air-powered Car, Died Last June Rant or Rave 1
Amazigh Help. I Got NO Sleep Last Night, Going To Job Interview Insomnia, Sleep Issues 31
ecstatichamster High Temps At Last -- Fewer Liquids The Key? Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 17
haidut Health Of Young People Has Declined Strongly In The Last 30 Years Scientific Studies 55
Y If T3 half-life is 2.5 days then why effects last only 4 hours? T3 4
C Suddenly Can't Digest Milk Anymore In The Last 7 Days? Digestion 9
B 136% increase in adipose LA in last 50 years Scientific Studies 0
DaveFoster Euphoria - The Last Question In Peat-dom Health 41
Westside PUFAs What will the last 10 years of your life look like? (powerful video) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 2
charlie Regarding Forum Downtime Last Night Ray Peat Forum Announcements 15
kiran Last wisdom tooth Oral Health 0
M Euphoric After Last Email [Methylene Blue, H. Pylory] Messtafarian 32
burtlancast START HERE: FAQ :transcribing advice (last update: 9 nov) Interview Transcript Projects 0
BingDing Down To 2 F Last Night The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 19
E Weird Body Odor Emitted Last Night Ask For Help or Advice 13
charlie Having Trouble Registering the Last Couple of Weeks? Ray Peat Forum Announcements 0
R Ginger dose dependantly increases MAO-A, SERT and lowers Tryptophan hydroxylase 1 & 2 in gut and brainstem Spices 14
S Progesterone: starting dose for resolving insomnia Ask For Help or Advice 5
Lizb Dose of aspirin for mild cognitive impairment/dementia please? K2 also? Mental Issues 5
S How to dose with Health Natura methylene blue Ask For Help or Advice 7
S Low dose aspirin to treat inflamation induced insulin resisitance? Blood Sugar 1
R May need higher dose of glycine (10g)? Amino Acids 0
R Low-dose copper with glycine and proline or gelatin for collagen? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Mr Joe Combo High Dose (B1 + Cypro + B3) + T3 for recovery Mental Issues 12
charlie An Open-Label Pilot Study With High-Dose Thiamine in Parkinson's Disease Scientific Studies 5
R High dose taurine long-term 3-5G per day? Taurine 2
5 Chronic, High-Dose Androgen Use and Adrenal Suppression Male Issues 0
T I took my valium 12 mg dose 21 minutes too late this morning and now have physical anxiety/withdrawal Ask For Help or Advice 9