Whats up with Fukushima and are fish from pacific safe?

freal

Has Ray Peat said anything about this. Its been like over 2 years and the japanese havent still fixed the problem jesus christ. They released so much radioactive water into the Pacific in this 2 years and they are releasing it even more the last few months.I never really thought of it, but I looked today on my alaskan pollack bag of frozen fish, it says FAO61, well thats around Japan. :eek: :shock: I though alascan pollack was from Alaska, not from Vladivostok or Fukushima.

Also one of my canned tuna said FAO 77 :eek: , so it looks like I am forced to switch to some atlantic tuna.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
From the email depository:

j said:
Is the quality of seafood, or other foods, a concern after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, for someone living in the West Coast? Could it have become irradiated and pose dangers to health?

Ray Peat said:
Yes, sea food from the northern Pacific should be tested periodically, but the US government has stopped the radiation testing that had previously been done, which I think means that the radiation is exceeding their previous safety limits.
viewtopic.php?p=26657#p26657

leo

Very concerning....I eat a lot of seafood.

Does anyone know how far down the coast of the Americas it has gone? I know I read where the California coast has been affected, but does it go as far down as Central America? (pacific side). Thank goodness we have access to lower Atlantic (caribbean) as well.

I guess all areas have problems....but am wondering where is worse?

OP
F

freal

leo said:
Very concerning....I eat a lot of seafood.

Does anyone know how far down the coast of the Americas it has gone? I know I read where the California coast has been affected, but does it go as far down as Central America? (pacific side). Thank goodness we have access to lower Atlantic (caribbean) as well.

I guess all areas have problems....but am wondering where is worse?

The problem is the fish migrate. The put a tracker on some tuna and saw it traveled all the way from japanese coast to the US coast.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/08/ ... erica.html

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom