Whats up with Fukushima and are fish from pacific safe?

Discussion in 'Diet, Recipes' started by freal, Oct 18, 2013.

1. freal

freal Member

Has Ray Peat said anything about this. Its been like over 2 years and the japanese havent still fixed the problem jesus christ. They released so much radioactive water into the Pacific in this 2 years and they are releasing it even more the last few months.I never really thought of it, but I looked today on my alaskan pollack bag of frozen fish, it says FAO61, well thats around Japan. :eek: :shock: I though alascan pollack was from Alaska, not from Vladivostok or Fukushima.

Also one of my canned tuna said FAO 77 :eek: , so it looks like I am forced to switch to some atlantic tuna.

2. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

From the email depository:

viewtopic.php?p=26657#p26657

3. OP
    freal

freal Member

The most radioactive fish caught, named Mike the Murosai is radioactive at 254,000 becquerels per kilogram. It would be interesting if we can compare this radiation risk to a dental x-ray.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-1 ... -fukushima

But I found you cant convert Bq to Sv that simply.

4. leo

leo Member

Very concerning....I eat a lot of seafood.

Does anyone know how far down the coast of the Americas it has gone? I know I read where the California coast has been affected, but does it go as far down as Central America? (pacific side). Thank goodness we have access to lower Atlantic (caribbean) as well.

I guess all areas have problems....but am wondering where is worse?

5. OP
    freal

freal Member

The problem is the fish migrate. The put a tracker on some tuna and saw it traveled all the way from japanese coast to the US coast.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/08/ ... erica.html