What's Your Morning Ritual?

redlight

How do you start your day ?

I'll start
bathroom
drink big glass of water with lemon
rebounder 5-10 min
think about what i want to do that day
breakfast (orange juice, liver, coffee, gelatin, sugar)

Electric Slim

Up, bathroom routine, downstairs, kitchen - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 1 glass smooth orange juice, Vitamin D3, coffee with skim milk and sugar, laptop. Brush teeth, leave the house, walk.

Been meaning to go to the gym also but haven't been motivated enough yet.

amethyst

How do you start your day ?

I'll start
bathroom
drink big glass of water with lemon
rebounder 5-10 min
think about what i want to do that day
breakfast (orange juice, liver, coffee, gelatin, sugar)
I do a big glass of water with lemon too or a gl of water with a little magnesium citrate powder (natural calm) Breakfast I usually start with fruit like oranges or grapefruit. Or melon. Or blueberries.Then I'll have either old fashioned oats with almond milk with an apple, pecans and sometimes raisins mixed in. I alternate 2 soft boiled eggs on a piece of organic rye bread with a little butter other mornings. And coffee with some half and half and some sugar.

Depending on work schedule, I'll go exercise in the morning. Then have a fruit snack.

Last edited:

kaybb

Awake in a lot of pain & exhaustion & discouragement. Turn on music to help.

Spend next half hour to an hour getting myself to get going. In other words, get up! Take medicine? (Note to self 600th time -change !!)

Bedside Victory -Take thyroid & pain medicine rest 5 or 1O minutes more (affirmations of wellness, peace, healing Not Hapoening .) Mornings I speak the truth, to my self. This is pure crap time, my little torture chamber body and more self talk Not taught in Yoga..

Open shutters throughout house, mustering hope, noting the beauty that surrounds us, and our home we built together. The beauty&graritude uplifts unless symptoms are too overpowering, stealing even smalls joys.

OJ w/2 Tbs gelatin, supplements
Breakfast - protein pancakes or an egg and cheese. Milk to drink.
If I wake up with Migraine/Vertigo, take extra progesterone, salt, instant coffee/milk&sugar. And get an ice pack ready. Comfy clothes and rest on couch w/tv, my best friend;).

No migraine - get dressed and usually unpack or pack if I am leaving town &I do some house cleaning...even if it's a little and makes pain worse...I still do a little. (If free of migraine/vertigo.)

Dear Husband texts me about this time to check how things are going. We make the plan for the day ....if I can run the errands or not, then he will after work. Also dinner plans (whether I can cook or not). and catch up on our married kids and grandkids who keep in touch with me. And our college student update.

I usually wouldn't post this about how bad I am in mornings. I almost have a death wish or just a feeling I can't do it anymore, when I wake up in such pain/exhaustion/downer.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia & MAV-migraine disorder... so I know what I have just not what to do More of or Less of. Anyway...getting off topic that is probably meant to be light and interesting which at that ...I'm ending :)

A. squamosa

Attempting to answer this shows me how I have no real schedule to speak of! With one exception, it's always breakfast first up, my favourite breakfast is freshly squeezed, strained orange juice (about 250-300ml), an egg fried gently in butter w/ salt, a coffee with full fat milk and un-treated honey. If I only have little time before I have to leave the house, then probably yoghurt or ricotta w/ honey and fruit, if I really have no time at all because of sleeping in, a big glass of milk and some fruit, and if I am flying out the door, I'll grab some p.reggiano and dates to eat as I run off wherever. Bathroom after I eat. And that is all that dependably happens when I wake up!

*actually I'm also trying to add in my red light sessions in the morning too. On the belly region before breakfast, rosacea + thyroid after eating - that's the goal, anyway.

Last edited:

Mufasa

Delay getting out of my bed as long as possible, and then hurry to stil get at my work in time.

max219

I almost always start work in the late afternoon.
I wake up at 10:30, eat a really big breakfast with greek yougrt, honey, bananas, coffee, orange juice. This usually stimulates a trip to the bathroom. This past winter I had red light shining on my throughout the whole routine, but lately I've stopped due to getting more full body sunlight during the day. Then I take my dog on a 30-60min walk through the park.

Jsaute21

For those early risers @tyler @Stryker @haidut and others, how do you guys typically start your day from a breakfast standpoint? My schedule has changed recently, which causes me to be up and at it at 6. It is a bit of an adjustment, as i am not hungry enough for a major breakfast at 6 AM and need to be out the door by 630. I used to eat sorghum pancakes with blueberries, gelatin, maple syrup, coffee and OJ.

Today, i cracked a raw egg into some OJ and put pink salt and gelatin in it. I woke up thirsty but figured i should get some protein and a minimal amount of saturated fat to aid my metabolism.

tyler

For those early risers @tyler @Stryker @haidut and others, how do you guys typically start your day from a breakfast standpoint? My schedule has changed recently, which causes me to be up and at it at 6. It is a bit of an adjustment, as i am not hungry enough for a major breakfast at 6 AM and need to be out the door by 630. I used to eat sorghum pancakes with blueberries, gelatin, maple syrup, coffee and OJ.

Today, i cracked a raw egg into some OJ and put pink salt and gelatin in it. I woke up thirsty but figured i should get some protein and a minimal amount of saturated fat to aid my metabolism.

I eat a huge breakfast, it is my biggest meal of the day. I have always been a breakfast person- but perhaps you could ramp up your food intake over time and become one yourself :D Another thing that probably helps me is not eating at night. I typically don't eat anything past sunset. Maybe a snack but usually not. This primes me to be ready for a meal upon waking.
The difference between a big meal and a small one is profound. I work in the outdoors (currently in below freezing temperatures), and if I don't eat a good meal then I just feel... really bad. Weak, irritable, cold, flat muscles, etc. I don't like eating as I work so a big meal before works best for me.

Jsaute21

Makes sense man. One thing that i notice a big meal provides for me is a solid bowel movement shortly after intake. When i rely on primarily liquid in the morning, it seems to offset digestion for the day and provide less bowel movements. Do you eat this meal at 5 am or so?

kondevantoni

Up
Bathroom routine
Carrot salad with salt, vinegar and CO
Coffee with honey
Aspitin 500mg, niacinamide 500-700mg, 5 drops Tyromix
Bathroom routine 2
After 2 hours breakfast:
3 row eggs with OJ or
1l milk and 5 bananas

haidut

Forum Supporter

I try to eat most of my daily protein in the first and second meal and in the evening it is usually more sugar and fatty stuff like whole yogurt. The morning usually includes eggs and some other type of protein. I actually really like steak/egg combo but sometimes do cheese omelet too. Lunch is whatever high protein meal happens to be available at the cafeteria I usually get lunch from. Typically, they have shellfish, meat, and even organ meats, so I eat whatever I feel like provided it is low in PUFA, starch and legumes.

tyler

Makes sense man. One thing that i notice a big meal provides for me is a solid bowel movement shortly after intake. When i rely on primarily liquid in the morning, it seems to offset digestion for the day and provide less bowel movements. Do you eat this meal at 5 am or so?
My experience couldn't be more similar. If I don't eat a meal, then I won't have a BM for awhile. Eating a breakfast triggers those muscles to do their thing, keeps my digestion like clockwork and that is #1 for me. No BM before work = bad day.
I don't have a set start time for work, so my breakfast usually falls between 5:30-7:30AM. I'll wake up, drink some water and lemon, do a 15-20 min stretching routine, then go for breakfast.

Jsaute21

Cool. Thanks guys. Yeah, @tyler first day without a real breakfast in a while, and of course the first time i haven't had # 2 before work as well. Really does throw things off quite a bit.

I assume your first meal is typically carb heavy.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Cool. Thanks guys. Yeah, @tyler first day without a real breakfast in a while, and of course the first time i haven't had # 2 before work as well. Really does throw things off quite a bit.

I assume your first meal is typically carb heavy.

Not sure if you saw the post on optimal eating patterns we discussed in another thread. It seems that for circadian clock purposes, eating two meals a day may be best and the timing of those meals depends on whether you are morning person or night owl. Have not tried it myself, but if you are skipping meals you may want to try those guidelines.
Tyw. Said Something That Makes Alot Of Sense!

Jsaute21

I didn't see that until now.Really appreciate the reference. When you say two meals a day, I assume you are excluding snacks, coffees other liquids etc. Just two major meals?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I didn't see that until now.Really appreciate the reference. When you say two meals a day, I assume you are excluding snacks, coffees other liquids etc. Just two major meals?

I think this is what they suggest - just to major meals but I think drinking sweet stuff in between probably does not count. Otherwise those 2 meals will have to be pretty big to account for the needed calories and overeating is probably not healthy for a variety of other reasons.

Jsaute21

Yeah, i was going to say that is fairly contradictory to most of the nutrition advice on this forum.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah, i was going to say that is fairly contradictory to most of the nutrition advice on this forum.

I am not endorsing it, just saying that if you are going to skip meals you may as well try their approach.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals