Whats the "Peat guideline" that dont suit you health wise?

清貴杉山

As the title said,whats your case?

In my case i can eat several raw pears and feeling excellent gut and energy wise,i tried to do cooked apples and pears but i had a massive bloat and farting all the day

John mcclain

Coffee...I know it's nutz to say that on here but everytime I take coffee out of my diet my health in ALL aspects gets better and everytime I add it back in it slowly gets worse...I'm a big coffee fan but I'm convinced by going through the ups and downs of coming on and off it shouldn't be in my body...

清貴杉山

Coffee...I know it's nutz to say that on here but everytime I take coffee out of my diet my health in ALL aspects gets better and everytime I add it back in it slowly gets worse...I'm a big coffee fan but I'm convinced by going through the ups and downs of coming on and off it shouldn't be in my body...
damn,coffee is a big shot here

peter88

Eating lots of ripe pineapple, does a much better job at cleaning my gut than white button mushrooms

Herbie

OJ and beet/cane sugar cause stress reaction but pineapple juice is good.

I think the diet is lacking in salt, some starch plus beef like a cheeseburger containing salt is very stabilising for me.

I find that taking Rays ideas as big picture, not too serious works.

What hasn’t worked for me is taking everything he says seriously and focusing on every little detail.

InChristAlone

Caffeine doesn't work for me and hasn't since I crashed my health with lack of sleep and stress. I did get a pretty good stretch of good effects but as soon as any stress comes up then coffee doesn't work and unfortunately when you are habituated you can't just not drink it on the stressful days without going into withdrawal so I'm better off without. Hate feeling like I have to use something even if it causes anxiety.

清貴杉山

Caffeine doesn't work for me and hasn't since I crashed my health with lack of sleep and stress. I did get a pretty good stretch of good effects but as soon as any stress comes up then coffee doesn't work and unfortunately when you are habituated you can't just not drink it on the stressful days without going into withdrawal so I'm better off without. Hate feeling like I have to use something even if it causes anxiety.
ii just have 2 options on really stressfull days/times,coffee or smoke,there were times that i was doing both,but i choose coffee over smoking ciggaretes

-Luke-

Same for me. If I'm in a stressed state the caffeine/coffee amplifies that state and it gets even worse. I can have a coffee without problems when I feel good.

I also have a problem with gelatin. Maybe some histamine/glutamate reaction? I have some pure glycine powder and prefer foods like shrimp/seafood over muscle meat.

What hasn’t worked for me is taking everything he says seriously and focusing on every little detail.
Correct. The most important "Peat guideline" for me is "Perceive. Think. Act." And I guess Peat would agree (even though I can't speak for him). There are some pretty basic and obvious guideline like low pufa, twice as much carbs as protein or more, good calcium/phosphorus ratio, balancing out amino acids like methionine/tryptophan/cysteine with glycine/... but many people seem to be looking for step-by-step instructions and meal plans these days - without any context and without individual experiences. They eat food X even though they can't tolerate food X. But some dude on the internet says it's a great food, so I have to eat it, right?

L

Lord Cola

Vitamin D supplements make me feel as if my whole body has become brittle. No difference whether I apply it on my skin, take K2, or try different brands. Sunlight feels fine as long as it's closer to red.

Sefton10

Same for me. I love the taste and the ritual, but no matter how I try to make coffee work, it's a net negative every time.

milkboi

Eating sugar as only carb source. Firstly, can’t handle too much fructose and starch just seems to work better for me to get loaded up on glycogen.

InChristAlone

Eating sugar as only carb source. Firstly, can’t handle too much fructose and starch just seems to work better for me to get loaded up on glycogen.
Starch is also the best thing for glycogen for me. Particularly if it's slower digesting with some fat.

Perry Staltic

Can't drink coffee without feeling weird for some reason. Also disrupts my sleep cycle, I think it is the caffeine (rather than the acrylamides) because dark chocolate (65-85%) seems to do the same thing to sleep.

清貴杉山

ii just have 2 options on really stressfull days/times,coffee or smoke,there were times that i was doing both,but i choose coffee over smoking ciggaretes
Starch is also the best thing for glycogen for me. Particularly if it's slower digesting with some fat.
im getting to the same conclusion for me,i still eat plenty of fruits/honey and dairy but white rice and masa makes me feel insanely energetic

清貴杉山

Same for me. If I'm in a stressed state the caffeine/coffee amplifies that state and it gets even worse. I can have a coffee without problems when I feel good.

I also have a problem with gelatin. Maybe some histamine/glutamate reaction? I have some pure glycine powder and prefer foods like shrimp/seafood over muscle meat.

Correct. The most important "Peat guideline" for me is "Perceive. Think. Act." And I guess Peat would agree (even though I can't speak for him). There are some pretty basic and obvious guideline like low pufa, twice as much carbs as protein or more, good calcium/phosphorus ratio, balancing out amino acids like methionine/tryptophan/cysteine with glycine/... but many people seem to be looking for step-by-step instructions and meal plans these days - without any context and without individual experiences. They eat food X even though they can't tolerate food X. But some dude on the internet says it's a great food, so I have to eat it, right?
same here,the general guidelines are pretty good but the people here go crazy af,micromanaging everything like a schizofrenic person