"When A Turk's Bowels Move Less Than Three Times A Day, He Consults A Physician."

tara

Potatoes for me are actually beneficial AGAINST constipation.
Me too, usually. Potatoes, vegetables and a bit of meat (not necessarily much), and including at least a little fat all together seem to stimulate my digestion, and I think help keep things moving along.
Though if I'm already unwell or clogged up the meat won't help.
tara, if you're reading this, it's easy to spot my posts: 30 thats for each paragraph.
I hadn't noticed all those thats, but you might be unique in your frequent use of the of the. :)

InChristAlone

Sounds like a clear contradiction to me! :pileofpoop:

and I do have to concur about animal protein, it is perhaps the most easily digestible food which exists. Second only to milkshakes!
Yeah seriously! Trying to keep this forum at least somewhat Peaty. I mean he is a big advocate for animal protein (not necessarily lots of steak, but nothing wrong with eggs, gelatinous roasts, seafood, milk, and cheese).

sladerunner69

Yeah seriously! Trying to keep this forum at least somewhat Peaty. I mean he is a big advocate for animal protein (not necessarily lots of steak, but nothing wrong with eggs, gelatinous roasts, seafood, milk, and cheese).

I consider the occasional steak a perfectly acceptable treat. I just try and heave it with glycine and coffee. There are just a couple things as delicious to me as a medium rare sirloin cooked on the bbq with just the right amount of seasoning (fully coated in a bucket of sea salt).

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Don't mind them, they're actually getting paid to say that.

Pasteurized A and one-dominated cow casein that hasn't been predigested through fermentation is one of the toughest proteins out there that are regularly consumed by most people, extremely problematic. It's no wonder there are so many stories from those who improved after switching to other sources. You have to be very generous to neglect everything that has been published on the subject.

But this is not about avoidance of protein altogether; only temporarily when ***t hits the fan and it feels right doing so. But to go by feel, you can't have a notion that backing off for a while will only contribute to weakness, it's a mindset that makes people insist on something and not consider alternatives that could possibly be of benefit.

A break sometimes is needed to set things on the right path again. There are stories of people who had intolerances, took a break, then reintroduced the foods without problem. If you read the reports on toxicity from supplements, it usually involves people not not paying attention to reactions and retreating when needed.

Deprivation often leads to more deprivation and most of the problems associated with impaired metabolism of proteins are caused by an overall degenerated state, so the benefit felt on a temporary restriction can encourage the avoidance for longer than necessary and lead to more problems owa time. But when the person reaches a state in which the situation is out of control, pounding more protein will only tax the SySt3m. This is why therapeutic diets usually exclude animal proteids for a while.

When carnivores or omnivores have any sort of indigestion, they don't eat more meat, they take a break and seek vegetation, not just vvild of the animals, but also domesticated ones out of instinct. Only when the problem subsides that appetite for meat resurges.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Dairy allergies are usually a result of a greater problem, but there are various degrees in which different proteids are prone to cause trouble. The study below is suspicious but if someone's experiencing allergic reactions to dairy, it's worth trying camels of the milks if others were without success.

Camel Milk Is a Safer Choice than Goat Milk for Feeding Children with Cow Milk Allergy

"In infants and young children, CMA [cow milk allergy] is the most common food allergic disease [1]. Total elimination of cow milk protein from child diet and providing a suitable, nutritional, substitute supply for feeding are the only current strategies [2,3]. Extensively hydrolyzed and soy-based formulas are the most commonly used substitutes of cow milk protein in children with CMA [4,5]. Although their nutritional value is high, their high cost and poor palatability by some children limit the use of extensively hydrolyzed formulas. For these reasons, there has been continuous search for other nonbovine, mammalian milks as a replacement of cow milk. These trials included milk of sheep, goat, **** or donkey, mare, and buffalo [6–9]. Unfortunately, it has been demonstrated, by several studies, that children with CMA develop allergy to the milk proteins of these mammalian milks due to some similarity between the proteins of these mammalian milks and that of the cow milk [10]."

"In this clinical pilot study in children with CMA, since these results are based on SPT, cross-sensitization between camel milk and cow milk (7 children, 20%) is lower than that between goat milk and cow milk (24 children, 63.2%). In addition, there is cross-sensitization between camel milk and goat milk (6 children, 15.8%). This is most likely to be due to lower molecular similarity between camel milk and cow milk than that between goat milk and cow milk [10]. In addition, milk of camels and dromedaries do not contain Bos d 5, a whey protein abundant in cow milk [3]. Therefore children allergic to beta-lactoglobulin are safer to consume camel’s milk [3]."

"Goat milk seems to cross-react not only with cow milk proteins, but also with that of other mammalian milks such as sheep [19–21]. In this aspect, goat milk seems to be as allergic as cow milk [5]. The current study confirms that camel milk is an alternative to goat milk and cow milk."

"Structurally, the degree of milk protein similarity between camel milk and that of cow milk is low (60%) compared with that between goat milk and cow milk (87.6%) [10]."​

There vvas a mom that went as far as importing such milk for her child:
Patient Report: Autism Spectrum Disorder Treated With Camel Milk

Camel milk: An alternative for cow's milk allergy in children (same authors as the first link)

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Don't mind them, they're actually getting paid to say that.

Pasteurized A and one-dominated cow casein that hasn't been predigested through fermentation is one of the toughest proteins out there that are regularly consumed by most people, extremely problematic. It's no wonder there are so many stories from those who improved after switching to other sources. You have to be very generous to neglect everything that has been published on the subject.

But this is not about avoidance of protein altogether; only temporarily when ***t hits the fan and it feels right doing so. But to go by feel, you can't have a notion that backing off for a while will only contribute to weakness, it's a mindset that makes people insist on something and not consider alternatives that could possibly be of benefit.

A break sometimes is needed to set things on the right path again. There are stories of people who had intolerances, took a break, then reintroduced the foods without problem. If you read the reports on toxicity from supplements, it usually involves people not not paying attention to reactions and retreating when needed.

Deprivation often leads to more deprivation and most of the problems associated with impaired metabolism of proteins are caused by an overall degenerated state, so the benefit felt on a temporary restriction can encourage the avoidance for longer than necessary and lead to more problems owa time. But when the person reaches a state in which the situation is out of control, pounding more protein will only tax the SySt3m. This is why therapeutic diets usually exclude animal proteids for a while.

When carnivores or omnivores have any sort of indigestion, they don't eat more meat, they take a break and seek vegetation, not just vvild of the animals, but also domesticated ones out of instinct. Only when the problem subsides that appetite for meat resurges.
I had a dog who stole a whole bag of raw drumsticks I had thawing on the counter, he ate the whole damn bag. The next morning he did eat some of his dry food but then quickly got the runs. He ate some grass outside by the end of the day when it was still going. But the next day he gladly ate boiled chicken and rice. So I think avoidance doesn't last very long at all.

I do better not drinking liquid milk. But that's it. I need all other forms of animal proteins to get enough. I just started eating eggs again after about 1.5 yrs of avoidance. (I was eating Haagen Dazs which has the yolk) In the past eggs seemed very insulinogenic, but doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. I think it's the cause of a lot of issues with eggs. Being too insulin sensitive means not being able to tolerate very high quality protein. I am less sensitive now as evidenced by some midsection fat gain. Don't want to become diabetic, but maybe people go vegan because they are too thin and struggle to keep their blood sugar above 100 following a meal. So gorging on fruit all day long seems to be the best diet for them. I mean it was definitely attracive to me to just dine on carbs because then I didn't get the rollercoaster. But I knew that's not a balanced diet. And only compensation from my extreme reaction to normal foods. Balance yo blood sugar!

TLDR sensitivity to proteins could be a sign of blood sugar issues.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

michael94

Dairy allergies are usually a result of a greater problem, but there are various degrees in which different proteids are prone to cause trouble. The study below is suspicious but if someone's experiencing allergic reactions to dairy, it's worth trying camels of the milks if others were without success.

Camel Milk Is a Safer Choice than Goat Milk for Feeding Children with Cow Milk Allergy

"In infants and young children, CMA [cow milk allergy] is the most common food allergic disease [1]. Total elimination of cow milk protein from child diet and providing a suitable, nutritional, substitute supply for feeding are the only current strategies [2,3]. Extensively hydrolyzed and soy-based formulas are the most commonly used substitutes of cow milk protein in children with CMA [4,5]. Although their nutritional value is high, their high cost and poor palatability by some children limit the use of extensively hydrolyzed formulas. For these reasons, there has been continuous search for other nonbovine, mammalian milks as a replacement of cow milk. These trials included milk of sheep, goat, **** or donkey, mare, and buffalo [6–9]. Unfortunately, it has been demonstrated, by several studies, that children with CMA develop allergy to the milk proteins of these mammalian milks due to some similarity between the proteins of these mammalian milks and that of the cow milk [10]."

"In this clinical pilot study in children with CMA, since these results are based on SPT, cross-sensitization between camel milk and cow milk (7 children, 20%) is lower than that between goat milk and cow milk (24 children, 63.2%). In addition, there is cross-sensitization between camel milk and goat milk (6 children, 15.8%). This is most likely to be due to lower molecular similarity between camel milk and cow milk than that between goat milk and cow milk [10]. In addition, milk of camels and dromedaries do not contain Bos d 5, a whey protein abundant in cow milk [3]. Therefore children allergic to beta-lactoglobulin are safer to consume camel’s milk [3]."

"Goat milk seems to cross-react not only with cow milk proteins, but also with that of other mammalian milks such as sheep [19–21]. In this aspect, goat milk seems to be as allergic as cow milk [5]. The current study confirms that camel milk is an alternative to goat milk and cow milk."

"Structurally, the degree of milk protein similarity between camel milk and that of cow milk is low (60%) compared with that between goat milk and cow milk (87.6%) [10]."​

There vvas a mom that went as far as importing such milk for her child:
Patient Report: Autism Spectrum Disorder Treated With Camel Milk

Camel milk: An alternative for cow's milk allergy in children (same authors as the first link)
Theres powdered or frozen raw camel milk. Very expensive. One can store a lot of wealth in powdered camel milk.

lvysaur

the company I was thinking about is called desert farms

they also have "hump fat", I wonder what thats like.

My initial suspicion would be that it's higher PUFA than the rest of the camel.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Interesting, I just searched for a 'turk ray peat'.
But more interesting than that, is the following effect of pine and apfel:

- Effects of fresh juices of Ananas comosus (Pineapfel) and Carica papaya (Paw Paw) on gastro intestinal motility

"The dose dependent increase in both Amplitude and number of rhythmic contractions produced by Acetylcholine on the Rabbit jejunum is typical of both endogenous and exogenous Acetylcholine and other parasympathomimetic agents (Guyton and Hall, 2002; Sembulingam and Prema, 2009). This result obtained corroborates with existing literature which reports that the increase in Amplitude and number of contractions observed at the administration of Acetylcholine on the isolated rabbit jejunum is due to the binding of the drug molecules to the numerous muscarinic receptors present in the smooth muscles of the jejunum (Rang et al., 2007). Noradrenalin on the other hand reduced the Amplitude and number of rhythmic contractions. This was due to the binding of the drug molecules to the adrenergic receptors in the smooth muscles of the isolated jejunum (Katzung, 1995). Fresh juice of Ananas comosus increased motility in the isolated tissue. This is evidenced by the increased Amplitude of rhythmic contractions."

"The effect of A. comosus juice was similar to that of Acetylcholine and suggests that Ananas comosus juice may contain active principles capable of triggering the release of endogenous Acetylcholine , disrupting the activation of calcium ion channels (Jorg et al, 2006) and inhibiting the activity of endogenous myosin phosphatase, a chain of mechanisms which mediate increase in peristaltic contractions of the intestines (Ohama et al., 2007; Fei, et al., 2012; Jan and Wim, 2009). This is because activation of smooth muscle L – type calcium channel may mediate gastrointestinal and autonomic dysfunction in intestines leading to disruption of motility (Jackson, et al., 2004; Moukarzel and Sabri, 1985). It is also on record that Ananas comosus juice contains bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme which has been implicated in both uterine and intestinal contractions (Ikeyi et al., 2013). This activity of A. comosus juice is the bane of its use in promoting digestion and bowel movement. No wonder Frank, (2014), prescribed that the juice should be taken to treat gastroparesis, a condition characterized by delayed stomach bowel movement and constipation."

"Conclusively, results obtained from this work agrees with popular belief on the use of A. comosus (pineapple) juice as an agent which aids digestion and promote bowel movement[.]"​

- Fruit bromelain ameliorates rat constipation induced by loperamide

"In the present study, the effects of purified fruit bromelain on constipation were investigated in vivo and ex vivo. Our results indicated that bromelain significantly alleviated the loperamide-induced constipation symptoms by releasing endogenous ACh and phosphorylating Ca2+-dependent myosin.

The anti-inflammatory effects of bromelain seem to be related to the protease activity. However, other effects such as inhibition of cell growth and metastasis are associated with other nonproteinolytic activity.23 According to the results in this study, we assumed that the proteolytic activity of the bromelain may be not the main mechanism underlying bromelain induced stimulation on gastrointestinal motility. Loperamide is a commonly used as antidiarrheal agent, and loperamide is used as an agent to set constipation model by inhibiting the intestinal smooth muscle contraction and reducing bowel movements.24 The smooth muscle contraction related mechanisms were mainly studied to uncover the mechanisms underlying bromelain induced stimulation on gut motility. The activation of muscarinic receptors or histamine H1 receptor may be mediated by the increase in gastrointestinal motility.25 In this study, bromelain-induced intestinal contraction was not affected by histamine H1 receptor blocker diphenhydramine, suggesting that histamine H1 receptor was not involved in the bromelain-induced stimulation of intestinal contraction. The bromelain-induced stimulatory effects were blocked by atropine and hemicholinium-3. Considering that bromelain-induced contraction was significantly weaker than ACh-induced contraction and the core structures of bromelain and ACh are different, the stimulatory effect of bromelain on jejunal contractility may be correlated with the stimulation of the release of endogenous ACh. Ca2+ is a major signaling and regulatory molecule in interstitial cells of Cajal and smooth muscle cells.26,27 Electrical excitability in smooth muscle is associated with a robust increase in [Ca2+]i.28 In this study, [Ca2+]i was significantly increased by bromelain treatment, and the increased [Ca2+]i was accompanied by smooth muscle contraction. We hypothesize that the increase in [Ca2+]i by bromelain involves at least two mechanisms: 1 bromelain induces the release of endogenous ACh and then promotes the increase in [Ca2+]i, and bromelain directly promotes the increase in [Ca2+]i, however, these hypotheses need to be confirmed by future studies.

The targeted deletion of MLCK in gastrointestinal smooth muscle resulted in severe gastrointestinal dysmotility, characterized by weak peristalsis and dilation of the digestive tract, suggesting that MLCK is central to smooth muscle contraction and is required for gastrointestinal motility.29 In the present study, the expression of p-MLC20 and MLCK was significantly increased by bromelain treatment. These results suggest that abnormal gastrointestinal hypomotility in constipated rats is closely related to the decrease in p-MLC20, which leads to relaxation of the gastrointestinal tract, and bromelain restores gastrointestinal motility in constipated rats by increasing p-MLC20 via upregulation of the MLCK expression.

It is known that pineapple juice is beneficial for alleviating routine constipation, including infrequent or difficult-to-pass stools. Carbohydrates, organic acids, fatty acids, and some types of salt are also present in pineapple fruit. However, the most well-known constituent with potent pharmacological effects is bromelain.30 Compared with crude bromelain, the purified bromelain exerted stronger stimulatory effects on gastrointestinal motility at the same dose/concentration. This study suggests that the ameliorative effect of pineapple fruit on constipation is partly dependent on fruit bromelain. Natural bioactive constituents may be used in drug discovery because of the low toxicity of these constituents.31,32 The results of the present study provide new insights into constipation therapy by bromelain."​

..and it happens to be a τπαγσ-approved fruit.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

@Amazoniac What do you think about the Ray Peat quote that suggests some people might produce serotonin in susceptible people? Have you not found this yourself?
May be bad pineapples, it's not so easy to find good ones. Not sure if you missed this, but I won't be able to post it every time the meme appears, otherwise Wagner can incriminate me.

The only negative effect that I've experienced was tongue bleeding when they weren't good but I insisted. I guess it's the foods that don't agree with you that people should be concerned the most.

Travis

Interesting, I just searched for a 'turk ray peat'.
But more interesting than that, is the following effect of pine and apfel:

- Effects of fresh juices of Ananas comosus (Pineapfel) and Carica papaya (Paw Paw) on gastro intestinal motility

"The dose dependent increase in both Amplitude and number of rhythmic contractions produced by Acetylcholine on the Rabbit jejunum is typical of both endogenous and exogenous Acetylcholine and other parasympathomimetic agents (Guyton and Hall, 2002; Sembulingam and Prema, 2009). This result obtained corroborates with existing literature which reports that the increase in Amplitude and number of contractions observed at the administration of Acetylcholine on the isolated rabbit jejunum is due to the binding of the drug molecules to the numerous muscarinic receptors present in the smooth muscles of the jejunum (Rang et al., 2007). Noradrenalin on the other hand reduced the Amplitude and number of rhythmic contractions. This was due to the binding of the drug molecules to the adrenergic receptors in the smooth muscles of the isolated jejunum (Katzung, 1995). Fresh juice of Ananas comosus increased motility in the isolated tissue. This is evidenced by the increased Amplitude of rhythmic contractions."

"The effect of A. comosus juice was similar to that of Acetylcholine and suggests that Ananas comosus juice may contain active principles capable of triggering the release of endogenous Acetylcholine , disrupting the activation of calcium ion channels (Jorg et al, 2006) and inhibiting the activity of endogenous myosin phosphatase, a chain of mechanisms which mediate increase in peristaltic contractions of the intestines (Ohama et al., 2007; Fei, et al., 2012; Jan and Wim, 2009). This is because activation of smooth muscle L – type calcium channel may mediate gastrointestinal and autonomic dysfunction in intestines leading to disruption of motility (Jackson, et al., 2004; Moukarzel and Sabri, 1985). It is also on record that Ananas comosus juice contains bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme which has been implicated in both uterine and intestinal contractions (Ikeyi et al., 2013). This activity of A. comosus juice is the bane of its use in promoting digestion and bowel movement. No wonder Frank, (2014), prescribed that the juice should be taken to treat gastroparesis, a condition characterized by delayed stomach bowel movement and constipation."

"Conclusively, results obtained from this work agrees with popular belief on the use of A. comosus (pineapple) juice as an agent which aids digestion and promote bowel movement[.]"​

- Fruit bromelain ameliorates rat constipation induced by loperamide

"In the present study, the effects of purified fruit bromelain on constipation were investigated in vivo and ex vivo. Our results indicated that bromelain significantly alleviated the loperamide-induced constipation symptoms by releasing endogenous ACh and phosphorylating Ca2+-dependent myosin.

The anti-inflammatory effects of bromelain seem to be related to the protease activity. However, other effects such as inhibition of cell growth and metastasis are associated with other nonproteinolytic activity.23 According to the results in this study, we assumed that the proteolytic activity of the bromelain may be not the main mechanism underlying bromelain induced stimulation on gastrointestinal motility. Loperamide is a commonly used as antidiarrheal agent, and loperamide is used as an agent to set constipation model by inhibiting the intestinal smooth muscle contraction and reducing bowel movements.24 The smooth muscle contraction related mechanisms were mainly studied to uncover the mechanisms underlying bromelain induced stimulation on gut motility. The activation of muscarinic receptors or histamine H1 receptor may be mediated by the increase in gastrointestinal motility.25 In this study, bromelain-induced intestinal contraction was not affected by histamine H1 receptor blocker diphenhydramine, suggesting that histamine H1 receptor was not involved in the bromelain-induced stimulation of intestinal contraction. The bromelain-induced stimulatory effects were blocked by atropine and hemicholinium-3. Considering that bromelain-induced contraction was significantly weaker than ACh-induced contraction and the core structures of bromelain and ACh are different, the stimulatory effect of bromelain on jejunal contractility may be correlated with the stimulation of the release of endogenous ACh. Ca2+ is a major signaling and regulatory molecule in interstitial cells of Cajal and smooth muscle cells.26,27 Electrical excitability in smooth muscle is associated with a robust increase in [Ca2+]i.28 In this study, [Ca2+]i was significantly increased by bromelain treatment, and the increased [Ca2+]i was accompanied by smooth muscle contraction. We hypothesize that the increase in [Ca2+]i by bromelain involves at least two mechanisms: 1 bromelain induces the release of endogenous ACh and then promotes the increase in [Ca2+]i, and bromelain directly promotes the increase in [Ca2+]i, however, these hypotheses need to be confirmed by future studies.

The targeted deletion of MLCK in gastrointestinal smooth muscle resulted in severe gastrointestinal dysmotility, characterized by weak peristalsis and dilation of the digestive tract, suggesting that MLCK is central to smooth muscle contraction and is required for gastrointestinal motility.29 In the present study, the expression of p-MLC20 and MLCK was significantly increased by bromelain treatment. These results suggest that abnormal gastrointestinal hypomotility in constipated rats is closely related to the decrease in p-MLC20, which leads to relaxation of the gastrointestinal tract, and bromelain restores gastrointestinal motility in constipated rats by increasing p-MLC20 via upregulation of the MLCK expression.

It is known that pineapple juice is beneficial for alleviating routine constipation, including infrequent or difficult-to-pass stools. Carbohydrates, organic acids, fatty acids, and some types of salt are also present in pineapple fruit. However, the most well-known constituent with potent pharmacological effects is bromelain.30 Compared with crude bromelain, the purified bromelain exerted stronger stimulatory effects on gastrointestinal motility at the same dose/concentration. This study suggests that the ameliorative effect of pineapple fruit on constipation is partly dependent on fruit bromelain. Natural bioactive constituents may be used in drug discovery because of the low toxicity of these constituents.31,32 The results of the present study provide new insights into constipation therapy by bromelain."​

..and it happens to be a τπαγσ-approved fruit.

Suppose bromelain is, in the instance, simply proteolyzing extracellular opiate peptides—either endogenous or exogenous—thereby abrogating μ-opioid activity shown to decrease intestinal mobility?