What's Up With Raising Body Temperature In This Forum?

sapoxo

Hey,
I just stumbled upon this forum, glanced over a few threads, seems like raising body temperature is mentioned quite a lot. With a thyroid hormone? What's the deal about it? Mine is always at 36.6C (97.88F)

Where is an intro explanation on this topic? What can be gained?

I did have a hypothyroid (TSH something like 5) a few years ago and was treated with only selenium. Now TSH is something like 2.2, supposedly ok.

Energizer

Since you're likely going to get piecemeal information on the forum that may not give you a coherent picture on the topic, I recommend heading over to raypeat.com and reading the articles on the thyroid to get a general overview. Another good resource I would recommend checking out is Hypothyroidism: An Unsuspected Illness by Broda Barnes, which explains the significance of the thyroid in relation to health, symptoms of hypothyroidism, how to treat hypothyroidism, and how to judge whether you fall under that category.

Here's some to get you started:

Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

TSH, temperature, pulse rate, and other indicators in hypothyroidism

OP
S

sapoxo

I did read these articles on raypeat front page, but don't remember them explaining the practise of raising body temperature.

Energizer

I think the logic behind raising body temperature is a higher body temperature is generally a sign of better thyroid function (along with a higher relative pulse). Better thyroid function means better overall health and mental functioning. The thyroid is the central and most important gland in the body, it is found in every cell and has a huge influence on cellular respiration and energy production. Many of the interviews with Ray go into further detail on ways to increase the metabolic rate.

meatbag

Hey,
I just stumbled upon this forum, glanced over a few threads, seems like raising body temperature is mentioned quite a lot. With a thyroid hormone? What's the deal about it? Mine is always at 36.6C (97.88F)

Where is an intro explanation on this topic? What can be gained?

I did have a hypothyroid (TSH something like 5) a few years ago and was treated with only selenium. Now TSH is something like 2.2, supposedly ok.
Broda Barnes MD wrote several books and was one of the forerunners of thyroid therapy, his book "Hypothyroidism, the Unexpected Illness" is great
Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness by Broda O. Barnes
Also a book called "Hot Brain" The Hot Brain, is pretty cool
This article also explains the body temp. issue pretty well;
Ray Peat, PhD on Thyroid, Temperature, Pulse, and TSH – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

OP
S

sapoxo

upload_2020-8-3_12-1-10.png

Page 48 of the Barnes's book. Mine is 97.88. Do I have any potential to benefit from this? I do have the hypothyroid theme of symptoms.

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-3_11-46-27.png
    upload_2020-8-3_11-46-27.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 18
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals