Wheat Germ Oil Studies: Prevents Spontaneous Abortion - Assists Neuromuscular Disorders

Grapelander

Here are a couple old school studies using Wheat Germ Oil (WGO).

I am finding it challenging to locate quality Vitamin E or any WGO at the retail level. Started purchasing online.

WGO: I do not care for the taste; found that if I mix with milk and vanilla extract – it is pretty good.

CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH WHEAT GERM OIL

1936 Canadian Medical Association Journal - Wheat Germ Oil Fertility Study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1561438/pdf/canmedaj00509-0070.pdf

Wheat germ eliminates habitual abortion in women who were unable to come to term.

From TABLE 1:
34 year old women; married for 15 years; had 15 previous spontaneous abortions; came to term and delivered with WGO.

From the paper:
In 1922 Evans and Bishop reported that rats subsisting upon supposedly complete dietaries would not reproduce unless certain food substances were included in their rations. The animals, apart from the infertility, appeared to be normal. The females exhibited natural cestrus cycles and would breed and conceive, but they failed to deliver their young on account of some disturbance which caused intra-uterine death and subsequent resorption of the fetuses. It was observed that the inclusion of whole wheat cereal, fresh lettuce leaves or dried alfalfa in the diets of the pregnant animals permitted reproduction to occur in a normal manner.

NEUROMUSCULAR DISORDERS AMENABLE TO WHEAT GERM OIL THERAPY

1951 Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC499579/pdf/jnnpsyc00310-0037.pdf

A specific sub group responded well.

From the paper:
The conclusion is that certain neuromuscular disorders respond to wheat germ oil therapy. These conditions are ones which are also apt to show improvement with the administration of adrenal corticoids.

Attachments

• Tocopherol_Tocotrienol.JPG
    Tocopherol_Tocotrienol.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 23

MeatOrchid

@Lewis Acid if you apply topically is it the same pufa wise?
Can you absorb pufa through the skin?

I started to believe evclo is bad because of how shriveled it will leave your skin if you spread it on your skin.

SOMO

I started to believe evclo is bad because of how shriveled it will leave your skin if you spread it on your skin.

Yes, when you apply it to the skin you do absorb the PUFA systemically but only a small amount. Most of it will be used to make cell membranes.

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

So I have not used WGO externally. I do use Olive Oil externally before I shower; seems to keep my skin feeling young. I tried coconut oil externally - however it clogged my pores.

Inaut

Bump. I think wheat germ oil is one of the best things for the skin. We get hung up on the pufa issue while it’s loaded with octacosanol and vitamin e.