whats this new craze - thetruthaboutcancer.com

yoshiesque

anyone watched this? its like some 9 part video series. talks about detox to get ur immune system in shape among all sorts of other things.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I couldn't get access to most of the episodes. Did you see the episode about fruits in particular red pigments. But did you notice how they said that fruit contained fructose and sucrose. Isn't sucrose sugar, but demonised it because it increases insulin and upregulates all those insulin receptors on tumour cells. They said that because fruits contain fibre and all those phytonutrients that it was protective. No mention of potassium though. From what I saw it had some interesting stuff.

Milkmeateggs

I am not sure of this new series, but there was a series last year I mostly watched, haven't watched any of the new ones yet. There was some good info in it, but also some bad, for example I think there was a guy who is the CEO of a supplement company saying how sugar feeds cancer, not sure what is his advice then? Eat a zero carb diet? Whatever you eat can turn into sugar, and you have a constant blood sugar level.

mt_dreams

Personally, unless I had cancer and was trying to flood myself with lots of different thought points on the subject prior to creating a plan of action, I would stay away from these interview packages. There's just too much mis-information to accept. Not to mention there's one of these 40 hour summit packages for every sort of ailment/issue, and they are constantly doing new ones every year ... it's too much for the general viewer. For some reason I think this is more about these speakers trying to get new followers than anything else, which is not to say there isn't decent nuggets of info contained within the interviews.

I watched the series (for free as I would NEVER pay for something like this)....some of it was good information, some of it was lame, IMHO.

There was one doc interviewed in southern Cali who grows his own fruit organically, he had good things to say about fruit consumption. Mercola and others demonize fructose as usual, stating that sugar actually CAUSES cancer, tho they never talk about the wasting (cachexia) that occurs in cancer and how fruit consumption could spare muscle tissue and prolong life.

Russell Blaylock extols the virtues of naringenin (in OJ, yay!) and warns AGAINST high glutamine foods like beans and mushrooms (and supps), so that was nice to hear for a change.

Parts I liked the most: The overall theme of taking responsibility for one's own health, not being driven by fear in to making rash health decisions, preaching the truth about ionizing radiation (mammograms) and the whole "breast cancer awareness" campaign which is really all about $$$. Also, the focus on changing the cellular environment/reducing stress/balancing emotions etc.

supercoolguy

Like so many infomercial doctors, band wagon doctors into marketing for profit. I have so little trust in sh*t-heads with ambiguous intentions. Even on PBS.

goodandevil

supercoolguy said:
Like so many infomercial doctors, band wagon doctors into marketing for profit. I have so little trust in sh*t-heads with ambiguous intentions. Even on PBS.

PBS- Professional bull**** Sellers. They're the worst of them all because they feign rigour.

goodandevil

goodandevil said:
post 106333
supercoolguy said:

PBS- Professional bull**** Sellers. They're the worst of them all because they feign rigour.

That goes for Ken Burns, too

Last edited by a moderator:

supercoolguy

goodandevil said:
post 106334
goodandevil said:
post 106333
supercoolguy said:

KB recent special on cancer: The Emperor of all maladies, I cringed seeing the treatment protocols recommended/issued by the doctors ...at least KB is not selling a supplement or 11wk course on wasting peoples time.
Doctors now days are pluged into a rigid education system, then pooped-out into hospitals armed with a carpenters tool box & an assumed badge of credibility. (Assh*oles)

goodandevil

supercoolguy said:
post 106426
goodandevil said:
post 106334
goodandevil said:
post 106333
supercoolguy said:

KB recent special on cancer: The Emperor of all maladies, I cringed seeing the treatment protocols recommended/issued by the doctors ...at least KB is not selling a supplement or 11wk course on wasting peoples time.
Doctors now days are pluged into a rigid education system, then pooped-out into hospitals armed with a carpenters tool box & an assumed badge of credibility. (Assh*oles)
Wow i didnt even know that was ken burns, i was thinking about what a lie his civil war series was, total shot in the dark. What an ***hole indeed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals