What’s worse? Vaccine or 14 day quarantine?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

What happens in Australia if you just don't turn up to quarantine? Or are there people literally waiting at the airport to collect you?

I just wouldn't quarantine and let them come looking for me. What are they really going to do? Throw you in prison? It would be a fine I imagine, which I just wouldn't pay.
Yeah you have to declare being unvaccinated before getting on the flight so they are ready and waiting for you when you land. They take you by bus to the hotel once at customs in the airport. If you run away from the airport or hotel, it’s prison time.

They give you the bill at the end of the 14 days.

I did look at going back by small boat from Indonesia but I think the government knows if your back in the country without going through customs. I think the tax department and customs would figure it out due to electronic passports.

K

Kayaker

I thought Australia was done with this whole deal.

hei

@Callmestar Before you fly you have to provide proof of vaccination or proof that you have made quarantine arrangements, and when you arrive the state authorities wait for you.
The penalties vary but for New South Wales:
  • Not following the quarantine rules is a criminal offence and attracts heavy penalties. For individuals, the maximum penalty is $11,000, 6 months in prison, or both with a further $5500 fine for each day the offence continues.
I don't know how fines work in your country but it won't go away if you "just" don't pay it, they will "just" take the money out of your bank account or wages. Or "just" send you to prison. There seems to be an underestimation of how efficient the authoritarianism is in Australia.

Yeah you have to declare being unvaccinated before getting on the flight so they are ready and waiting for you when you land. They take you by bus to the hotel once at customs in the airport. If you run away from the airport or hotel, it’s prison time.

They give you the bill at the end of the 14 days.

I did look at going back by small boat from Indonesia but I think the government knows if your back in the country without going through customs. I think the tax department and customs would figure it out due to electronic passports.

******* hell what an awful place. They've really lost their minds over this. I have distant relatives there that I occassionally hear from and they said they got vaxxed because the tyranny was getting to be too much for them. Hopefully that wasn't a grave mistake on their part.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

******* hell what an awful place. They've really lost their minds over this. I have distant relatives there that I occassionally hear from and they said they got vaxxed because the tyranny was getting to be too much for them. Hopefully that wasn't a grave mistake on their part.
I wonder if anyone’s realised that they got pressured so much that 95% of NSW is double vaxxed while they had he borders shut. Now they the virus* mutated into a less deadly* while the government says let her rip. The vaccines were pointless.