What's Wrong With Overstimulating Metabolism?

paymanz

Broda Barnes said that if you bring waking temps up to the 97.8 - 98.2 range you are unlikely to suppress endogenous production.

That is interesting.

paymanz

Many things can go wrong. I already asked this question twice and no one answered.
I dont want to talk about speciffic information( calories, hormones, nutrients, i cant tell you that i am going to ditch the starch and milk products and be atacked because of that) because my advice will be useless to you because it is up to you to find what are your needs and responsibilities in life and where is your position in nature. Especially you should be aware the it is not aboy "fast and big" and useless heat( maybe even dangerous) but in efficient usage of energy and in efficient mitochondria functioning. When cell is over stimulated if it dont get enough and right kind of nurishment and iv its functioning is not efficient it will probably die. He also stated this and yet still....

Peat overall ideas about thyroid health, temperature and other protective mechanisms are correct. But I see those only as a possible optimal state that should be achieved through establishing optimal environmental factors and life activities.

Environmental factors are constantly shaping our hormone profile...sometimes it pushes stressfull/action)/ fight hormones to gives us a strenght to overcome some difficulties in much shorter periods and solve them.. which we are unwilling while we are drugged with medications and stimulants.

And what you will do if you neglect stressfull factors and try to artifficialy opose it. Sooner or later one side ( usually bad one) will prevail and you will crash and then maybe you will already be exhausted of your vital life energy for changing things. And it is very hard then to establish homeostasis because you lost complete image. There is no coherence...We have various mechanisms which help and helpped us( through history) to escape terrible and difficult situations and quckly establish better circumstances. We should always recieve signaling informations from environment and be ready to act in accordance with it.

All this is happening probably because people and society are dislocated from nature. And people lost that sense of responsibility and thus realisation of self inner energy for changing things and in emancipatory sense self consciousness that we became true masters over our own lifes.

As I said his ideas are ok but he take it too far with science,biochemistry, ( which has many limitations) stressors and its dangers. Maybe we should stop planet from rotating and have eternal anti stresfull light but blocked with the glass because of UV. He take it too far also with the " regenerative " metabolism of a ten year old and try so hard to copy some of its features and thus neglecting the fact which he also know and that is that we dont yet have a clue what really is "growth and youth" and what many mechanisms and things are involved in that process and in complexity of living things in general.

. After 3 years of reading and analizyng him and settling things I am sure now that he had terrible health problems during his life( he lost his teeth probably from ridiculous amount of pasteurized milk ( btw frutarians also have terrible teeth but everyone have its strory that it is nof from fruit which today usually is unripe) which was never used in such a large quantities before his advices in people who thrived on milk products , he messed his hormones, mentioned terrible sleep, eye melanoma, serious bowel problemss..... and who knows what else) ...and i am sure that he still have them. And he was probably so desperate to solve them ( as anyone who is in serious health problems) and so he experimented with many things and thus messed his organism ,healt and hormones even further .And when you are heavily traumatized by health problems or after trauma or serrious stressors brain damage is easily posiblle and in many cases inevitable. And that already makes him not so nice to blindly follow. And probably at the same time he was pressed by his job and living as many people are today.

And such a person is so afraid of every single struggling and dangerous "stressor" in life. Your life becomes running away from " stressors" instead of facing true living. It blocks you completely. And in the case of man you are turning into an weak effeminate afraid man good for nothing( maybe good for painting imagined naked womans) and in the case of woman into a histeric anxious witch. True woman is contrary to this. And true man:

And when someone choses to desperately try to solve health problems he neglect factors which are shaping us and try to opose them in artificial way then he loses responsibility for the environment and thus detach himself from true process and control over life. Today majority is doing exactly same mistake.

When you are a true master of your life process you must listen to your body which is signaling current state of the environment and what needs to be changed. Very often it is stresfull but exactly that is what ix stimulant for life and adventure. After struggling for better situation afterwards always comes award , selfesteem, and sense of well being. When you start to opose it and try so hard you are destroying complexity , potential award and stimulus for bright vision and better future.
I found your comment about fear and adventure interesting but you believe ray is a coward person?!

Judged by reading his views on biology and medicine?!

Because he talks about avoiding stress?and most of the time he talks about biological stress, like darkness, shortage in energy,hypoglycemia,and things like that.

paymanz

Yeah man, I feel like I live inside of the sun
Lol then maybe you can tell us what's wrong with over stimulation.Just kidding,

Your pulse probably is high?

Around that temp it become discomfort for me, I don't know if there is any benefits in that state, maybe its anabolic?!

One interesting about hyper is a report about an 70+ person who accidentally got hyper for few days and suddenly some areas of his/her hairs turned into black!

Drareg

I've been reading for years how estrogen/prolactin/serotonin/cortisol wreak havoc in the body. And how other so-called pro-thyroid substances can oppose them and how great they are.

I'm hypo, and recently got fat and today noticed varicose veins (wtf). Let's say I take enough thyroid, multivitamins, androgens, magnesium, caffeine, etc, and then some, in doses that can be considered metabolically "overstimulating".

Given enough Peaty food (4oookcal daily)... How is this exactly harmful, in a physiological sense? Will some stress hormones increase for example with overstimulation?

A few things I know:
- Some people here felt joint pain, or loss of libido, when lowering cortisol/estrogen too much
- T4 with lack of sugar can convert into rT3 - but i don't know the symptoms

I have unfortunately a LOT of difficulty connecting substances with symptoms, besides a few exceptions. So really: if I err on the side of "too much stimulation" and thyromimetic substances to just kill estrogen/prolactin, how bad can that be? Of course the ideal would be to find balance but what's the least worse?

Nobody got labs done to prove the assumption of joint pain from lowered estrogen or cortisol.

4000 calories is harmful if you don't need all those calories,you have to use them.
Ho do you know you personally are in need of this amount of calories?

OP
frant26

frant26

Nobody got labs done to prove the assumption of joint pain from lowered estrogen or cortisol.

4000 calories is harmful if you don't need all those calories,you have to use them.
Ho do you know you personally are in need of this amount of calories?

No, I personally have no idea. To be fair, I was experimenting with the 4000 for a week, for sure the active days. Up from 2800 to see if it made a change.

So how do you know you personally the amount of calories you need/consume?

Drareg

No, I personally have no idea. To be fair, I was experimenting with the 4000 for a week, for sure the active days. Up from 2800 to see if it made a change.

So how do you know you personally the amount of calories you need/consume?

I tend to just go with hunger,I find personally I will get the calories I need on this alone. I feel the need to eat more for 1-2 days after workouts.
If your life is very consistent like bodybuilding then you may be OK to robotically consume set amounts when hungry.

Milena

My waking temps are 35.7ºC = 96.2ºF
Me too :) although they may be increasing marginally, now after 2 weeks. I tracked for a couple of days at the beginning for baseline but am not going to 'chase the numbers'/

OP
frant26

frant26

Me too :) although they may be increasing marginally, now after 2 weeks. I tracked for a couple of days at the beginning for baseline but am not going to 'chase the numbers'/

Good news :)

Mine are still tanking, despite thyroid. Not even that can help my morning temps. I'm even taping my mouth when I sleep. If I take a bit more (Tyromix) before bed, I can't sleep. Being hypothyroid SUCKS.

Milena

Mine are still tanking, despite thyroid. Not even that can help my morning temps. I'm even taping my mouth when I sleep. If I take a bit more
(Tyromix) before bed, I can't sleep. Being hypothyroid SUCKS.

:( I was there before in my late 20's. I used to have to have a hot bath every morning to raise my temperature and remember anything. I got a private endo to diagnose me and he gave me Levo at 50mg. My regular doc stopped all that after a year or two as "your thyroid is fine". I know better now : )

Now (I'm mid-50s) I think I've just got used to being cool. Eating balanced (now Peat foods), but applies generally, macros each time I eat helps me enormously; 40C, 30P, 30F by calories. At the moment, I'm taking a hit on fat, hardly eating any but making sure protein is balanced with carbs.
With a midsection looking like tweedledee, I need to do something!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Márk K

Nikola, I've been reading through your posts lately and I for one deeply resonate with and appreciate what you have to say about Context, Intuition, Self-reliance, Intent, etc. Have you heard about Adyashanti? I think he is a great resource to connect to the Truth that you also intend to point towards in your posts... if you ever start a blog or a vlog or something please let us know, I couldn't message you privately so I reached out here, best wishes from Hungary neighbour!

nikolabeacon

Nikola, I've been reading through your posts lately and I for one deeply resonate with and appreciate what you have to say about Context, Intuition, Self-reliance, Intent, etc. Have you heard about Adyashanti? I think he is a great resource to connect to the Truth that you also intend to point towards in your posts... if you ever start a blog or a vlog or something please let us know, I couldn't message you privately so I reached out here, best wishes from Hungary neighbour!
Thanks. I didnt't hear about him. Well he have wikipedia page like Albert Szent Gyorgyi , W.F. Koch, Gilbert Ling, Mae Wan Ho, Gerald Pollack, Vernadsky and other Peat Heroes...Someone "smart" will say its FAKE new world BS but its usually People with Aspergers syndrome or in Social isolation and loneliness.

As I wrote here

If we want REAL change it will not happen with immitating "low stress high thyroid state" but with listening to our body's and environmental signals and with changing actuall life supporting environment not just sit, paint and sarcasticaly talk that CIA and medical establishment are HUGE unstoppable conspiracy Beasts that destroy Humanity. But when you are low energy and you need antiserotonin drugs and pregnenolone on a daily basis along with thyroid to be able to sleep I guess its imposible.

Mentioned people are not That extreme at all.

I am not using home PC a lot and am not interested in writting a blog...environment and bad health will eventually induce radical change in Individuals that do not neglect actual state of the environment..i use my M. Phone and try to avoid crowded WiFI places in order to prevent Balding and poor health. I guess thats how we should start our way to better health.

And guess why many people struggle with Peating and "Stimulating their Metabolism" even after taking thyroid and have immune reactions( problems with hair loss, intestines, digestion, frequent colds, skin inflammation etc.)? It is because when you try to lower cortisol by any means directly (be it loads of forced sucrose feeding or taking thyroid, progesterone, antiserotonin drugs etc) without actual coherence with environment your sensitivity to cortisol and adrenaline will be skigh high and such state is very vulnerable for many thing because range of cortisol actions against stress are very different to that of thyroid and thats why its not all about "keeping thyroid up" . Exposure to cortisol long term is surely detrimental to health but correct way to lower cortisol is to eliminate the things in the diet and LIFE which are exacerbating inflammation and remove the burden from the system not to imitate "healthy low cortisol state" when system is not ready for that and without actual "high metabolism environment".... cortisol's actions against certain already present ongoing inflammation are not the same as thyroid's or progesterone ("low stress state"). If it is, people here shouldn't have mentioned problems. It is clearly showing that it is vulnerable state to just lower cortisol by any means without ADEQUATE replacement and push thyroid up without adequate healthy support since you stopped current ADEQUATE defense mechanism against the current inflammation...and metabolism will fix in itself just by lowering cortisol by any means and it will not be "resilent" to many things in the life that can be opposed adequately only with cortisol..... Our duty is to realize that and correct in a proper way and its the only way we can make REAL change in the current stressfull system and environment......It is not "destroying a pathogen" approach but removing the burden from the system and listening to the body's and environmental signals in a correct way in order to allow healing process to procede .

Namer

"And in the case of man you are turning into an weak effeminate afraid man good for nothing( maybe good for painting imagined naked womans) "

Oh look, castration anxiety and hatred of nerds who can create art and appreciate the female form. We get laid more often than you, deal with it.

No, women aren't pretending to like guys like us to make you feel jealous.

Temper tantrums are not masculine.

"Someone "smart" will say its FAKE new world BS but its usually People with Aspergers syndrome or in Social isolation and loneliness."

Sigh, another attack on us aspies. Yes, we are smarter than you :) It's not a 'syndrome' btw, despite the name, it's evidence of different neurology. Superior in some cases...

Ray Peat is a very accomplished man, I doubt he has much in his life to be ashamed of.

He is outstandingly healthy and vital for a man his age.

Learning about stress causing factors enables us to pick and choose whilst being aware, and learn ways to offset and balance the negative effects. It increases productivity and life, not the opposite.

Preach if and when you have your own life and health in order. If you did, you wouldn't be here...