When Is The Exact Moment Cortiol Is Released Into The Bloodstream?

I've been monitoring my blood sugar and I notice I will get some negative effects in my body when my blood sugar begins to drop. For example, when I eat some beef, and my blood sugar will begin dropping, I will notice an effect. I am trying to determine if this is cortisol causing this effect or not.

I'm wondering, does cortisol begin to be released once blood sugar starts decreasing, or does it wait until blood sugar decreases to a certain point, then it starts releasing cortisol?

I was thinking if it reached below 90, it would start releasing cortiol, however, this doesn't seem to be the case. It seems more like, if the blood sugar starts to drop, then it will cause a problem? I'm not sure.

Kasper

Hum, wouldnt it only start increasing after your glycogen is completely empty?

OP
mayweatherking
Hum, wouldnt it only start increasing after your glycogen is completely empty?

I'm not sure. I think it might be some form of insulin resistance actually. When "blood sugar drops", that' probably actually insulin being released into the blood stream. I'm trying to get it under control and my understanding is to stop it, you need to stop cortisol from being released by eating steady and having no pufa. So i'm trying to keep my blood sugar steady, but i'm not sure what range to keep it at. I can very easily jump to 120, almost too easily, so I haven't been eating a lot because it can hit it within like one banana which I have been eating lately for the potassium.

OP
mayweatherking
@mayweatherking Have you tried having a little bit of fat with your snacks?

I did have some coconut oil with my food before and did notice a positive effect from it.. maybe I will keep up with taht everytime I eat, a scoop of coconut oil. I really can not eat a lot.. it's crazy, my blood sugar goes high very very fast.

HDD

How big of a scoop of coconut oil? Some people have problems with larger amounts is why I ask.

HDD

@mayweatherking Blood sugar is tricky. Haidut has posted about different supplements that can help remedy the problem. Famotidine is one off the top of my head, biotin, b1 ...you would need to check on these since I'm going from memory. Eating carbs with protein plus a little fat can help keep blood sugar steady. OJ + cheese for example.

OP
mayweatherking
@mayweatherking Blood sugar is tricky. Haidut has posted about different supplements that can help remedy the problem. Famotidine is one off the top of my head, biotin, b1 ...you would need to check on these since I'm going from memory. Eating carbs with protein plus a little fat can help keep blood sugar steady. OJ + cheese for example.

thanks.. i'll have to look into those. i might just cook some liver and eat a small amount everyday to cover the Bs. I took niaciacinamide and it really spiraled me off track, so i'll probably lay off the supps for a little bit. i seem to be doing better today though about 3 days into watching blood sugar. my chest fungus is finally almost fading and my nipples are finally small right now.. they've been puffy for ages now ,but it flucuates a lot. i usually will eat sugar when it starts hitting 90, then i will have some protein with it until i hit 120, then i stop eating and keep repeating that.

I think cortisol is after a few hours when you start to feel happy again and you lose appetite.

Tarmander

Mayweather. This may seem like a weird question, and maybe you answered it somewhere else, but did you recently have a smart meter or other EMF device installed where you live?

OP
mayweatherking
Mayweather. This may seem like a weird question, and maybe you answered it somewhere else, but did you recently have a smart meter or other EMF device installed where you live?

i dont think so. ive always had this problem for a while now.. almost 9 years and ive lived in at least 6 or 7 different places.

I think cortisol is after a few hours when you start to feel happy again and you lose appetite.

what do you mean, when you start to feel happy again, and after a few hours from what?

LucH

'm wondering, does cortisol begin to be released once blood sugar starts decreasing, or does it wait until blood sugar decreases to a certain point, then it starts releasing cortisol?
The rise in cortisol secretion follows ACTH release after a 15-minute to 30-minute delay.
It depends on signal sent by PTH (retro-feedback between brain and pituitary gland).
If you eat beefsteak (or other proteins) without enough sugar, you'll get a insulin spike. Not dramatically but enough for borderline people. Some stress followed by cortisol secretion.
See picture on this link (retro ffeback).
All About Cortisol | Precision Nutrition
This parathyroid response is prompt, less than 15'.
It takes 90' to come back to a normal state.

OP
mayweatherking
The rise in cortisol secretion follows ACTH release after a 15-minute to 30-minute delay.
It depends on signal sent by PTH (retro-feedback between brain and pituitary gland).
If you eat beefsteak (or other proteins) without enough sugar, you'll get a insulin spike. Not dramatically but enough for borderline people. Some stress followed by cortisol secretion.
See picture on this link (retro ffeback).
All About Cortisol | Precision Nutrition
This parathyroid response is prompt, less than 15'.
It takes 90' to come back to a normal state.

thank you. i thought PTH was for calcium, interesting.

i'm in bad shape blood sugar wise. i've actually been through this before though. about 5 or 6 years ago, the same thing happened, and i couldnt eat anything except vegetables and fish basically or else i would get some pain in my body. that probably lasted about 6 months. it's unfortunate i have to go back to this again, but at least i know what the problem is now.

i am really hyper sensitive to sugar now. thank god that one guy told me about the blood sugar issue when he did. holy crap man. i understand what my problem is now and why i get fungus out of control. damn. i justate some white rice.. that doesnt work well for me.. nearly passed out after 2 or 3 bites. i think i will keep at small amounts of potatoes and bananas and oranes, and stick to fish and see what happens and keep my blood sugar in range. everything else seems to make my estrogen symptoms really bad.

OP
mayweatherking
My problem appears to be severe insulin resistance somehow attacking hormones and not actually diabetes.

Im happy to find my problem... Confused at how to fix it.

It seems like cortisol is my true problem. And my sugar skyrocket after any meals... Even very small meals.

HDD

I pulled a few quotes to see if there is anything in them than can help.

Q: so if people have been told they have weak adrenals, bad blood sugar, what are good foods?

RP: The main thing that keeps blood sugar stable is the ability of your liver to store sugar, wherever it got it, it needs Thyroid hormone to store sugar, it also makes you use your sugar more sparingly, producing many more times of ATP molecules per unit of food, you get if you metabolise it into lactic acid which you do when you don’t have enough Thyroid. Thyroid makes you spare your glucose, not waste it, and store it in the liver, so it’s the basic thing for stabilizing your blood sugar. If you have cholesterol, which is only produced if the liver is in good condition, low cholesterol is behind serious adrenal failure, because raw cholesterol is raw material all of Pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, and cortisol. If your cholesterol is low and thyroid is low, you can’t make any of these. If you don’t make enough of these other steroids, then you will turn any trace of cholesterol into Adrenaline or Cortisol and get ecess cortisol, so you can get either adrenal failure or adrenal over activity, as a result of having a sick liver or any underactive thyroid.

"Eating protein by itself can cause a big surge of cortisol. Preceding the protein with some carbohydrate makes the protein go farther, otherwise under the influence of cortisol a lot of protein is used just for energy."

"The T3 component of the thyroid hormone makes muscles and other tissues oxidize sugar. Calcium, sodium, and aspirin are other things that increase the ability to use glucose."

RP: There are articles on my site about Diabetes, explaining how the unsaturated fats are an essential problem in causing diabetes, and sugar is NOT a problem and has been used a s a cure, getting the right diet and making sure the Thyroid function is optimized are the basics. Aspirin is well-known to help to regulate blood sugar and help to lower inflammation, and the problems associated with diabetes.

@mayweatherking I had started to post these before your last several posts. Are you taking thyroid? Aspirin?

Makrosky

Do you think EMF can cause hypoglycemia ?

Tarmander

Do you think EMF can cause hypoglycemia ?

I am not sure, but I think so man. I recently went on an Alaskan cruise, and while there were other issues at play like food quality, I had to take large amounts, more then I ever have, of insulin to cover meals. As soon as I got back, my blood sugar started dropping, and I felt "stimulated." My blood sugar was low all night the night I got back. Being away for a week and then coming back to an apartment that felt so "excited," really showed a contrast that I think I was missing before.

From the research I have looked into, it appears that EMF raises NO and causes your mitochondrion to release calcium into the blood stream. This I believe would be stimulating and cause hypoglycemia in the short run, and type 2 diabetes in the long run. I just had 11 smart meters installed behind my apartment around two months ago, and I think it would explain some of the weird things I have experienced lately. I am getting a meter and checking into it.

Makrosky

I am not sure, but I think so man. I recently went on an Alaskan cruise, and while there were other issues at play like food quality, I had to take large amounts, more then I ever have, of insulin to cover meals. As soon as I got back, my blood sugar started dropping, and I felt "stimulated." My blood sugar was low all night the night I got back. Being away for a week and then coming back to an apartment that felt so "excited," really showed a contrast that I think I was missing before.

From the research I have looked into, it appears that EMF raises NO and causes your mitochondrion to release calcium into the blood stream. This I believe would be stimulating and cause hypoglycemia in the short run, and type 2 diabetes in the long run. I just had 11 smart meters installed behind my apartment around two months ago, and I think it would explain some of the weird things I have experienced lately. I am getting a meter and checking into it.
I asked you this because I suspect it too. I get BIG hypoglycemias when I'm in a certain office (not all work days) which does have Lots of computers and big TFT screens in a small area. I'm sorrounded by them basically. At the beginning I thought it was just plain simple stress but as I know more and more about physiology and start distinguish stress reactions I've come to the conclusion that these reactions are from hypoglycemia and a possible explanation is the large ammount of electric devices and cables (not Wifi though).

Please keep us posted with your findings. I think those meters are not anything good no matter what the company says.

Last edited:

Tarmander

I asked you this because I suspect it too. I get BIG hypoglycemias when I'm in a certain office (not all work days) which does have Lots of computers and big TFT screens in a small area. I'm sorrounded by them basically. At the beginning I thought it was just plain simple stress but as I know more and more about physiology and start distinguish stress reactions I've come to the conclusion that these reactions are from hypoglycemia and a possible explanation is the large ammount of electric devices and cables (not Wifi though).

Please keep us posted with your findings. I think those meters are not anything good no matter what the company says.

You know I was in the exact same boat. I thought I was just stressed, but going away where most of the stuff was the same except the WiFi and smart meters really drove home their impact. It has made me feel nuts trying to understand why I was feeling the way I was. I also did a stint for about 6 weeks where I took vitamin K before bed. Slept great, and I think it is because of its ability to send calcium where it needs to go, lowering it in the blood stream.

I am getting an RF meter in a couple days, I hope it's just a few hotspots affecting me, I will update on it.

tara

When Is The Exact Moment Cortiol Is Released Into The Bloodstream?
06:48:02, or 08:16:16 since supper. Unless I ate a big supper.

JK. I was assuming there was a threshold that would trigger cortisol release when blood sugars levels dropped below it. But that threshold could vary from person to person and depend on other aspects of one's state (eg stress levels, insulin resistance).

I think unless you are testing continuously, you could easily miss the low point in the blood sugar levels, because the adrenaline and cortisol released will usually bring it back up very quickly.

nearly passed out after 2 or 3 bites.
Really? Allergic?

I think Peat has talked about coconut oil sustaining blood sugar levels (ie keeping them up), which is useful for some contexts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals