When dissolving aspirin

AncestralJoy

did you check the feed store? Got horses in New Zealand? Amazon product ASIN B004QH96NKView: https://www.amazon.com/ANIPRIN-EQ-ASPIRIN-16-OUNCES/dp/B004QH96NK
Read the label; don't get the apple flavor or you start whinnying.
Yes I thought about getting it and even with the $20 shipping it would be doable but they were sold out of the plain and only had molasses flavour.
Do you think it’s better to get proper aspirin powder than salicylic acid?

also how do you drink yours once you’ve dissolved it in boiling water?
As soon as my SA is cool enough to drink it’s reformed crystals... I’m not really that into sculling boiling water but it seems I would have to if I want it actually dissolved.

move swigged the powder before and it feels odd And a little prickly down the Throat but seems to digest ok with food. Seems a lot easier than the old hot water method

AncestralJoy

did you check the feed store? Got horses in New Zealand? Amazon product ASIN B004QH96NKView: https://www.amazon.com/ANIPRIN-EQ-ASPIRIN-16-OUNCES/dp/B004QH96NK
Read the label; don't get the apple flavor or you start whinnying.
That amazon link says the same “currently unavailable and not sure when it will be back in stock”

move seen someone on here who has a ray peat supplements shop (not Haidut, pure nature or something I think?) who sells the powder but if I were to use it regularly it’d be a bit of an expensive little habit once you add shipping to nz.

Also interesting that this aspirin is out of stock. One of the pharmacies here refunded my online order saying they are having supply issues and are out of stock of that aspirin as well.
Dang
Should be stashing the stuff if they’re clearing the shelves of aspirin

mostlylurking

Yes I thought about getting it and even with the $20 shipping it would be doable but they were sold out of the plain and only had molasses flavour.
Do you think it’s better to get proper aspirin powder than salicylic acid?

also how do you drink yours once you’ve dissolved it in boiling water?
As soon as my SA is cool enough to drink it’s reformed crystals... I’m not really that into sculling boiling water but it seems I would have to if I want it actually dissolved.

move swigged the powder before and it feels odd And a little prickly down the Throat but seems to digest ok with food. Seems a lot easier than the old hot water method
I put about 1 to 1.5 inches of water in a mug. I put a gram of the aspirin powder into the water. I slam it in the microwave and nuke it for 1 minute 45 seconds. I take it out, add about 6-7 ice cubes, fill the rest of the way with tap water. Then I just drink it down. The only time I've had crystals is when I was just nuking for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Check with your local feed store and ask them if they have pure aspirin powder before paying the $20 for shipping. There are several brands. Giving it to horses is very common.

Vileplume

I put about 1 to 1.5 inches of water in a mug. I put a gram of the aspirin powder into the water. I slam it in the microwave and nuke it for 1 minute 45 seconds. I take it out, add about 6-7 ice cubes, fill the rest of the way with tap water. Then I just drink it down. The only time I've had crystals is when I was just nuking for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Check with your local feed store and ask them if they have pure aspirin powder before paying the $20 for shipping. There are several brands. Giving it to horses is very common.
Do you notice that the aspirin affects your digestion differently when dissolved or not? I find that this brand of powder seems to leave me bloated.

On another note, baking soda at a 3:1 baking soda:aspirin ratio, added to warm water after the aspirin, shaken up, helps disssolve the aspirin even in warm water.

mostlylurking

Do you notice that the aspirin affects your digestion differently when dissolved or not? I find that this brand of powder seems to leave me bloated.

On another note, baking soda at a 3:1 baking soda:aspirin ratio, added to warm water after the aspirin, shaken up, helps disssolve the aspirin even in warm water.
I'm taking a gram of aspirin; adding three grams of baking soda to help it dissolve does not sound like something I would want to do. I've been using aspirin dissolved as I described for 6 years, many times 2-3 times/day. I have not noticed any bloating from it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and have joint pain that I should not ignore. I have not noticed any effect on my digestion, but I'm pretty sure 3 grams of baking soda would have a negative effect because it would negate stomach acid.

Inaut

I am currently using aspirin powder and have found that by mixing it with baking soda dry (in a glass) and then adding a little water, it dissolves quickly. I don’t use hot water at all

Vileplume

Do you notice that the aspirin affects your stomach/digestion differently if it doesn’t fully dissolve? I meant to respond to your most recent comment with this message, @mostlylurking

supercoolguy

Yeah, that's what I'm using. Only excipient is corn starch.
Me Too. I only take 1/2 a tab Once or Twice/day. Doubt that small amount of Corn Starch is enough to worry about.
I also have Bayer 100mg ASPIRINA from MX. Great dosage and No Excepients. Blister pack.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals