What’s the truth around the monoclonal antibodies against Covid

Lollipop2

DeSantis mentioned it a few days ago.
Apparently way more effective than Remdesvir (spelling might be wrong) but is an expensive treatment most can not afford. I imagine the aspirin, Vit D, zinc, progesterone, MB, lysine thyroid will have you more than covered.

yerrag

I read an article in Off-Guardian about it. Says they aren't proven nor adequately tested and most if not all are released under EUA. May fall under the same category of scam as with mRNA vaccine and PCR Testing.

yerrag

Velve921

Let’s say there cone a point where having the monoclonal antibody treatment is acceptable so one can travel, is it worth getting so this is possible? Or is it problematic like the vaccine?

(I know nothing about the treatment)

Beastmode

DeSantis mentioned it a few days ago.
"Monoclonal antibody treatments can be prescribed by health care providers to individuals 12 years of age and older who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and are at high risk for severe illness and hospitalization. However, at Governor DeSantis’ direction, there is currently a standing order in Florida signed by the State Surgeon General that allows patients to receive this treatment without a prescription or referral if administered by an eligible health care provider. Such referrals are not required at any of the State of Florida monoclonal antibody treatment sites and treatments are available at no cost to patients."

gaze

Peter Mccullough has been strongly in favor of patients receiving monoclonal antibodies as an outpatient therapy to avoid hospitalizations. Peat is a fan of Mccullough but i'm not sure what he thinks about the safety of the antibody treatment itself. i'd be interested to know if anyone's asked him about it

No one seems to be discussing or listing the possible drawbacks or negative side effects from taking this pharma drug.

belcanto

Just a side note - I know a lady who was prescribed monoclonal antibodies for her COVID since she'd had heart surgeries. She was with seven other people who were receiving the infusions, some seriously ill. She was the only one who hadn't received a COVID jab!

jondoeuk

Apparently way more effective than Remdesvir (spelling might be wrong) but is an expensive treatment most can not afford. I imagine the aspirin, Vit D, zinc, progesterone, MB, lysine thyroid will have you more than covered.

Remdesivir has far more of an impact the earlier it is given.

Zpol

From my understanding of RPs statements regarding the body's immune response, you want to avoid a situation where the adaptive immune system is activated to a noticable extent. Basically, a robust antibody response is what you should try to avoid.
I think this is consistent with what he says about antibodies in the context of autoimmune disease and the role of macrophages. That being, the process by which the macrophages come in and clean up the cellular debris after the antibodies kill off the so called 'infected' cells, is a very inflammatory at degenerative process. So, I'm thinking, that if you asked him about the monoclonal antibody therapy, he'd say something along the lines of.. I think it's better to have nutrition and vit D and prevent a noticable infection all together.
(This is just my understanding, not meant to put words in his mouth).

As we know though, many of our friends and family members are in nowhere near healthy enough state to fight this cytokine storm that is going around. And monoclonal antibodies seem to benefit people in that state at least in the short term. We have no data on long term effects. But we do know the antibodies cross react with many different human tissues (esp
human placental protein syncytin) so there are definitely potential issues.

Birdie

Peter Mccullough has been strongly in favor of patients receiving monoclonal antibodies as an outpatient therapy to avoid hospitalizations. Peat is a fan of Mccullough but i'm not sure what he thinks about the safety of the antibody treatment itself. i'd be interested to know if anyone's asked him about it
I am interested too.

Beastmode

From my understanding of RPs statements regarding the body's immune response, you want to avoid a situation where the adaptive immune system is activated to a noticable extent. Basically, a robust antibody response is what you should try to avoid.
I think this is consistent with what he says about antibodies in the context of autoimmune disease and the role of macrophages. That being, the process by which the macrophages come in and clean up the cellular debris after the antibodies kill off the so called 'infected' cells, is a very inflammatory at degenerative process. So, I'm thinking, that if you asked him about the monoclonal antibody therapy, he'd say something along the lines of.. I think it's better to have nutrition and vit D and prevent a noticable infection all together.
(This is just my understanding, not meant to put words in his mouth).

As we know though, many of our friends and family members are in nowhere near healthy enough state to fight this cytokine storm that is going around. And monoclonal antibodies seem to benefit people in that state at least in the short term. We have no data on long term effects. But we do know the antibodies cross react with many different human tissues (esp
human placental protein syncytin) so there are definitely potential issues.

Seems pretty close to what Peat's stance is on antibodies. A lot of bragging from people who say "I have the antibodies now so I'm happy!"

I've never heard Peat say anything about antibodies and relating them to a stress response.

Living in Florida I have access, apparently, to free treatments if I were to get the "rona!"

Again, Peat is so far ahead of the times, that this is another example of something that might help in the short term, but with a potential long term cost.

Zpol

A lot of bragging from people who say "I have the antibodies now so I'm happy!"
Yeah, to these people I wish to say... Congratulations, you're one step closer to autoimmune disease.
I've never heard Peat say anything about antibodies and relating them to a stress response.
Technically, I believe it's more the aftermath that is the cause of the stress response that people refer to as an "autoimmune flare up". Basically, the antibodies kill the cells which are no longer functioning properly, and then the body sends in a clean up crew to get rid of the cellular debris, it's at this point a person will be feeling the autoimmune flare up symptomatically. (Plus the antibodies are not singularly targeted and so they will be destroying proteins that are supposed to be there which will also cause a stress response).

I wish I could remember specifically where he talks about autoimmune and cellular debris but I've read and listened to so much it's hard to recall.

Lejeboca

I wish I could remember specifically where he talks about autoimmune and cellular debris but I've read and listened to so much it's hard to recall.
I recall Ray's mentioning this on several occasions. This post by Haidut corroborates this:

yerrag

Remdesivir has far more of an impact the earlier it is given.
Wait till the patent expires and something more expensive and more profitable and with more "evidence" takes its place.

But for now, you can add the bill to the unpaid college tuition debt of the patient. Spare no expense, life is precious.

Still, they can't wait for approval so they filed an EUA last May.

And I have to trust these studies, and not clinical results of existing products proven safe already, right?