"When A Turk's Bowels Move Less Than Three Times A Day, He Consults A Physician."

Here's one example:
Effect of cruciferous vegetable consumption on heterocyclic aromatic amine metabolism in man | Carcinogenesis | Oxford Academic
There are herbs, tea, etc.

I wonder if a biologist that focuses on animals can be considered a zoophile.

There are reports on the forum of people overdoing it. But it's just a matter of backing off when the good effects start to stabilize. If you notice that you went too far, you can compensate to a certain degree with magnesium chloride.

Choline, manganese, pantothenic acid and creatine work together. Not much is needed.
Glycine is involved as well. Is your broth a thick dense block? Because it can contain much less than we think it has.

Problems in the gut tend to have a dysfunctional immunity component. Vit D deficiency is probably the most common cause (it's related to dry eyes, and so dry mucus in general; also vitamins A and E).
The challenging aspect is allowing what we need and blocking what we don't. This takes a great deal of discrimination and it's expensive because there needs to be constant alert. When the body is weakened, due to some stressful event for example, it can start the avalanche of bad things. This causes the body to sacrifice the parts that needs less discrimination and put all effort on parts that are being challenged. It usually ends up with decreased brain function, skin and hair problems, and a hyper of the sensitives gut.

Sometimes the fix is simple. Rayzord talked about a vacation or something like that: rest, hotel food buffet (intuitive eating), vit of the D, being spoiled by enslaved employees, relaxed schedule, leisure, romance, bromance, etc.

Short bursts of breathless exercises can be helpful as well. It's a very mild stressor that signals adaptation for improved efficiency. Kids do them often.

Like we commented, there's the option to eat greens cooked and flavored with safe fats and spices, prepared in an enjoyable way; those will prevent them from becoming too accessible for bacteria and the good taste means everything is just right. The other option is to go the savage Travisord way, and eat them raw. Another option is to eat them in the form of soups, blended purées.
Various fibers can be combined to prevent specialization, people do it often when preparing salads.

Some oranges taste like a bag of water. Producers ignore the fact that oranges have to be.. orange.
I'm mentioning this because it isn't too difficult to become deficient in folate. Most people aren't because of fortification, but on a natural diet that lacks enough leafy greens, fruits or beans, it's quite possible.

Yeah, you are right about low vitamin D. last time i checked it, it was 30. vitamin D has always been a problem for me. always. i take in internally, it causes congestion in my body, i take it externally on my skin, it doesn't get absorbed. since i got the test, ive been taking 8k a day internally just a drop on my tongue so it will probably help increase it. i think it should jump back up to 50. the gleatin is enough to turn into jello basically in the fridge so it is a decent amount probably?

it's funny, the first time i took D recently, it made me have a bowel movement right away after taking it. But I havent been able to reproduce it since then.

I thought it was the problem actually. I thought, yeah the low vit D would cause PTH to go up, and cause glycosis, and that is why I gained weight from vitamin D being too low.

Maybe it is vitamin D. Maybe if my vitamin D is good, and then utilizing thyroid, it would all work?

where do you think this vitamin D plays a role with what you are saying with protein causing issues with people who have constipation all ready?

You have to remember Kellogg was a seventh-day Adventist, he had a lot of dogma strung throughout his work.

Here is a satire piece about his views on sex..

"Bland and tasteless foods are the perfect antidote to carnal urges. We recommend Graham crackers and corn flakes at every meal."

"The key to a good and healthy life is sexual abstinence and a clean bowel"

He thought masturbation was self-abuse and was a big advocate for circumcision. Even going so far as to suture the penis so that it would be painful to be erect. He also recommended acid on the clitoris. His bland diet would decrease excitability.

I do tend to agree the bowels are a big source of toxicity but I am not in much agrreance that animal protein is the major cause. If digestion is good, meat is broken down very well in the stomach and fully absorbed.

From what I gathered, it was toxic if you were all ready in a constipated state

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

You have to remember Kellogg was a seventh-day Adventist, he had a lot of dogma strung throughout his work.

Here is a satire piece about his views on sex..

"Bland and tasteless foods are the perfect antidote to carnal urges. We recommend Graham crackers and corn flakes at every meal."

"The key to a good and healthy life is sexual abstinence and a clean bowel"

He thought masturbation was self-abuse and was a big advocate for circumcision. Even going so far as to suture the penis so that it would be painful to be erect. He also recommended acid on the clitoris. His bland diet would decrease excitability.

I do tend to agree the bowels are a big source of toxicity but I am not in much agrreance that animal protein is the major cause. If digestion is good, meat is broken down very well in the stomach and fully absorbed.

First off, let me start by saying that I'm not intimidated by your beauty and that I would respect you even if you were not flawless.

That's almost an eminem criticism and little to do with his ideas outlined throughout the book. Westside has some words on it.
Check this out:
"Metchnikoff placed the whole world under obligation to him for all time in his discovery that the flora of the human intestine needs changing. He pointed out one means of accomplishing this life and health-saving change. He succumbed prematurely himself, perhaps because he failed to recognize the most efficient, obvious and practical of all means of combating intestinal putrefaction, namely, intestinal activity."
Some protein always escapes digestion, it's the vigorous activity that prevents its decay.
If you don't think there is value in minimizing meats for therapeutic purposes, you're also disagreeing with the work of Koch and Gerson.
Yeah, you are right about low vitamin D. last time i checked it, it was 30. vitamin D has always been a problem for me. always. i take in internally, it causes congestion in my body, i take it externally on my skin, it doesn't get absorbed. since i got the test, ive been taking 8k a day internally just a drop on my tongue so it will probably help increase it. i think it should jump back up to 50. the gleatin is enough to turn into jello basically in the fridge so it is a decent amount probably?

it's funny, the first time i took D recently, it made me have a bowel movement right away after taking it. But I havent been able to reproduce it since then.

I thought it was the problem actually. I thought, yeah the low vit D would cause PTH to go up, and cause glycosis, and that is why I gained weight from vitamin D being too low.

Maybe it is vitamin D. Maybe if my vitamin D is good, and then utilizing thyroid, it would all work?

where do you think this vitamin D plays a role with what you are saying with protein causing issues with people who have constipation all ready?

Have you ever tried an UVb lamp?
Here are some precautions for those on superdosages, but might be useful when the person is sensitive/sensitized as well.
All of the inflammations that you get with low thyroid function are structurally and functionally similar to those you get from a vitamin D deficiency. And the thyroid stimulating hormone is an agent of those inflammatory processes, actually more than the direct effect of thyroxin which lowers TSH. The TSH directly activates and causes tissue to release the inflammatory cytokines, interleukins and so on, and parathyroid hormone does that. And just by taking vitamin D or increasing your calcium intake or decreasing your phosphate relative to the calcium: all of these cases in your diet will lower both TSH and parathyroid hormone. And both of these hormones are directly involved in things such as mast cell activation, releasing histamine and serotonin, increasing all of the cytokines, tumor necrosis factor, nitric oxide: all of the things that promote degenerative inflammatory processes. And so functionally vitamin D and thyroid are really parallel. You can't quite separate them.

Last edited:

raypeatclips

First off, let me start by saying that I'm not intimidated by your beauty and that I would respect you even if you were not flawless.

That's almost an eminem criticism and little to do with his ideas outlined throughout the book. Westside has some words on it.
Check this out:

Some protein always escapes digestion, it's the vigorous activity that prevents its decay.
If you don't think there is value in minimizing meats for therapeutic purposes, you're also disagreeing with the work of Koch and Gerson.

Here are some precautions for those on superdosages, but might be useful when the person is sensitive/sensitized as well.

I recently purchased a uvb lamp, have you had much benefit from it? I've been holding it and moving it around my body for a short period of time, I'm not sure if it's having an effect or if I'm doing it for too short of a duration.

InChristAlone

Check this out:

Not sure if that was a compliment but I'll take it! :kiss:
I do think it has therapeutic value but gurus such as yourself should be mindful not to become orthorexic.

Many people who made it to near 100 with meat in their diet. My Grandpa at 95 still gets around unassisted. And loves his meat and potatoes.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I recently purchased a uvb lamp, have you had much benefit from it? I've been holding it and moving it around my body for a short period of time, I'm not sure if it's having an effect or if I'm doing it for too short of a duration.
I never used one. I'm suggesting because Ray uses it and given how much more convenient and safer a supplement would be, I figured there must be a good reason behind it. I suspect it's related to the difficulty in getting the nutrient interactions and dosages right from supplements.
Not sure if that was a compliment but I'll take it! :kiss:
I do think it has therapeutic value but gurus such as yourself should be mindful not to become orthorexic.

Many people who made it to near 100 with meat in their diet. My Grandpa at 95 still gets around unassisted. And loves his meat and potatoes.
It was.
I try to be open of the minded.
The last consideration was the same one I had when I was thinking with Travisord about supercentenarians. A lot of them include meats in their diets, just not too much.

Last edited:

Vinero

I didn't read the whole thing because it's way too long and I have difficulty understanding it since it's really weird english.
Can someone please give the main points?
-Never drink milk and meat together?
-Drink milk slowly in sips away from other foods?
-

Check this out:

Yeah, I use one everyday, for only around you know, 10 or 20 seconds. What do you think is the root cause of constipation, literally? Vitamin D with low thyroid? Thus magnesium can't work? OR this protein issue thing? I didn't realize vitamin D had a large impact on it, maybe from the magnesium avenue? I forgot about vitamin D's importance.

On Aug 8, 2017 6:11 PM, "Ray Peat" wrote:
Yes, they interact closely.

> On Aug 8, 2017, at 11:37 AM,
>
> Does vitamin d work with magnesium?

The first time I used it, it had a strong effect. If you use it when you first wake up and feel groggy, it instantly lifts your mood and makes you feel awake really fast.

B-styles

This basically says that animal proteins are bad and putrify or is that in the absence of proper acid in the gut?

Yes even with sufficient acid the possibility is still there. Our intestinal tracts are designed for mostly plants

InChristAlone

I never used one. I'm suggesting because Ray uses it and given how much more convenient and safer a supplement would be, I figured there must be a good reason behind it. I suspect it's related to the difficulty in getting the nutrient interactions and dosages right from supplements.

It was.
I try to be open of the minded.
The last consideration was the same one I had when I was thinking with Travisord about supercentenarians. A lot of them include meats in their diets, just not too much.
Thanks! :happy:
Yep not too much
Yes even with sufficient acid the possibility is still there. Our intestinal tracts are designed for mostly plants
I'd like to see the evidence for meat rotting even in the presence of sufficient acid and pancreatic pepsin. There is an article where a guy has a messed up digestive system and so his stomach contents empty into a bag and he said he never saw pieces of steak come out of the stomach, he did see full chunks of vegetables. Obviously plant matter is digested much further down by bacteria. Question is do we really want that? Some people have dysbiosis so bad even plants give them symptoms.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Kellogg isn't just a crazy guy, he has some more interesting ideas:
Principles Of Human Physiology (1920)
@raypeatoftheclips - This book has a section about combining UV lamp with red light if I remember it right. Maybe you become the filling of a lamp sandwich: one UV and other red, while turning from time to time for protection.​

Both of these might have some more details about its use.

I think constipation comes down to redox imbalance. That's why experimenting with things suchs as bicarbonates and chlorides can make a sudden shift and offer relief without being a definite solution. The burden of any stress can deplete defenses and affect glutathione. Cheese is effective in depleting it: by demanding way more glycine than what it's capable of providing synthesis, but also by missing nutrients or even cysteine from whey.

Adequate intake/synthesis of glycine is needed for proper metabolism of amino acids. It can leave the person in a state of deficiency despite the excessive protein intake. After that, there's the whole cascade of vit C not being recycled efficiently, then vit E gets compromised as a consequence leading to vulnerability to the fragile fats (linoleic acid disappearing on the skin of inflammed people), using up minerals such as selenium, zinc, magnesium at a fast pace; this in turn adds to the inadequate protein metabolism and leaves the angelord with the common pattern of less total body iron but with its accumulation in organs such as liver and spleen. Leading to a generalized stress in the body.

Then the body gets weaker and a lot of alkaline minerals start to be lost to regulate the blood and calcium is released in excess for assistance. With vitamin E, zinc, magnesium and others compromised, vitamin A can't be used properly. And then disturbed vit D metabolism appears and proneness to hypercalcemia. Maybe magnesium is lost to prevent its activation: it forces calcium deposition but the body might need for regulation. The fat-solubles regulate various aspects.

I don't think vit D is the cause of constipation, in some cases it even tends to induce it (especially supplements). What it does is normalize a lot of processes in the body, which after some time help to not deplete the person with inflammation, deranged immunity, poor nutrient metabolism, and so on.

Vit of the letter D deficiency signals hibernating metabolism, therefore some desired insulin resistance is expected. Skimmed milk is too stimulating and often gives people problems. For hibernation, if the person becomes less active in general, a lot of these problems are minimized. But gurus don't slow down, and it's difficult to keep up, so inflammation starts to appear.

Effects of dietary vitamin D on magnesium absorption and bone mineral contents in pigs on normal magnesium intakes. - PubMed - NCBI
But there's a more direct effect of magnesium on vit D than the opposite as far as I know.

I think dairy in general but especially milk doesn't help any when the person is dealing with skin issues or hair of the loss.
Throughout the book the guy commented how the infant consumes milk and nothing else, preventing problems of a mixed diet; a little milk can be worse than none if the metabolism isn't sharp. The main problems with milk that I can remember are related to its disproportionate amount of calcium, which can be too stimulating for a depleted person; and the possible immunogenic proteins, dairy and wheat are often lumped together because they can trigger similar reactions, making any inflammation already present worse. It's interesting the observation that stagnated casein (such as undigested + constipation) are only partially broken down and this sends an inflammatory signal that affects junctions, so it can support an inflammatory state that reflects on skin and hair.
fiber is basically how the average hypothyroid person manages to not be constipated
:handok:
I can only add that it's preferable to have some fibers around than to deal with the constipations.

Last edited:

Wagner83

I think dairy in general but especially milk doesn't help any when the person is dealing with skin issues or hair of the loss.
The problem is we come to a conclusion where almost anything is problematic and only proteins from potatoes may not be (although a lot people would beg to differ). Ray has said than in someone with deranged metabolism anything can become a problem, which is why he advises the use of thyroid and protective substances; he also talked about the issues seen with protein deficiency and I think a lot of people notice when they eat too little proteins. So what can we eat for proteins besides potatoes? DuggaDugga healed himself with a high fruit diet I think. Jennifer too.

Last edited:

raypeatclips

Kellogg isn't just a crazy guy, he has some more interesting ideas:
@raypeatoftheclips - This book has a section about combining UV lamp with red light if I remember it right. Maybe you become the filling of a lamp sandwich: one UV and other red, while turning from time to time for protection.​

Both of these might have some more details about its use.

I think constipation comes down to redox imbalance. That's why experimenting with things suchs as bicarbonates and chlorides can make a sudden shift and offer relief without being a definite solution. The burden of any stress can deplete defenses and affect glutathione. Cheese is effective in depleting it: by demanding way more glycine than what it's capable of providing synthesis, but also by missing nutrients or even cysteine from whey.

Adequate intake/synthesis of glycine is needed for proper metabolism of amino acids. It can leave the person in a state of deficiency despite the excessive protein intake. After that, there's the whole cascade of vit C not being recycled efficiently, then vit E gets compromised as a consequence leading to vulnerability to the fragile fats (linoleic acid disappearing on the skin of inflammed people), using up minerals such as selenium, zinc, magnesium at a fast pace; this in turn adds to the inadequate protein metabolism and leaves the angelord with the common pattern of less total body iron but with its accumulation in organs such as liver and spleen. Leading to a generalized stress in the body.

Then the body gets weaker and a lot of alkaline minerals start to be lost to regulate the blood and calcium is released in excess for assistance. With vitamin E, zinc, magnesium and others compromised, vitamin A can't be used properly. And then disturbed vit D metabolism appears and proneness to hypercalcemia. Maybe magnesium is lost to prevent its activation: it forces calcium deposition but the body might need for regulation. The fat-solubles regulate various aspects.

I don't think vit D is the cause of constipation, in some cases it even tends to induce it (especially supplements). What it does is normalize a lot of processes in the body, which after some time help to not deplete the person with inflammation, deranged immunity, poor nutrient metabolism, and so on.

Vit of the letter D deficiency signals hibernating metabolism, therefore some desired insulin resistance is expected. Skimmed milk is too stimulating and often gives people problems. For hibernation, if the person becomes less active in general, a lot of these problems are minimized. But gurus don't slow down, and it's difficult to keep up, so inflammation starts to appear.

Effects of dietary vitamin D on magnesium absorption and bone mineral contents in pigs on normal magnesium intakes. - PubMed - NCBI
But there's a more direct effect of magnesium on vit D than the opposite as far as I know.

Throughout the book the guy commented how the infant consumes milk and nothing else, preventing problems of a mixed diet; a little milk can be worse than none if the metabolism isn't sharp. The main problems with milk that I can remember are related to its disproportionate amount of calcium, which can be too stimulating for a depleted person; and the possible immunogenic proteins, dairy and wheat are often lumped together because they can trigger similar reactions, making any inflammation already present worse. It's interesting the observation that stagnated casein (such as undigested + constipation) are only partially broken down and this sends an inflammatory signal that affects junctions, so it can support an inflammatory state that reflects on skin and hair.

:handok:
I can only add that it's preferable to have some fibers around than to deal with the constipations.

Thank you, I'll check it out, you had me at sandwich.

The problem is we come to a conclusion where almost anything is problematic and only proteins from potatoes may not be (although a lot people would beg to differ). Ray has said than in someone with deranged metabolism anything can become a problem, which is why he advises the use of thyroid and protective substances; he also talked about the issues seen with protein deficiency and I think a lot of people notice when they eat too little proteins. So what can we eat for proteins besides potatoes? DuggaDugga healed himself with a high fruit diet I think. Jennifer too.

Maybe experiment with all kinds of protein to find one that you tolerate, while improving the body to build up a robustness. (Fix deficiencies, build muscle, lose fat, move more, get more light, have more fun, good social life etc)

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

The main purpose of the thread is the message to keep the intestines moving.
Protein is needed to deal with stress, more protein for more stress until the situation gets out of control and problems with it start to appear. I feel it's more or less similar to sodium. A lot of people that consult Ray are dealing indeed with problems of insufficient protein, but I assume the majority don't just abandon meat for a random reason. Insisting on something that isn't working leads to problems. We have to be able to talk about what can go wrong with dairy or meats in the same way that we can talk about other foods because otherwise some people might insist, and these are the people that will resonate. I tried to leave out details about the protocol and rather include the concepts to avoid encouraging extreme temporary measures that would only benefit a minority.

Wagner83

Maybe experiment with all kinds of protein to find one that you tolerate, while improving the body to build up a robustness. (Fix deficiencies, build muscle, lose fat, move more, get more light, have more fun, good social life etc)
I do that to an extent, but proteins that are tolerated well on their own can have very deleterious effects when combined (fish and dairy thread), like Kellogg suggests may happen with milk. Budget is limited so proteins sources are chosen from a narrow list already. I was actually doing a lot better overall but that last fish and dairy experiment set me back for a good 10 days (sinusitis, slow transit time), now I'm recovering but damn I need tools to bounce back quicker, like cascara, charcoal, carrot etc..
The main purpose of the thread is the message to keep the intestines moving.
Protein is needed to deal with stress, more protein for more stress until the situation gets out of control and problems with it start to appear. I feel it's more or less similar to sodium. A lot of people that consult Ray are dealing indeed with problems of insufficient protein, but I assume the majority don't just abandon meat for a random reason. Insisting on something that isn't working leads to problems. We have to be able to talk about what can go wrong with dairy or meats in the same way that we can talk about other foods because otherwise some people might insist, and these are the people that will resonate. I tried to leave out details about the protocol and rather include the concepts to avoid encouraging extreme temporary measures that would only benefit a minority.
I understand but if people don't tolerate meat it's difficult to think they will tolerate cheese (constipating) or milk without other strategies in place. I find the fruitarian diet as a healing tool very intriguing, but I'm also puzzled that since starch is the "safest food" it is not chosen instead of fruits. Fruits seem to stimulate bowel movements a lot more from what Kellogg says (vitamin c, fibers?).

Last edited:

Jennifer

I think constipation comes down to redox imbalance.

Adequate intake/synthesis of glycine is needed for proper metabolism of amino acids. It can leave the person in a state of deficiency despite the excessive protein intake.
Assuming one has adequate food intake, I think constipation and protein deficiencies (and all other nutrient deficiencies) come down to weaknesses in any of the following tissues...

- Adrenal(s) – An adrenal weakness creates low neurotransmitter production affecting the nervous system, think peristalsis and the vagus nerve etc. The adrenals are also the main glands involved in mineral and carbohydrate metabolism, producing the mineralocorticoids (something like 24+ mineralocorticoids) and glucocorticoids (cortisol and cortisone) needed.

- Thyroid – A thyroid weakness/hypofunction of the thyroid/parathyroid glands causes low calcium utilization, resulting in spastic conditions of our tissues.

- Intestines – Weak intestines due to the above or interstitially impacted and inflamed bowel walls leading to malabsorption or "wasting away" despite adequate food intake – think digestion, absorption, utilization and elimination as all affecting deficiencies.

- Liver and gallbladder – The liver being the chemical factory of the body (conversions, synthesis, biological transmutations), storing various amino acids obtained from digestion, then reconstructing them for essential body processes. The gallbladder – see pancreas below.

- Pancreas – The exocrine glands (ducted portion) of the pancreas (also, the adrenals produce neurotransmitters which affect pancreatic function) supply the bulk of the enzymes needed to break down food, as well as supplying sodium bicarbonate, the alkalizing substance, chyme, that mixes with bile from the gallbladder in the duodenum to activate the alkaline digestive enzymes of the pancreas and intestinal walls.

- Stomach – I figure we all know its role so won't bother making this post any longer than it already is. :)
Then the body gets weaker and a lot of alkaline minerals start to be lost to regulate the blood and calcium is released in excess for assistance.
I would consider why our buffering system would be activated meaning, what causes the need for calcium/bicarbonate in the body?
With vitamin E, zinc, magnesium and others compromised, vitamin A can't be used properly. And then disturbed vit D metabolism appears and proneness to hypercalcemia.
Again, aside from lack of food intake, I would look to the above tissues as the source of compromised vitamins and minerals in the body.
I don't think vit D is the cause of constipation
I don't either. I see it as just a symptom of a greater cause.
So what can we eat for proteins besides potatoes? DuggaDugga healed himself with a high fruit diet I think. Jennifer too.
Yes, though not fully healed yet. I won't consider myself fully healed until I no longer have any of the kyphosis and scoliosis left, but the list of what I have healed so far is pretty incredible, far beyond what my doctors thought was possible, which I guess doesn't really say much given how low their standards are. lol Anyhow, you guys already know the list so I won't bore you by repeating it.

In regards to proteins – what have you found through experimentation that you actually tolerate?

Last edited:

Jennifer

I find the fruitarian diet as a healing tool very intriguing, but I'm also puzzled that since starch is the "safest food" it is not chosen instead of fruits. Fruits seem to stimulate bowel movements a lot more from what Kellogg says (vitamin c, fibers?)
Starches safer than ripe fruit? This has been your experience or you got this view from an "expert?"

Wagner83

Starches safer than ripe fruit? This has been your experience or you got this view from an "expert?"
This is what Kellogg claims in the op, yet he still recommends a fruit-only diet for healing.
As for proteins I can't say I have a definitive answer on most. I think I should choose between seafood and dairy. I try to make goat/sheep cheese work but they have a tendency to slow transit time and possibly increase sinus/post-nasal drip issues. Ground beef may give me reflux the next morning, with yolks it may be better. Chicken breast do appear pretty harmless, I plan to try bromelain to make gelatin (and hopefully cheese) work.

Given all the talk about fibers and bowel movements, this post is relevant :
Ok. Sounds like you may have some endotoxin build up. Endotoxin will keep your estrogen high, and your test low. It can also physically damage nerves down there if you your colon is inflammed. The digestive enzymes will help. I would experiment with more fats and salt, and lowering all that fiber you are eating. Adding more fiber helps temporarily. But the more fiber you eat, the more it stretches your colon, and the more fiber it takes to fill the colon enough to stimulate a bowel movement.

Check your total daily fiber. And start lowering it slowly. Maybe 5g a week. Start with ditching the grains, then veggies, then switch out some fruits with juice, and honey, if it's still high. This will allow your colon to slowly unstretch without things shutting down from less stimulation. Cascara Sagrada, salt water, and milk of magnesia can help if things back up during the transition.
You really don't need much fiber for healthy digestion. I actually believe it potentially does more harm than good. Replace lost calories with more fat (particularly butter or ghee) and use lots of salt. Saturated fat is antimicrobial, and so is bile. These will help flush out the bugs.

My n=1: I had terrible bowel issues, and couldn't get a boner for months. Estrogen was off the charts and my candy cane and jingle bells shrank from lack of blood cycling (morning wood is vital for penis health!) Fiber would help temporarily and then I'd get worse. The approach I outlined above reversed things.

I think having a lot of gut bacteria allows you to eat more variety and quantity of carbs, and not effect your blood sugar as much, because they are being converted to SCFA by the bacteria. But I'm not sure being able to tolerate more carbs is worth the bacterial consequences.

This is my input, how you choose to use it is up to you. I hope you figure all this out. I can imagine you aren't enjoying life right now.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I do that to an extent, but proteins that are tolerated well on their own can have very deleterious effects when combined (fish and dairy thread), like Kellogg suggests may happen with milk. Budget is limited so proteins sources are chosen from a narrow list already. I was actually doing a lot better overall but that last fish and dairy experiment set me back for a good 10 days (sinusitis, slow transit time), now I'm recovering but damn I need tools to bounce back quicker, like cascara, charcoal, carrot etc..

I understand but if people don't tolerate meat it's difficult to think they will tolerate cheese (constipating) or milk without other strategies in place. I find the fruitarian diet as a healing tool very intriguing, but I'm also puzzled that since starch is the "safest food" it is not chosen instead of fruits. Fruits seem to stimulate bowel movements a lot more from what Kellogg says (vitamin c, fibers?).
Don't you think that cheese would be consumed more often by bodybuilders, just as much as whey, to the point of replacing their meats? Since it's such a clean protein and they're after maximizing gainz, there must be a good reason why they don't. It has some drawbacks. It can be difficult to compensate for the lost nutrition. This must explain why it's rare to find people eating inuitively seeking cheese as their main source of proteid.

Gelatin and a 'B-vitamins extract from natural sources'* can make the difference. Broken down gelatin will probably work just as good.
Orange juice pairs well because it will also replace the liquid lost, this deserves a special attention if the cheese is salted. People that eat meals that are loaded with salts crave liquids afterwards.

* @mayweatherking
Since they work in conjuction, the natural extract can be very helpful to avoid the feeling that you mentioned of chasing down specific nutrients and creating imbalances.
Assuming one has adequate food intake, I think constipation and protein deficiencies (and all other nutrient deficiencies) come down to weaknesses in any of the following tissues...

- Adrenal(s) – An adrenal weakness creates low neurotransmitter production affecting the nervous system, think peristalsis and the vagus nerve etc. The adrenals are also the main glands involved in mineral and carbohydrate metabolism, producing the mineralocorticoids (something like 24+ mineralocorticoids) and glucocorticoids (cortisol and cortisone) needed.

- Thyroid – A thyroid weakness/hypofunction of the thyroid/parathyroid glands causes low calcium utilization, resulting in spastic conditions of our tissues.

- Intestines – Weak intestines due to the above or interstitially impacted and inflamed bowel walls leading to malabsorption or "wasting away" despite adequate food intake – think digestion, absorption, utilization and elimination as all affecting deficiencies.

- Liver and gallbladder – The liver being the chemical factory of the body (conversions, synthesis, biological transmutations), storing various amino acids obtained from digestion, then reconstructing them for essential body processes. The gallbladder – see pancreas below.

- Pancreas – The exocrine glands (ducted portion) of the pancreas (also, the adrenals produce neurotransmitters which affect pancreatic function) supply the bulk of the enzymes needed to break down food, as well as supplying sodium bicarbonate, the alkalizing substance, chyme, that mixes with bile from the gallbladder in the duodenum to activate the alkaline digestive enzymes of the pancreas and intestinal walls.

- Stomach – I figure we all know its role so won't bother making this post any longer than it already is. :)

I would consider why our buffering system would be activated meaning, what causes the need for calcium/bicarbonate in the body?

Again, aside from lack of food intake, I would look to the above tissues as the source of compromised vitamins and minerals in the body.

I don't either. I see it as just a symptom of a greater cause.
I had my fingers crossed for you to chime in, was curious about your opinions.
Hopefully you're now as adorable as you were back then!

What do you find common in causing weaknesses in those organs?

I wonder if your scoliosis is being caused by the extra brain weight.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals