What's Your Lamp Setup?

ilovethesea

Just wondering what people are using to string up their lamps. I assume most of us have the brooder lamps with the clips like this http://www.homedepot.ca/product/aluminu ... nch/969081

Right now I have 2 of them and they are clipped to the curved part of a lamp that looks basically like this http://www.houzz.com/photos/320470/Arco ... oor-lamps-

It's ok when I'm sitting at my desk but does anyone have any ideas for the rest of the house? What do you use to string them up for when you're in your living room or bedroom?

BingDing

I keep thinking I'll find something better than those brooder lamps so I haven't got a setup. I just hold my 500W halogen in front of my throat for as long as I can, hoping my thyroid gland will get something out of it.

Do you guys walk around wearing sunglasses all day? I really dislike the bright light in my eyes.

HDD

I have my attractive brooder lamp clamped to a pole lamp next to my bed. I don't think my husband would tolerate more than one.

4peatssake

Haagendazendiane said:
I have my attractive brooder lamp clamped to a pole lamp next to my bed. I don't think my husband would tolerate more than one.
My set up exactly - brooder lamp clamped to a pole lamp - except I have mine in the living room next to my couch. My husband used it to read once and talked about how much heat it throws. :lol:

bradley

I want to build a set up like this:

ilovethesea said:
Just wondering what people are using to string up their lamps. I assume most of us have the brooder lamps with the clips like this http://www.homedepot.ca/product/aluminu ... nch/969081

Right now I have 2 of them and they are clipped to the curved part of a lamp that looks basically like this http://www.houzz.com/photos/320470/Arco ... oor-lamps-

It's ok when I'm sitting at my desk but does anyone have any ideas for the rest of the house? What do you use to string them up for when you're in your living room or bedroom?

Attachments

• img_1533-300px.jpg
    img_1533-300px.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,113
  • Sauna-Install_V4-238x300.jpg
    Sauna-Install_V4-238x300.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,202
  • SAUNA-L4-PL-FPS-RC-US-2T.jpg
    SAUNA-L4-PL-FPS-RC-US-2T.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,099
  • UNIT-L4-PL-US-3T.jpg
    UNIT-L4-PL-US-3T.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,104

Dan W

That's really cool, Bradley.

I'm mainly doing the same thing as everyone else, clamping the lamps onto poles and shelves. At some point I'm going to make a more flexible setup by having a chain drooping down from hooks in the ceiling, and hooking the lamp to the chain. That way I can adjust the height by tightening up the chain, and change the position by switching the chain to different hooks.

I just realized I'm slowly building a dungeon.

loess

Dan, I hear there's a mob of Peatarians headed over to your place. They're brandishing whips and paddles and are apparently decked out in black leather chaps. You'd better not be filming a sequel to Pulp Fiction over there. And don't even THINK about trying coax poor Ray into getting involved your mysterious dungeon shenanigans.

4peatssake

loess said:
Dan, I hear there's a mob of Peatarians headed over to your place. They're brandishing whips and paddles and are apparently decked out in black leather chaps. You'd better not be filming a sequel to Pulp Fiction over there. And don't even THINK about trying coax poor Ray into getting involved your mysterious dungeon shenanigans.
Tickets are going fast. PM Charlie for directions to Dan's Lair.

teaser_desktop_background.jpg

Dan W

Don't worry, my dungeon is very well-lit and complies with OSHA standards.

loess said:
And don't even THINK about trying coax poor Ray into getting involved your mysterious dungeon shenanigans.
I think Peat would avoid it, dungeons reek of authoritarianism. Among other things.

stressucks said:
Why not just get some red light bulbs and put them in your normal lamps?
In my case, I wanted clear incandescents, and getting a ton of watts was easier with a few big bulbs/lamps rather than many small ones.

OP
I

ilovethesea

stressucks said:
Why not just get some red light bulbs and put them in your normal lamps?

The bulbs I found only work in the brooder lamps, unfortunately. Plus I want them to shine on my body not just light up the room on a side table or whatever...

BingDing

I was researching water filters for the umpteenth time and stumbled on a site with heat lamps, here. One could replace the bulb of course. Fairly ugly and way overpriced, IMHO, but they exist. They have desk lamps with goose necks, too, which might be workable.

4peatssake

BingDing said:
I was researching water filters for the umpteenth time and stumbled on a site with heat lamps, here. One could replace the bulb of course. Fairly ugly and way overpriced, IMHO, but they exist. They have desk lamps with goose necks, too, which might be workable.
Here's one for $69.95 Floor Model Infra Red Heat Lamp

Company is out of California and ships to Europe and Canada as well as USA. No idea of shipping costs.

coatue

Hi All,

I'm moving into a small studio apartment and they won't let me hang the brooder lamps from the cieling (for the red light therapy) like I've been doing. What have people done in terms of fixtures to clamp the brooder lamps onto in order to sit under these light while working at a desk etc.? Any help on this would be great. Thanks!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This setup works nice for me because it's fairly portable. I'm not even sure what that thing is called that I have my lights clipped on but it's some type of wooden clothing rack that was given to me. The back of a sturdy kitchen chair might work too.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 693

narouz

It's funny--how those cheap brooder lights
likely unify a lot of us here.
$10 for the lamp; $4 for the bulb. :)
Who has 'em?!

If you have some floor lamps
they have long poles and you can clamp 3 or 4 on each pole
if you get the brooder lamps with the clamps. :eek:

Zpol

This is the infrared light used in salons:
214qYe9RlAL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Pibbs-957-Headed- ... H6Y9FPPTST

I doesn't have wide reflectors that I currently have my bulbs in, but do you all think it would be an effective way to get infrared light therapy?

I would use my 250watt incandescent bulbs in it.

Or, does anyone else have a way to use these light more comfortably? I use 2 lights at once (on abdomen and one on neck), so I need the double headed one.

The reflectors have clamps but I have nothing to clamp them to in the areas where I use the lights. With lights I can direct the light to where I want it.
I would have thought it'd be easier to find something like this for therapy purposes.

thanks much!

Last edited by a moderator:

milk_lover

If you want more infrared light, use higher power lamps (+400 watts) I think they're called heat lamps. They are very bright and warm. More heat means more infrared light. But if you want the red light therapy that Peat talks about (600 to 900 nm range), probably the 250 watts incandescent bulbs you talked about will deliver just that. This area is still vague for me and I am still in the process of learning.

Zpol

Thanks! I am learning more about this too.
It would seem the above lamp would work, and be convenient, but because it doesn't have the reflectors I'm just not sure if it'd be as effective since some of the rays of light would be veering off into the room and not onto me (i'm thinking that's why I've always seen them in reflectors when used therapeutically).

I guess if i'm going drop a bunch of $$ on this, maybe I should try to order from a medical or acupuncture equipment store. Has anybody done this?

I sure do enjoy sitting under my heat lamp! Just sucks trying to hold it or clamp it in the correct position.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom