What's Wrong With Sugar And Starch Combining

Sapien

I’ve found starch a great blessing, and I minimize sugar. I eat fruit and drink a little juice, not that much, but most of my carbs and most calories come from wonderful starches such as rice and masa harina. I’m doing much, much better this way than I was when I was eating mostly sugar.
What kind of masa recipes do you make?

joaquin

I just make porridge with water and butter and salt.
Will you please share your recipe? I have some masa in the cupboard and would enjoy this very much.

OP
ecstatichamster
I mix the masa harina with salt, about 4g of salt with 80g of masa harina, add water to make it super runny. Add about 8g of butter, and microwave for 13 minutes, stirring several times. Then i remove it carefully and add some milk and stir. It’s great!

Vileplume

I’ve found starch a great blessing, and I minimize sugar. I eat fruit and drink a little juice, not that much, but most of my carbs and most calories come from wonderful starches such as rice and masa harina. I’m doing much, much better this way than I was when I was eating mostly sugar.
Hey hamster, are you still getting a lot of your carbs from starch like masa and rice?

Birdie

I mix the masa harina with salt, about 4g of salt with 80g of masa harina, add water to make it super runny. Add about 8g of butter, and microwave for 13 minutes, stirring several times. Then i remove it carefully and add some milk and stir. It’s great!
I'm going to try it. Thanks. I made your pate a few times successfully. too. Thanks Vile. Gee, all this time I thought it was Viteplume.

Vileplume

I'm going to try it. Thanks. I made your pate a few times successfully. too. Thanks Vile. Gee, all this time I thought it was Viteplume.
Haha, I could even be "Vitaplume" with all these vitamins I'm getting from milk.

LA

My husband told me to give you his "thanks" for your recipe. We dont have a microwave so he stirred it in a small sauce pan with butter. He enjoyed it very much. He tried following the directions on the package but couldn't wait an hour for it to sit and didnt like having to use a rolling pin and it was a big mess to try to make tortillas, he had flour all over the place. We laugh about it now.

OP
ecstatichamster
My husband told me to give you his "thanks" for your recipe. We dont have a microwave so he stirred it in a small sauce pan with butter. He enjoyed it very much. He tried following the directions on the package but couldn't wait an hour for it to sit and didnt like having to use a rolling pin and it was a big mess to try to make tortillas, he had flour all over the place. We laugh about it now.
So glad to hear it! I love it and eat it all the time. It’s one of the best starches because it’s super digestible and has calcium and tasteps great.

LA

So glad to hear it! I love it and eat it all the time. It’s one of the best starches because it’s super digestible and has calcium and tasteps great.
I reminded him of when we were kids and our grandmothers made something called 'malto-meal' (not sure about the spelling) and stirred butter in it and he said - oh yeah and he has a good memory so he got it going along that line. Next time I will try some too and I dont even like starch.

OP
ecstatichamster
I reminded him of when we were kids and our grandmothers made something called 'malto-meal' (not sure about the spelling) and stirred butter in it and he said - oh yeah and he has a good memory so he got it going along that line. Next time I will try some too and I dont even like starch.

Doesn’t ring a bell for me, maybe a small bell. I do recall Cream Of Wheat, which I never enjoyed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals