When Are Individual Aminos Worth It?

BigChad

L-tyrosine if your dopamine is low
would N acetyl tyrosine work as well as tyrosine for this purpose, or better or worse?

Taurine really kills my depression and anxiety. I have been taking it for a few months on a off for two years. It also REALLY helps me with liver glycogen management - it means I can go a few hours between eating. I've always had problems with that and it's just great. Please note, my husband tried taking taurine once (he had not been avoiding pufas, did not increase his intake of sugars, and started taking a higher dose of it) and immediately become very very very depressed. So, things work well for some people depending on their life, diet and other things.

whats the reasoning behind your husbands experience? how much taurine did he take? And why would taurine cause a negative reaction due to eating pufas/not eating enough sugar? So you have to avoid pufa/have high sugar before starting on taurine? I wonder if it was a sulfur intolerance and if he got a similar reaction from eating eggs?

DrJ

would N acetyl tyrosine work as well as tyrosine for this purpose, or better or worse?
I don't really know about that one. I should say that you shouldn't take tons of tyrosine as it can convert to adrenaline. Just a light dose like 1g/day is plenty.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals