When Does The Peat-body Start Buzzing With Energy?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Although this is by no means a definitive test for adrenal insufficiency, it might give you a clue: are your finger tips pruned ( as if you’ve been a pool for too long)? Or are they firm, pink and plump? If they are constantly wrinkled that could point to adrenal insufficiency which might account for the fatigue.
They are not very firm, but on the firm side for sure.

If you are fatigued and not feeling well generally, what are you doing at the gym? You are already running a deficit, don’t add to the problem
I used to lift 5 times / week, bodybuilding type of workouts, they left me drained at the end and could feel that they killed my libido.
Now I've reduced it to only 3 heavy lifting sessions per week, which are more strength-based. I take my training very seriously and push myself every workout. They leave me more refreshed and probably give me a Testosterone boost.
I'm also eating a high number of calories (4000 currently), to give my body plenty of fuel for healing + muscle damage & synthesis.

I was always a skinny guy, and lifting helped me put on muscle, I can't give up on it. If I haven't found the gym 2 years ago, I'd probably have attempted suicide, it gave me something to hold on to.
I did drop all cardio except casual walking.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I remember when I was doing IF last year, but also this year on the ZeroCarb diet, how my feet and hands would sometimes go cold.
I've also done fasted cardio / fasted lifting for a while.
I did multiple 24h fasts, and did 3 60h fasts this year.
Since peating, I'm seeing improvements on this front, my extremities are warmer, but it doesn't benefit or give me better energy yet.

Stramonium

Dietary changes certainly help but I only started feeling better when I introduced T3 to the regimen.

Jennifer

@GreekDemiGod — It seems to me like you're improving! If it hasn't been that long since you stopped eating carnivore/low-carb, it may just take some more time for your glands to heal up fully for you to get that consistent energy. Or maybe there's a food or foods that aren't good for you right now, or indefinitely, that are causing problems with the digestion of other foods via possible gut inflammation, and this is contributing to the fatigue?

While Peating, I was waking during the night needing to pee, but that stopped as soon as I switched to a fruitarian diet, which I suspect is due to the diet stabilizing my blood sugars. I'm still at a point where if I eat too much starch or too much protein close to bedtime, I don't sleep soundly through the night. I was in and out of the hospital this month and part of last and finally got my doctor to prescribe me NDT so I'm hoping I finally heal my glands.

I generally feel buzzing with energy. I generally sleep well and have lots of energy and seldom get sick.

I have gone through phases (like now) where I wake very early, but I think it’s due to the body’s adjusting or adapting to some changed circumstances (in this case, low starch and low dairy.)

@GreekDemiGod — It seems to me like you're improving! If it hasn't been that long since you stopped eating carnivore/low-carb, it may just take some more time for your glands to heal up fully for you to get that consistent energy. Or maybe there's a food or foods that aren't good for you right now, or indefinitely, that are causing problems with the digestion of other foods via possible gut inflammation, and this is contributing to the fatigue?

While Peating, I was waking during the night needing to pee, but that stopped as soon as I switched to a fruitarian diet, which I suspect is due to the diet stabilizing my blood sugars. I'm still at a point where if I eat too much starch or too much protein close to bedtime, I don't sleep soundly through the night. I was in and out of the hospital this month and part of last and finally got my doctor to prescribe me NDT so I'm hoping I finally heal my glands.

"While Peating, I was waking during the night needing to pee,"

Fruitarian diet sounds low Sodium and high Potassium to me,
High Sodium increases urianry output 2-4fold.
I would steer from a fruitarian Diet.Your glands are fine,you are just starving,and need to eat clean meat,fruits and butter,
my darling.

They are not very firm, but on the firm side for sure.

I used to lift 5 times / week, bodybuilding type of workouts, they left me drained at the end and could feel that they killed my libido.
Now I've reduced it to only 3 heavy lifting sessions per week, which are more strength-based. I take my training very seriously and push myself every workout. They leave me more refreshed and probably give me a Testosterone boost.
I'm also eating a high number of calories (4000 currently), to give my body plenty of fuel for healing + muscle damage & synthesis.

I was always a skinny guy, and lifting helped me put on muscle, I can't give up on it. If I haven't found the gym 2 years ago, I'd probably have attempted suicide, it gave me something to hold on to.
I did drop all cardio except casual walking.

Longstanding incurred micronutrient debt is producing that type of state,clean eating and nothing moves.
You need to look up comprehensive repletion-protocols for micronutrients,Ray Peat and his spare and isolated
Supplement-Regime,but spiced with lots of Pharmaceuticals,is a bit mistaken imo.

Arnold Grape

If you’re feeling stuck or off-ish, with low energy symptoms, drinking a Red Bull or downing a cappuccino can sometimes get you over a hump. There’s a sensitivity that you might develop, where you get to a point of finding which foods make you tick. And even then you might falter — the great purpose will probably be developing a tempo that can be maintained. At the beginning I messed with all the great suggestions and I’m still not sure if those things were ill advised? Try to operate from a perspective of intuition; eat nutritious foods and get rest and exercise.

Herbie

Because you don’t know about the coffee, oj, milk, lsd protocol yet

DrJ

Have you ever tried eating a whole pineapple, minus the core?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

If you’re feeling stuck or off-ish, with low energy symptoms, drinking a Red Bull or downing a cappuccino can sometimes get you over a hump.
Red Bull just became my favorite drink lately, it does pick me up. I'll sometimes take Taurine pills with it, for a higher dose.

What are the parameters to track in order to asses whether one is getting closer to the ideal 'Peat-state'?
  • high temps and pulse
  • feeling warm
  • TSH closer to 1.0
  • high liver glycogen reserves, not waking up in the middle of the night.
  • ability to handle large doses of caffeine (I can barely handle 2 cups)
Feel free to add to the list.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I have quit Carnivore in July this year, so 3 and a half months gone by.
I also remembered that the headaches side-effects from the Carnivore Diet are now gone, since going high-sugar:cool:
One of the reasons I did this diet was my digestive health, there are definitely foods that cause me problems / bloating, but if give up on all of them, i end up with a restricted list of foods I can eat.

Last edited:

Arnold Grape

Red Bull just became my favorite drink lately, it does pick me up. I'll sometimes take Taurine pills with it, for a higher dose.

What are the parameters to track in order to asses whether one is getting closer to the ideal 'Peat-state'?
  • high temps and pulse
  • feeling warm
  • TSH closer to 1.0
  • high liver glycogen reserves, not waking up in the middle of the night.
  • ability to handle large doses of caffeine (I can barely handle 2 cups)
Feel free to add to the list.
The things you mentioned are smart. I might add:

1.) Pink or red fingertips
2.) Mental clarity
3.) The willingness to socialize

The irony of me typing this to you is that I am awake in the middle of the night, and I ate a bucket of ice cream before bed: it’s good to intuit symptoms in relation to what you may or may not have done within the previous twenty four hours, and what you have eaten. (This becomes more difficult to gauge when you move further out from that timeframe.) I’m still not sure about the ability to handle caffeine being an end all bc I my tolerance is high and I still have issues — but I believe the answer you’re looking for is a sustained combination of the various things you are tracking. The difficult part will be figuring out how to arrive at that place because everyone is somewhat different.

Edit: If you want to experience a good uptick in thyroid, try drinking some Gelatin stirred in warm milk with sugar or honey and then have a coffee while shining a red light in your thyroid area for several minutes. (Possibly smoke a cigarette.) This will provide a jumpstart, where you will probably begin to sweat and your pulse will bump up.

Jennifer

"While Peating, I was waking during the night needing to pee,"

Fruitarian diet sounds low Sodium and high Potassium to me,
High Sodium increases urianry output 2-4fold.
I would steer from a fruitarian Diet.Your glands are fine,you are just starving,and need to eat clean meat,fruits and butter,
my darling.
Thank you for the advice, Tristan. I've been eating meat for over 9 months now. It's definitely my glands. I was in and out of the hospital this month and part at of last month due to passing out nightly. I would wake during the night from a surge of adrenaline — shortness of breath, heat rushing from my cold extremities to my core and head, my whole body shaking uncontrollably like I was having a seizure and my BP rising to the low 160s/110s and dropping down to the low 80s/50 before passing out. It had gotten so bad I couldn't be left home alone – two weeks ago I was alone when an episode happened and family found me on the floor near the fridge. I had crawled to the freezer to get an ice pack to put on my core in hopes of cooling off and staying conscious.

The hospital did EKGs, an echo, chest x-rays, CT scan of head and chest, blood tests, urine tests including 5-HIAA, blood pressure tests taken sitting, standing and supine, and said everything looked perfect. I kept telling them that I believed the episodes were due to my adrenals pumping out adrenaline because of poor thyroid function, but was told that there is no connection between the thyroid and adrenals. I finally got my doctor to run more extensive thyroid tests and they came back positive for Hashimoto's. My doctor still refused to put me on thyroid because my TSH was in range (2.9) but I finally convinced her to and thankfully, my BP has stabilized and the syncope episodes have stopped. I've been hypo for years — it's why I developed severe osteoporosis and fractured my spine at such a young age — but it mostly went under the radar because I'm small, not overweight.

Jennifer

I also remembered that the headaches side-effects from the Carnivore Diet are now gone, since going high-sugar:cool:
Awesome! It sounds like you've had quite a few improvements in the past 3 1/2 months, but I can understand frustration with the unsustained energy and digestive issues.

Last edited:

mbachiu

Thank you for the advice, Tristan. I've been eating meat for over 9 months now. It's definitely my glands. I was in and out of the hospital this month and part at of last month due to passing out nightly. I would wake during the night from a surge of adrenaline — shortness of breath, heat rushing from my cold extremities to my core and head, my whole body shaking uncontrollably like I was having a seizure and my BP rising to the low 160s/110s and dropping down to the low 80s/50 before passing out. It had gotten so bad I couldn't be left home alone – two weeks ago I was alone when an episode happened and family found me on the floor near the fridge. I had crawled to the freezer to get an ice pack to put on my core in hopes of cooling off and staying conscious.

The hospital did EKGs, an echo, chest x-rays, CT scan of head and chest, blood tests, urine tests including 5-HIAA, blood pressure tests taken sitting, standing and supine, and said everything looked perfect. I kept telling them that I believed the episodes were due to my adrenals pumping out adrenaline because of poor thyroid function, but was told that there is no connection between the thyroid and adrenals. I finally got my doctor to run more extensive thyroid tests and they came back positive for Hashimoto's. My doctor still refused to put me on thyroid because my TSH was in range (2.9) but I finally convinced her to and thankfully, my BP has stabilized and the syncope episodes have stopped. I've been hypo for years — it's why I developed severe osteoporosis and fractured my spine at such a young age — but it mostly went under the radar because I'm small, not overweight.
Oh my goodness! I’m sorry it took so long to get this sorted. But, it sounds like you finally have what can help you to start feeling better. Keep us posted on how you’re doing. So scary!

Awesome! It sounds like you've had quite a few improvements in the past 3 1/2 months, but I can understand frustration with the unsustained energy and digestive issues.

I didnt read these studies,and i dont know anything in particular about thyroiditis,but i want to show you these headlines
and wish to say that normal and high dietary salt intake increases the Th17 Lineage of immune cells rather potently.
Maybe reduction of table salt to 2g-3g from all sources can be helpful.But much of it isnt clear.

Increased circulating pro-inflammatory cytokines and Th17 lymphocytes in Hashimoto's thyroiditis

[URL='https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1521661613002593']Th17 cell plays a role in the pathogenesis of Hashimoto's thyroiditis in patients

[/URL]
Differentiation imbalance of Th1/Th17 in peripheral blood mononuclear cells might contribute to pathogenesis of Hashimoto's thyroiditis

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-abstract/95/2/953/2597688

lampofred

I think abundant energy is all about low serotonin. So keeping your gut happy is the key.

A raw egg a day (preceded by lots of sugar because it drops blood sugar massively) might be able to do it.

milkboi

I think abundant energy is all about low serotonin. So keeping your gut happy is the key.

A raw egg a day (preceded by lots of sugar because it drops blood sugar massively) might be able to do it.

A raw egg can give you abundant energy?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals