What's Your Milk Success Story?

Looking to hear from people who previously struggled with milk but are now beautiful butterflies.

What did you do to turn things around? What was the missing ingredient or lifestyle change that allowed you to tolerate milk again?

Runenight201

Food combination and quantity.

Ground beef and milk are a horrible combo (well ground beef is just a sketchy food imo)

Chicken and 2% milk seems to work just fine.

Ray has stated that increasing protein allows for milk to be more easily digested.

Starch and milk don’t mix well. Tomorrow I will be experimenting with cutting back or eliminating starch and seeing how a chicken, milk, fruit, water, and coffee diet goes.

Korven

Ground beef and milk are a horrible combo (well ground beef is just a sketchy food imo)

Ray has stated that increasing protein allows for milk to be more easily digested.

Starch and milk don’t mix well. Tomorrow I will be experimenting with cutting back or eliminating starch and seeing how a chicken, milk, fruit, water, and coffee diet goes.

I think this is a key component to being able to tolerate milk.

I read somewhere that according to a ayurvedic perspective milk is a complete food and ideally shouldn't be mixed with other foods, except for maybe some sweetener.

What I do is I get good quality raw milk and then heat up maybe 500 ml with some turmeric, ginger and cardamom on the stove, then let cool a bit and add honey. I have this between meals or in the evening before bed, and sipped slowly it digests very well and is very nourishing.

ExCarniv

I used to have very bad reactions to commercial pasteurized homogenized milk

Tried several brands till I found a non homogenized, low pasteurized, non vitamin added milk from an organic brand and I can drink a liter per day now without issues.

_lppaiva

I'm pretty young so I'm not sure if it's Okay for me to consume or if my body is just still resistance to these craps. Not having reactions to anything is great, but It becomes hard to determine if something is good or not.

In my case, the ONLY option I have is UHT milk with sodium chloride. I drink about a pint or two a day, and since sodium chloride is used as supplement sometimes, I haven't seen any issues with this amount. Most brands usually had some sodium trypoliphosphate and some other bad conservative, so I guess it's an improvement. Baby steps

We also have a local cheese recipe here that has a 5:1 calcium to phosphate ratio, but it's moderate to low in fat, so I can't indulge in it as much as I'd like.

OP
Twohandsondeck
This is peculiar. Can definitely agree that mixing proteins amongst other proteins (i.e. eggs + flesh) and proteins amongst starch (i.e. flesh + rice, potato) is no bueno. Hope the experiment goes well ^^

What I do is I get good quality raw milk and then heat up maybe 500 ml with some turmeric, ginger and cardamom on the stove, then let cool a bit and add honey.
How hot do you bring it to? Bubbles and then simmer?
I like the ayurvedic idea of adding the spices, will definitely make a note of that when I find myself with milk again in the future.
As far as heating the milk, I wonder if it makes it more digestible. Can you speak to the digestibility of raw vs. heated at all?

Korven

This is peculiar. Can definitely agree that mixing proteins amongst other proteins (i.e. eggs + flesh) and proteins amongst starch (i.e. flesh + rice, potato) is no bueno. Hope the experiment goes well ^^

How hot do you bring it to? Bubbles and then simmer?
I like the ayurvedic idea of adding the spices, will definitely make a note of that when I find myself with milk again in the future.
As far as heating the milk, I wonder if it makes it more digestible. Can you speak to the digestibility of raw vs. heated at all?

Just until it's near boiling!

And yeah heating up the milk seems to help with digestion, though I don't have too much problems with straight raw milk if I swoosh it around in my mouth first and incorporate some saliva/digestive enzymes into it and warm it up that way.

Also bringing the milk to near boiling should hopefully kill off any nasty microbes, after having had diarrhea for 1 week straight I'm not taking any unnecessary risks (though not 100% sure if raw milk is to blame).

OP
Twohandsondeck
Just until it's near boiling!

And yeah heating up the milk seems to help with digestion, though I don't have too much problems with straight raw milk if I swoosh it around in my mouth first and incorporate some saliva/digestive enzymes into it and warm it up that way.

Also bringing the milk to near boiling should hopefully kill off any nasty microbes, after having had diarrhea for 1 week straight I'm not taking any unnecessary risks (though not 100% sure if raw milk is to blame).

Gotcha. Yeah, food poisoning of any type is no joke. Hell, I think the reason most of us are on this forum is to make an effort to avoid debilitating digestive issues.

gaze

entire civilizations wouldn’t exist today without starch and milk. think traditional oatmeal boiled in milk, mashed potatoes, or even just potatoes with milk, milk/rice dishes. Literally one of the biggest staples of human history is starch and milk. even cereal and milk for kids growing up. you must have a low stomach acid problem if you can’t digest it

Cirion

Beastmode

I can probably drink 8 oz of milk by itself per day.

I can drink 32 oz of milk if I mix it with either OJ or Coffee. Adding sugar to both seems to make it easier.

My target is 64 oz per day, but I can't seem to get more than 40-50 oz on a really good day.

Inaut

I drank 1.5l today, split up throughout the day with some coffee and honey in the morning and just honey in the afternoon.

Ounce for ounce, im hard pressed to find something as nutrient dense as milk, that tastes so good

My chronometer data from the milk alone hits most of my daily requirements, not to mention OJ/fruit and my dinner.

Runenight201

entire civilizations wouldn’t exist today without starch and milk. think traditional oatmeal boiled in milk, mashed potatoes, or even just potatoes with milk, milk/rice dishes. Literally one of the biggest staples of human history is starch and milk. even cereal and milk for kids growing up. you must have a low stomach acid problem if you can’t digest it

Lol growing up i ate milk and cereal every single night without fail. Fruity pebbles all the way.

In either case, I’ve come to realize that it’s just not optimal for me. Yes my stomach can’t digest it well, but rather than implement silly strategies to try and force a food, I’ll just eat what my body can digest properly. Chicken, bread, and tomato sauce? Oh yea that digested clean as hell. Flat stomach, strength and energy, feeling good...

Who cares what civilizations ate or didn’t eat, we want optimal health. Egypt was propped up on an entirely wheat based diet for the peasants, who all suffered from extreme malnutrition due to protein deficiency.

Dairy definitely is an ok substitute if devoid of meat, which would’ve been the case in most societies in antiquity up until recent modern success. I’ve ran the experiments, meat is a better choice. If I ever didn’t have access to meat I’d start drinking more milk, at a cost definitely but better than the alternative.
yesss I have done it I have converted you to the dark side mwuahahha

Lol just when it comes to ground beef. Animal flesh is so necessary for me to function optimally. I’m doing pretty well on straight chicken breast rn.

i get deep acne (cystic acne ) from milkconsumption.
i also believe that the whole Milg as a Superfood is mistaken.
Milk and OJ are Junkfood imho.
And please dont do RAW Milk.Milk is highly contaminated
with bacteria,its just that Farmers dont have to share Earnings
Downstream with Processors.
Dont cosume rawmilk.

Last edited:

ExCarniv

i get deep acne (cystic acne ) from milkconsumption.
i also believe that the whole Milg as a Superfood is mistaken.
Milk and OJ are Junkfood imho.
And please dont do RAW Milk.Milk is highly contaminated
with bacteria,its just that Farmers dont have to share Earnings
Downstream with Processors.
Dont cosume rawmilk.

Milk per se is not junk food, just commercial with vitamin and gums added are junk.

Entire civilizations consumed milk for thousand years and never had problems, you just need to find a good quality one.

I'm drinking a good organic low temp pasteurized brand and I can drink a liter without issues.

Milk per se is not junk food, just commercial with vitamin and gums added are junk.

Entire civilizations consumed milk for thousand years and never had problems, you just need to find a good quality one.

I'm drinking a good organic low temp pasteurized brand and I can drink a liter without issues.

Milc is a hormonal active substance,it changes peoples bodyheight,it does so by interfering with endogenous order.
Milk is one of the only Foods associated with illness,CNS-Disorder etcetc.People get Long from it,
its a Milk-specific Process:

Milk consumption: aggravating factor of acne and promoter of chronic diseases of Western societies
Bodo Melnik
JDDG: Journal der Deutschen Dermatologischen Gesellschaft 7 (4), 364-370, 2009
Consumption of cow's milk and cow's milk protein result in changes of the hormonal axis of insulin, growth hormone and insulin‐like growth factor‐1(IGF‐1) in humans. Milk consumption raises IGF‐1 serum levels in the perinatal period, adolescence and adulthood. During puberty with the physiological onset of increased secretion of growth hormone, IGF‐1 serum levels increase and are further enhanced by milk consumption. IGF‐1 is a potent mitogen; after binding to its receptor in various tissues, it induces cell proliferation and inhibits apoptosis. Keratinocytes and sebocytes, as well as the androgen‐synthesizing adrenals and gonads, are stimulated by IGF‐1. The epidemic incidence of adolescent acne in Western milk‐consuming societies can be explained by the increased insulin‐ and IGF‐1‐stimulation of sebaceous glands mediated by milk consumption. Acne can be regarded as a model for chronic Western diseases with pathologically increased IGF‐1‐stimulation. Many other organs, such as the thymus, bones, all glands, and vascular smooth muscle cells as well as neurons are subject to this abnormally increased hormonal stimulation. The milk‐induced change of the IGF‐1‐axis most likely contributes to the development of fetal macrosomia, induction of atopy, accelerated linear growth, atherosclerosis, carcinogenesis and neurodegenerative diseases. Observations of molecular biology are supported by epidemiologic data and unmask milk consumption as a promoter of chronic diseases of Western societies.

Increased serum levels of IGF-1 as a
result of milk consumption
Milk is a complex bioactive secretion
that plays an important role in enhancing
growth and in the development of
newborn mammals. Human beings are
the only mammals that have access to
milk and dairy products over the life
span. Cow’s milk contains a number of
bioactive hormones including IGF-1
(4–50 ng/ml) and IGF-2 (40–50 ng/ml)
[57, 58]. IGF-1, an important stimulator
of lactogenesis, is secreted into milk.
Increased levels of IGF-1 are found in
the milk from cows that have been given
recombinant growth hormone to increase
milk production [58]. Pasteurization
and homogenization do nothing to
significantly decrease IGF-1 activity
[59]. Bovine and human IGF-1 are identical
and bind with the same affinity to
human IGF1R.
IGF-1 remains intact as it passes through
the gastrointestinal tract, reaching the
plasma in its bioactive form. Casein is
protective for IGF-1 absorption. Increased
consumption of milk in adults leads
to a 10–20% increase in serum levels of
circulating IGF-1, and in children to a
20–30% increase [60–67]. Milk consumption
has a marked insulinotropic
effect. Specifically, the fraction of whey
proteins in milk further increase insulin
levels while casein increases IGF-1 [68].
Girls who consume less than 55 ml of milk
per day have significantly lower IGF-1
levels than girls who consume milk in excess
of 260 ml per day [69]. A European
study with 2,109 women showed a significant
positive correlation between milk
consumption and serum levels of IGF-1
[70]. Dairy products increase serum levels
of IGF-1 more strongly than other
protein sources such as meat [62–70].
Milk consumption increases the ratio of
IGF-1 to IGFBP-3, thus increasing the
bioavailability of IGF-1[61–63, 65].

Quote from Member Travis:

Travis are you not down with cow's milk in general?

Antibody formation appears to be facilitated by homogenization, a process that traps milk proteins inside the smaller liposomes as they form. It has been experimentally shown that homogenization facilitates the persorption of xanthine oxidase, a protein found in milk ten times larger than the bovine folate receptor.

The prevalence of autoantibodies against the folate receptor has been found to be 42% among Irish females.

But what is causing the antibodies? Because it's obviously not happening to everyone not even close. You say homogenization, but millions of people drink that and don't have cleft palate or autism. So what makes someone's immune system form an autoantibody and not someone else's? Maybe it's the same reason some people die from vaccines and others remain healthy.

I think everyone's immune system would raise antibodies against an antigen, yet for this to occur a peptide must get into the bloodstream with a length of ten amino acids or greater. There is a good amount of differences in people's stomach pH, enzyme expression, intestinal permeability, and even food combining. The initial absorption of longer peptides intact likely accounts for most of the interpersonal variation in antibody formation against food proteins.

Among Irish females, the prevalence of folate receptor autoantibodies has been found to be 42% this approaches the prevalence of homogenized milk consumption.

And of course, dietary folates provide a partial antidote to FRα autoantibodies because they can displace them from receptors while providing the very enzymatic cofactor needed. A person eating a good amount of leaves would be relatively unaffected by the same concentration of FRα autoantibodies that could block enough cerebral or placental folate uptake in another person, perhaps relying on trace amount of folic acid in refined wheat products, to induce pathology.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals