What's The Proper Way Of Doing Water Fast?

Astolfo

Am I supposed to eat a little, such as few eggs, in every 24 hours or so or do I have to avoid from all foods? Can I eat low calorie foods troughout the day? (carrots, etc?)

Sila

Avoid all foods, drink water only 500ml per hour max, no electrolyte supplements.

Runenight201

I’ve been experimenting with short fast a decent amount over the past couple weeks. These periods of avoiding food help to give my digestive system a break and allow my body to reach some type of baseline, however, it seems as if I eventually reach a plateau of benefits where eventually I become very hungry and weak and rabid, and I feel my body begin to degrade. I don’t think it’s good to go past this point. The body becomes incapable of doing anything productive in this state. Any external stress is immensely difficult to deal with, and the desire to engage with the world falls apart. I lose the will to do anything besides reside in the comfortable environment of my personal living quarters.

The water fast is useful up to maybe 8-12 hours, especially if outside getting sun, but id recommend breaking it after that with some very nourishing foods, and then begin digesting and then running on that nourishment for an appropriate amount of time.

We need energy to accomplish objectives in the world. Good food provides the purest energy. Fasting may be a good opportunity to reset and clear up the body and mind a bit, but I question it’s benefits past 12 hours or so. I’ve personally noticed my productive output and ability to interact with my world in any meaningfully capacity to decline as I go longer and longer without food. There never has been a rebound effect where I suddenly gain more motivation or energy as I break some fasting threshold.

OP
A

Astolfo

@Dainslief @Runenight201 So just avoiding foods for a while (12-16 hours) then eating normally will be enough to dump excess minerals (copper, iron etc.) out of my system?

Starship

Add some salt into water if you are fasting for few days. Salt helps to keep electrolytes inside you. Don't drink too much water if you are doing longer fasts because you will pee electrolytes out. I now believe in a theory that it's best not to fast longer than 5 days because there is just no need for it.

OP
A

Astolfo

Add some salt into water if you are fasting for few days. Salt helps to keep electrolytes inside you. Don't drink too much water if you are doing longer fasts because you will pee electrolytes out. I now believe in a theory that it's best not to fast longer than 5 days because there is just no need for it.

can I drink ACV with NaHCO, lemon juice for vit C, or some carrots throughout the day? I heard C helps to getting rid of copper.

Sila

Only water should be consumed, you want to your body to use its reserves. There is no need for anything else not even electrolytes. Search Loren lockman for water fasting.

Ideally it is better to do one long term fast 5 days or more than to do everyday i.e. intermittent fasting.

Memento

Depends what are you trying to achieve? Different styles of fasting produce different results. Explore your options starting from intermittent, increase your fasted time with every fast and why not go for a few days of dry fasting. Read, experiment, ask questions.

OP
A

Astolfo

Okay then, 5-6 days, only water. But maybe should take some salt and lite-salt for potassium and mag oxide for magnesium.

Depends what are you trying to achieve?
I'm mainly trying to eliminate possible mineral overloads. Copper toxicity (which gives paradoxical deficiency), iron toxicity, etc.

Memento

Mineral balancing sounds like something that would better respond to dietary changes over longer periods. That is if you know what you need to actually balance. Fasting might still feel beneficial, who knows.

Starship

can I drink ACV with NaHCO, lemon juice for vit C, or some carrots throughout the day? I heard C helps to getting rid of copper.
ACV is fine. NaHCO no idea what it is. Lemon juice I don't know. Carrots is food and that will not be fasting. I've got no idea how to get rid of copper, I imagine eating zinc would be one of them.

Memento

Ok, I actually went quickly through your post history . What makes you think you have excess copper? You actually posted low ceruloplasmin and iron results. With gut and digestion problems, how would you end up with excess anything? You should really make a log or document everything in a single thread.

OP
A

Astolfo

What makes you think you have excess copper? You actually posted low ceruloplasmin and iron results. With gut and digestion problems, how would you end up with excess anything?

Kind of a made up thought because there is no other explanation i know of. If I had been copper deficient, eating liver and chocolate should have made me cured unless there is a problem with copper absorption as well. Copper toxicity made partially sense because it explains the deficiency symptoms (low ceru/high free copper[I haven't tested this one] and paradoxical copper deficiency). Also I have some histamine issues like sneezing after every meal, etc. Histamine could be broken down by excess copper and this could affect methylation as well, which is a topic i never looked upon at my early days of pssd so I pretty much don't know anything. My iron, ferritin was pretty low and folate was high in 2016 before my doctor put me on iron/zinc/C supplement. I guess my free iron was always been high since the 2016, while I got pssd at april 2018. I never paid attention to iron because I had no symptoms in between two years.

Documenting everything in a single thread is very hard to do now because many tiny details are spread throughout my different forum account posts and I unfortunately can't remember all of them. The second reason is my language, i deteoriated so much and able to barely communicate; though now thanks to starting doing waterfasting my mind is a bit cleaner just now.

Memento

Also I have some histamine issues like sneezing after every meal, etc.
Wouldn´t that indicate possible lack of DAO, which is a copper based enzyme.

Gut issues = excess serotonin which gets broken up by MAO, copper based enzyme also.

Anyways, don´t get hung up on single nutrient interactions, when you seem to have problems in the bigger picture. Focus on the gut as that is where your fasting will have the quickest impact.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals