What's Your Lamp Setup?

CoolTweetPete

I use Philips Hue LED bulbs throughout my house. The colors are programmable, so I set them to red at night, and I'll set a couple to blue in the morning to help me wake up. Neighbors probably think I'm nuts with all the colors they see coming from my house. Not to mention the red laser helmet I sport every other night.

I use Philips Hue LED bulbs throughout my house. The colors are programmable, so I set them to red at night, and I'll set a couple to blue in the morning to help me wake up. Neighbors probably think I'm nuts with all the colors they see coming from my house. Not to mention the red laser helmet I sport every other night.

I think f.lux hooks up to Hue, it does the dimming for you.

DaveFoster

I'm looking to purchase some red lights for my desk. Maybe three or four eventually. I want to boost metabolism, are there any recommendations? Links are appreciated.

Last edited:

Giraffe

@DaveFoster , I use a clamp holder lamp for photographers.

kaiser klemmleuchte.GIF

I live in Europe, so I think links are not useful for you.

For Europeans: The lamp on the pic is called "Kaiser Klemmleuchte". It's designed for up to 250 W. (The older models were made for up to 500 W.)

DaveFoster

DaveFoster

i put these next to my computer aimed at me:

Amazon.com: Bayco SL-302B3 10-1/2-Inch Brooder Clamp Light with Porcelain Ceramic Socket: Home Improvement

with these bulbs:
Bulbrite 250BR40H 250W Heat Lamp BR40 Reflector Light, Clear - Incandescent Bulbs - Amazon.com

And that's it. It's very ghetto but it works awesomely. My temps go up 1 to 1.5 F. and I feel a ton better. If they are close at all, I sweat, and I think that's healthy too.
Thanks hamster, that >10$/piece is more my style.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

JohnHafterson

If you're in the States most hardware stores medium and large will have both bulbs clear and red covered along with the lamp holders in case you don't want to wait for Amazon.

Amazoniac

Dan! Are you in touch with the arti and san? If so, can you let him know that this setup will toast his left leg? A dog will trip on the wire, the frame will swing, he will act fast to avoid its fall but his abrupt opposing movement will be too much: the lamp will fall on that leg. Then he will push it away immediately, but with this he'll throw it to the ground and the lamp will break. The burning is going to be mild, cleaning the mess exhaustive but he will miss a glass shard on the corridor. The same guy happened to step over poop on the street (we Westerners don't have the habit of leaving shoes behind), and a broodeI mean, a brother that arrived later on will walk around his home and step on.. you guessed: the glass shard. The person will contract a nasty infection and will do the dyings. The guy will develop depression due the guilt from negligence but it won't last long because during the brother's funeral a piano will fall over his head from the second floor. The engineer warned that the building wasn't reliable but people insisted on being cheap. Speaking of economy, why not use a bigger H feet?
582c61e7b7c6681330c7c5fa5ecdc93b.jpg

Last edited:

Dan W

A X feet is better, using a 5-way cross PVC fitting.
Huh, that's smart, I hadn't thought about the glass/fire risks of it tipping over. And I don't know the guy well, but I have his e-mail. So I will relay your prophecy so that he can at least buy a piano-helmet.

Back
Top Bottom