When taking thyroid could be bad

FredSonoma

Hi all,

I was reading a post by Tara. Basically, it made me think about my body recovering, and that my body might purposely be keeping my thyroid hormone low to help me recover. Could taking thyroid actually be bad for me then? As in, it will make me feel better in the present, but will prevent me from recovering?

I do feel so much better when I take thyroid. However, I do notice something weird - sometimes when I skip thyroid I have a stronger libido.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Joocy_J said:
post 104064 What doses are you taking? I would follow the libido imo.

I have no idea how much I'm taking because I get it from fish head soup I make at home. I imagine there's some pregnenolone in it too. My libido is stronger, but just getting through my day is a lot harder because I just wanna stay home and sleep, and I'm less social / more awkward, despite having more boners

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

FredSonoma said:
post 104065 but just getting through my day is a lot harder because I just wanna stay home and sleep
Sometimes extra sleep may be what's needed for recovery?

Nicholas

FredSonoma said:
post 104062 Could taking thyroid actually be bad for me then? As in, it will make me feel better in the present, but will prevent me from recovering?

that has been my experience, at least. supplementing thyroid (in fish head soup or otherwise) is not a basic measure....it's an advanced measure/treatment. furthermore, if something basic like blood sugar regulation is not stabilized/improved then thyroid function never will, either. I know some people have success in very specific cases in doing very aggressive treatments out of the park....but i believe that the general rule is that the body has to adjust on its own terms. It does this anyway through our lives as our diets fluctuate/evolve.

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
Hi all,

I was reading a post by Tara. Basically, it made me think about my body recovering, and that my body might purposely be keeping my thyroid hormone low to help me recover. Could taking thyroid actually be bad for me then? As in, it will make me feel better in the present, but will prevent me from recovering?

I do feel so much better when I take thyroid. However, I do notice something weird - sometimes when I skip thyroid I have a stronger libido.

Thyroid can indeed make your situation worse. There are ways to directly increase metabolism and ways to indirectly increase metabolism. Direct ways are harsher if your body is not prepared for it. These include caffeine or T3, for example. Indirect ways can include aspirin, niacinamide, Cyproheptadine, etc. These indirect ways will reduce stress hormones and allow for normal metabolism to take over. These are much more tolerable and are recommended if you are struggling with thyroid. I know I'm not ready for thyroid or caffeine right now, except in tiny doses. So I focus on calories right now, and using Cyproheptadine to suppress stress hormones. Caffeine in small amounts from Pepsi throughout the day. This strategy I find to be much better given my current state.

OP
F

FredSonoma

tara said:
post 104083
FredSonoma said:
post 104065 but just getting through my day is a lot harder because I just wanna stay home and sleep
Sometimes extra sleep may be what's needed for recovery?

I totally agree with you :| but I'm just stuck in a situation where I have to run around all the time

tara

OP
F

FredSonoma

Is the idea to take thyroid until your temps are up to 98.6? I oftentimes feel like I'm going hyperthyroid - I start getting anxious and get that weak feeling in my muscles. However, I rarely hit a temp above 98.

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 104524 Is the idea to take thyroid until your temps are up to 98.6? I oftentimes feel like I'm going hyperthyroid - I start getting anxious and get that weak feeling in my muscles. However, I rarely hit a temp above 98.

Then this is not hyperthyroid it's an adrenaline response you are getting. Temperature is useless without your pulse

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 104527
FredSonoma said:
post 104524 Is the idea to take thyroid until your temps are up to 98.6? I oftentimes feel like I'm going hyperthyroid - I start getting anxious and get that weak feeling in my muscles. However, I rarely hit a temp above 98.

Then this is not hyperthyroid it's an adrenaline response you are getting. Temperature is useless without your pulse

My PULSE is generally ~ 80 (edit)

Is the adrenaline response from taking the thyroid? (in the form of fish head soup)
What can I do about it?

tara

FredSonoma said:
post 104528 Is the adrenaline response from taking the thyroid? (in the form of fish head soup)
What can I do about it?
I think Peat has said that thyroid supps can make one more sensitive to the high adrenaline levels you've been running on. With better thyroid levels, hopefully the chronically high adrenaline will go done.
Alternatively, supplementing thryoid hormone with inadequate nutrition could be increasing adrenaline.
Maybe there are other possibilities too.
I don't know how you tell whether one of these things is happening. Thyroid supp. adjustments seem tricky to me.

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 104528
answersfound said:
post 104527
FredSonoma said:

My temp is generally ~ 80

Is the adrenaline response from taking the thyroid? (in the form of fish head soup)
What can I do about it?

There are a lot of variables at play here, so no ones knows exactly why you are getting this response. You can experiment with meds and supps and see what helps supress adrenaline. It depends how high your pulse is going after the thyroid

OP
F

FredSonoma

tara said:
post 104593
FredSonoma said:
post 104528 Is the adrenaline response from taking the thyroid? (in the form of fish head soup)
What can I do about it?
I think Peat has said that thyroid supps can make one more sensitive to the high adrenaline levels you've been running on. With better thyroid levels, hopefully the chronically high adrenaline will go done.
Alternatively, supplementing thryoid hormone with inadequate nutrition could be increasing adrenaline.
Maybe there are other possibilities too.
I don't know how you tell whether one of these things is happening. Thyroid supp. adjustments seem tricky to me.

This definitely makes sense, I do think I've had chronically high adrenaline, and I don't seem to do great w white sugar (typing this with sugar packets in my hand LOL). I guess time is the real answer...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals