What's the rationale behind Ray Peat drinking lidocaine to cure colitis?

dabdabdab

Thats a complicated issue, because diabetes and weight loss management don’t necessarily go hand in hand. For weight loss, calories out has to be greater than calories in, provided there is no gross hormonal imbalance or outstanding inflammation. So a diet conducive to weight loss, once calories are somewhat reined in, will be one that avoids hypoglycaemic drops (to reduce cravings), doesnt add unnecessary inflammation and supports a good hormonal balance. These 3 objectives will be achievable in different ways for different people, and experimentation is the way. However, some patterns are helpful, like the fact that starch and pufa usually are inflammatory and that adequate protein and fat support steroid levels.

Diabetes (again notwithstanding chronic inflammation, which is diabetogenic) is a more singular issue of excess fatty acid oxidation, which directly impairs glucose tolerance. Aspirin, niacinamide, meldonium and other inhibitors of lipolysis and beta oxidation are directly therapeutic for diabetes(but they can increase weight in some people). Thiamine can also help. Substances that oppose cortisol also help since it directly causes high blood sugar.
Amazing, Thanks again

Vileplume

Thanks that information is gold. I'll try the well-boiled mushrooms and see if I can replicate the cyproheptadine magic. Do you also eat the mushrooms before sleep?
I'm excited to see how it works for you! I tried them before sleep and with all different meals. Personally, when eating them right before sleep, I find that they do help sleep quality , but they don't help with my morning poop. I seem to get faster transit time if I eat the boiled mushrooms with my dinner, and I still get the deep sleep benefits.

I'm excited to see how it works for you! I tried them before sleep and with all different meals. Personally, when eating them right before sleep, I find that they do help sleep quality , but they don't help with my morning poop. I seem to get faster transit time if I eat the boiled mushrooms with my dinner, and I still get the deep sleep benefits.

Great tip, thanks for sharing your experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals