Whats up with Fukushima and are fish from pacific safe?

freal

Has Ray Peat said anything about this. Its been like over 2 years and the japanese havent still fixed the problem jesus christ. They released so much radioactive water into the Pacific in this 2 years and they are releasing it even more the last few months.I never really thought of it, but I looked today on my alaskan pollack bag of frozen fish, it says FAO61, well thats around Japan. :eek: :shock: I though alascan pollack was from Alaska, not from Vladivostok or Fukushima.

Also one of my canned tuna said FAO 77 :eek: , so it looks like I am forced to switch to some atlantic tuna.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
From the email depository:

j said:
Is the quality of seafood, or other foods, a concern after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, for someone living in the West Coast? Could it have become irradiated and pose dangers to health?

Ray Peat said:
Yes, sea food from the northern Pacific should be tested periodically, but the US government has stopped the radiation testing that had previously been done, which I think means that the radiation is exceeding their previous safety limits.
viewtopic.php?p=26657#p26657

leo

Very concerning....I eat a lot of seafood.

Does anyone know how far down the coast of the Americas it has gone? I know I read where the California coast has been affected, but does it go as far down as Central America? (pacific side). Thank goodness we have access to lower Atlantic (caribbean) as well.

I guess all areas have problems....but am wondering where is worse?

freal

leo said:
Very concerning....I eat a lot of seafood.

Does anyone know how far down the coast of the Americas it has gone? I know I read where the California coast has been affected, but does it go as far down as Central America? (pacific side). Thank goodness we have access to lower Atlantic (caribbean) as well.

I guess all areas have problems....but am wondering where is worse?

The problem is the fish migrate. The put a tracker on some tuna and saw it traveled all the way from japanese coast to the US coast.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/08/ ... erica.html

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
GorillaHead The gut is full of DHT! Whats the connection to hair? Digestion 21
C Whats the verdict on Niacin/Niacinamide? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 26
A Whats Going On With My Belly Button? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J Whats Everyones Thoughts On Covid 19 All These Months Later? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 121
L Whats Wring With Me? Metabolism 66
ImprovingDaily Whats A Good Dose Of Selegiline To Start Off With? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 20
A Lab Results - High LDL, Vit D Good Whats Going On Ask For Help or Advice 6
A Whats A Good Red Light Set Up On A College Budget? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Y whats ray peats view on EMF? Anyone know about this EMF shield? Genes, Radiation 7
Y whats this new craze - thetruthaboutcancer.com Miscellaneous Health Discussions 9
J Whats Missing From Your Life? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 13
B Whats Your Resting BPM? Monitoring Vitals 2
biggirlkisss whats bad about alkaloids [potatoe peel] Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Ray Peat Potato Protein 1
D Fish antibiotics Ask For Help or Advice 56
GelatinGoblin Which fish is best to eat in-terms of PUFA, Mercury? And maybe pollution, nuclear waste... Seafood 4
W In The USSR, If You Wanted Dessert, Then You Took Fish Oil! Society 18
Lokzo Fish Oil Supplements Improve Testicular Health: Study Of 1,679 Healthy Young Men Scientific Studies 30
J Bumpy Skin And White Fish/Iodine Skin 0
md_a Fish Oil-Fed Mice Have Impaired Resistance To Influenza Infection Scientific Studies 0
Fletcher Fish Oil Supplements Offer 'little Or No Benefit' Against Cancer Diet, Recipes 3
J Prostatitis And Fish Oil Ask For Help or Advice 48
Kingpinguin Looking At Birds To Understand PUFA? High Body Temp Still Eats Seeds And Fatty Fish Animals 59
C Is Fish Something To Be Avoided Or Included? Diet 0
A Emodin Even Rescues Fish From Oxidized Fish Oil Scientific Studies 1
haidut Fish Feel Pain Just Like Other Animals And Humans Scientific Studies 15
Peatogenic Fish Head Broth Recipes 2
T Pregnancy, Omega-3/DHA/Fish Oil, Child Development Diet 14
DaveFoster John McDougall: Toxic Effects Of Vegetable And Fish Oils Fats 3
J Fish Oil Supplements 7
Dessert_All_Day Rhonda Patrick Is Mega-dosing Fish Oil Miscellaneous Health Discussions 61
DaveFoster Fish Oil Attenuates "Brain Zaps" From Antidepressant Withdrawal Articles & Scientific Studies 4
M Is Omega-3 Fish Oil Bad? Ask For Help or Advice 94
AlphaCog High Intake Of Fatty Fish, But Not Of Lean Fish, Reduced TAG And Increased HDL-cholesterol Scientific Studies 1
T Fish “Umbrella” Protects Stem Cells From Sun Scientific Studies 0
L Can't Stop Fish Oil Supplementation Diet 30
SOMO "Fermented" Fish Oil/Oxidized PUFA Causes 5 Heart Attacks Diet 13
haidut The Protein In Fish, Not Omega-3, May Be Protective Against Brain Disease Scientific Studies 15
Mito Fish Oil (DHA) Fails To Help In A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial Articles & Scientific Studies 0
W Fish And Dairy Diet, Recipes 8
D Am I Right To Assume That A 1000mg Fish Oil = 1 Gram Of PUFA? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
GutFeeling Good News If U Live In A Hot Place, Brazilian Fish Contain 0,01 Pufa Per 100g Seafood 6
T Omega 3 Fish Oil Injection Saves Brain Cells In Mice W/ Stroke Ask For Help or Advice 2
S What Happens To Fish Oil In The Body? Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 1
T Omega-3 Deficiency In Psychiatric Disease, Fish Oil Opinions? Ask For Help or Advice 41
D How To Undo Large Fish Oil Supplementation? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 20
cyclops Stay Away From Raw Fish! Diet 23
M Fish Consumption And Diabetes Risk Health 1
yerrag Do Fish Also Need Carbon Dioxide As Much As We Do? Animals 11
Mito Antidepressants Found In Fish Brains In Great Lakes Region Articles & Scientific Studies 5
R Microplastics Found In Supermarket Fish, Shellfish Diet 5