When Is The Exact Moment Cortiol Is Released Into The Bloodstream?

OP
mayweatherking
06:48:02, or 08:16:16 since supper. Unless I ate a big supper.

JK. I was assuming there was a threshold that would trigger cortisol release when blood sugars levels dropped below it. But that threshold could vary from person to person and depend on other aspects of one's state (eg stress levels, insulin resistance).

I think unless you are testing continuously, you could easily miss the low point in the blood sugar levels, because the adrenaline and cortisol released will usually bring it back up very quickly.

Really? Allergic?

I think Peat has talked about coconut oil sustaining blood sugar levels (ie keeping them up), which is useful for some contexts.

some form of problems processing blood sugar. however, i've found today my eggshell calcium, magnesium, salt, and staying hydrated is starting to alleviate the problem. i'm starting to see how important magnesium is for me, especially calcium as well. i think i underestimated the calcium requirements. roddy does 3k mg a day of calcium, so im doing 3 teaspoons a day of eggshell today.. that is about 2500 roughly of calcium.

when i take magnesium, i feel the effects right away, i feel my body deflate and i actually almost get cold a little. today i felt tired after magnesium. i know its handling the stress hormones because then i have sugar and it is better handled. i'm starting to get a grip and comign to reality. it is just taking some time.

OP
mayweatherking
ive walked another hr tonight, so im walking every night for an hr to stop this insulin resistance problem.

it seems to me though, truly, calcium and magnesium seem to be the root of my problem. now that i did a lot of eggshell calcium and magnesium together, that is when i notice the most profound changes in my body. all of a sudden i can handle sugar after this point and actually feel chilly and need the sugar and it goes to where it should go. before, i dont know what was going on exactly. i think too much insulin and not enough backup calcium and magnesium causing massive stress. ive also been conciously really trying to calm myself down and think poitively and not let my body go crazy.

everytime i feel hungry even in the slightest, i make sure to have some kind of sugar. i know the hunger pain is a signal for the glucose needing to go up in the blood. but i stop it there, i dont let it go too high or else it will go too high if i cant handle it. however, it seems i can handle it with magnesium and calcium.

i wonder what is the upper limit to calcium and magnesium. i am easily handling almost 3000mg of calcium, but i almost suspect i need a little more. im doing 10 sprays of magnesium everytime i take the calcium and it seems to be enough.

stuff is moving in the right direction for sure. calcium and magnesium kill the "itch" completely from balding. im also doing k2 and vitamin D as well.

stuff seems to be working here.....

tara

roddy does 3k mg a day of calcium, so im doing 3 teaspoons a day of eggshell today.. that is about 2500 roughly of calcium.
I imagine it would vary depending on the how fine/coarse ground the eggshells are, but IIUC:
1tsp ~ 4-5g egg shell powder
3tsp ~ 12-15 g
1g eggshell powder contains ~ 400mg calcium
so 3tsp eggshell ~ 5-6 g Ca
Which seems pretty high.
Someone please let us know if this maths is off.
Didn't you already back off once from extremely high calcium supplementation?

Are you also getting calcium from food, eg from drinking milk?
If you are getting sth like 1g calcium from food, eg milk, then adding 1/4 tsp eggshell (~1g eggshell/4oomg Ca) 2-3x with meals might be plenty? Or maybe another 1/4-1/2 tsp more if little or no milk/cheese/other high calcium food? ?

OP
mayweatherking
I imagine it would vary depending on the how fine/coarse ground the eggshells are, but IIUC:
3tsp ~ 12-15 g
Which seems pretty high.

If you are getting sth like 1g calcium from food, eg milk, then adding 1/4 tsp eggshell (~1g eggshell/4oomg Ca) 2-3x with meals might be plenty? Or maybe another 1/4-1/2 tsp more if little or no milk/cheese/other high calcium food? ?

Forget milk.. One tsp of egg shell is 800mg is it not?

OP
mayweatherking
3tsp ~ 12-15 g
Which seems pretty high.

Source on this?

OP
mayweatherking
One whole eggshell makes about one teaspoon of powder, which yields about 750 -- 800 mg. of elemental calcium plus other micro-elements, i.e. magnesium, boron, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, sulphur, silicon, zinc, etc. Ingredients: 12 largeeggshells-organic, free-range, pastured raised.Mar 13, 2013

OP
mayweatherking
I understand wtf is going on now. Not maintaining blood sugar will drop magnesium really fast. ...maintaing blood sugar is reqd for magnesium to stay in place... Only way to revwrse cortisol is to supplememt magnesium and get sugar up.. Once sugar drops.. All mag is gone.. Reqd to resup.. Or else cortisol will stay elevated even if sugar goes back up.. U will have insulin resistance if the mag is not there to drop the cortisol... My finding so far

OP
mayweatherking
also.. salt seems to uptake calcium and/or magnesium into the cell, i'm not sure which, even if there is no calcium and/or magnesium bio availbale, in which sense it will increase cortisol or PTH in order to get it

tara

Source on this?

Calcium carbonate (the main component of eggshells and oystershells) is 40 calcium by weight (Calcium and calcium supplements: Achieving the right balance - Mayo Clinic).

I'll try to remember to check on my oyster shell packet when I'm home. I was going on memory that there was 4-5g oystershell in a tsp, but will check what it says. Since oyster shell and eggshell are both nearly all calcium carbonate, I expected them to be similar, but it's possible that eggshell is less dense, so fewer grams in a tsp.

Regardless of the nominal estimates of weight in a tsp of eggshell, I expect it would vary depending on how fine it is ground, and maybe there would be a little settling.
So I'm not confident about how many g of eggshell you have in your tsp, but I am fairly confident that it is nearly 40% calcium. So for instance, 10g eggshells should give nearly 4g elemental calcium. A more appropriate amount to supplement, if you were getting virtually none from diet, might be more like 1.2-2g total calcium from 3-5g eggshells.
If you have a fine scale, you might be able to measure how many grams in a tsp of your eggshell powder.

I also found this from Mittir, which suggests numbers between your and mine - Mittir is usually well informed.

I think measuring PTH is the best way to be sure about calcium status.
Low vitamin D people has lower absorption rate.
Absorption of calcium carbonate depends on stomach acid.
In healthy person it is not a problem. I take some calcium in
calcium citrate and or acetate form by dissolving calcium
in lemon juice/ OJ or vinegar. 1 tsp of calcium carbonate gives
1200 mg of calcium. RP recommends 1500 mg of calcium for
PTH suppression

I think we've previously discussed the hazards of milk-alkali syndrome from too much calcium supplementation along with other alkalinising tactics/overly alkaline state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals