When keto diets backfire and cause health problems

ChadGPT

Does anyone know how to recover from keto? I have been off the diet for 9 months now and have blood sugar issues and weight gain. No sign of getting better yet. I was doing the low vitamin A diet and eating a lot of red meat. I think this may be contributing to my high blood sugar because I tested it pretty regularly before and never had this problem.

julcreutz

Does anyone know how to recover from keto? I have been off the diet for 9 months now and have blood sugar issues and weight gain. No sign of getting better yet. I was doing the low vitamin A diet and eating a lot of red meat. I think this may be contributing to my high blood sugar because I tested it pretty regularly before and never had this problem.
Drop the high meat. Low fat, high carbs, exercise helped me immensely

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What does your diet look atm?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Beef, scallops, beans, collagen powder, apples, bananas mostly
Do you know your macros? Do you know how many grams of carbs you eat per day?
Common causes of hyperglycemia are high cortisol and glucagon. Have you tested your cortisol?

ChadGPT

Do you know your macros? Do you know how many grams of carbs you eat per day?
Common causes of hyperglycemia are high cortisol and glucagon. Have you tested your cortisol?
Yes I tested it and it is only high in the morning but it always was so I don’t think it’s that. My macros are not very consistent. I could get 40-60% carbs a day and usually 200-something grams a day.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes I tested it and it is only high in the morning but it always was so I don’t think it’s that. My macros are not very consistent. I could get 40-60% carbs a day and usually 200-something grams a day.
Healing can take time. Did you have high blood sugar on keto too or did it start after you added carb? Did you add carbs slowly over time or quickly?

ChadGPT

Healing can take time. Did you have high blood sugar on keto too or did it start after you added carb? Did you add carbs slowly over time or quickly?
No my blood sugar didn’t become high until months later. I noticed it a few months after I started the low vitamin A diet so maybe that had something to do with it as well. But the weight gain happened before the vitamin A diet so I’m sure that was from keto messing something up. I just went straight back into eating carbs. At first I would often start the day eating keto and then decide to eat carbs so I don’t think that was good to mix high fat and high carb. I read keto causes dysbiosis to favor bacteria that cause weight gain. Do you know how to fix this? I guess just eat carbs but it hasn’t helped so far.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
No my blood sugar didn’t become high until months later. I noticed it a few months after I started the low vitamin A diet so maybe that had something to do with it as well. But the weight gain happened before the vitamin A diet so I’m sure that was from keto messing something up. I just went straight back into eating carbs. At first I would often start the day eating keto and then decide to eat carbs so I don’t think that was good to mix high fat and high carb. I read keto causes dysbiosis to favor bacteria that cause weight gain. Do you know how to fix this? I guess just eat carbs but it hasn’t helped so far.
I'd use aspirin with each meal to lower excess lipolysis and favor glucose oxidation. Also, niacinamide can help, like 100mg with each meal. 5-10 drops of pyrucet with each meal will also help to boost proper glucose oxidation.
Last, vitamin B1 can be very helpful as it's a cofactor for one of the rate-limited enzymes in glucose oxidation.
Summary:
- Try low-ish fat for a while
- Stick to fruit or other natural foods high in fructose, since they are the least insulinogenic.
- Have 300mg aspirin with each big meal with carbs
- Have 100mg x3 daily
- Add 5-10 drop pyrucet with each big meal with carbs.

ChadGPT

I'd use aspirin with each meal to lower excess lipolysis and favor glucose oxidation. Also, niacinamide can help, like 100mg with each meal. 5-10 drops of pyrucet with each meal will also help to boost proper glucose oxidation.
Last, vitamin B1 can be very helpful as it's a cofactor for one of the rate-limited enzymes in glucose oxidation.
Summary:
- Try low-ish fat for a while
- Stick to fruit or other natural foods high in fructose, since they are the least insulinogenic.
- Have 300mg aspirin with each big meal with carbs
- Have 100mg x3 daily
- Add 5-10 drop pyrucet with each big meal with carbs.
Thank you I’ll give this a try!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals