What’s the maximum human life potential?

What do you think is the longest a human being could biologically live given the optimal diet, lifestyle and environment?

DiabloQueso

What they already do - around 110 years. Nearly everyone dies from a weak point. A bad heart, kidney failure, a stroke, cancer, etc. If you could fix that one problem, they might live another 10+ years. However, once people get into triple digits, they're essentially "dying of old age". It's not one weak link anymore - *everything* has deteriorated and is falling apart. When someone 108 dies of a stroke, had you prevented that stroke, their liver would have shut down in six months, they heart would fail in a year, they'd contract pneumonia and be unable to fight it off in 1.5 years, etc.

We have plenty of records from hundreds of years ago, and it was not unheard of for someone to make it to a little over 100. Median life expectancy has risen a lot, but true max age is largely unchanging. What little its bumped up is probably due mostly to climate controlled housing as I imagine most centurians are prone to die from extreme bouts of weather.

The only way to extend this would be to figure out how to keep stem cells renewing so they could repair/replace damaged cells.

Missenger

I have to wonder.

Twitter Embed.png

schultz

With optimal everything, including optimal ancestors and optimal environment then possibly forever.

tankasnowgod

What do you think is the longest a human being could biologically live given the optimal diet, lifestyle and environment?

Infinity. There is no limit. I believe that humans could potentially live to be hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years old (or older), and be in excellent physical shape for the vast majority (99+%) of that time.

But, I seriously doubt we would see that in this lifetime. If there are people among us who live deep into the hundreds if not thousands of years old, they are not calling any attention to themselves.

Mauritio

I think theres was as thread about it on the forum already. I think peat or georgi mentioned some russian dude who supposedly died at the age of around 160.
Someone also asked how old one could get if you restrict pufa from a young age ( around 20)

tankasnowgod

I think theres was as thread about it on the forum already. I think peat or georgi mentioned some russian dude who supposedly died at the age of around 160.
Someone also asked how old one could get if you restrict pufa from a young age ( around 20)
Yep, that's Shirali Muslimov, and he supposedly lived to 168 years old-

Mauritio

Yep, that's Shirali Muslimov, and he supposedly lived to 168 years old-

Yep that was him ! He ate fruits, vegetables, wholemeal bread, chicken broth, low-fat cheese and yogurt and lived at high altitude.
He was basically peating before anybody else.

OP
SatoshiPufamoto
Yep that was him ! He ate fruits, vegetables, wholemeal bread, chicken broth, low-fat cheese and yogurt and lived at high altitude.
Sounds like the perfect combination of diet, lifestyle and environment

ursidae

Vegetables whole meal bread and chicken broth //if not defatted// are not peating. The starch component of these centenarian’s diets always gets ignored here, or the fact that they eat a lot less than 2.5-3000 cal a day.

theantagonist

I believe living near a body of water or river that has rich soil, containing lots of minerals is the key.
Getting required vitamins
+ adding ray peat principles and stress-free life

TheSir

With optimal everything, including optimal ancestors and optimal environment then possibly forever.
Forever is a long time to avoid accumulation of damage caused by accidental stressors. The 'optimal' would really have to mean 'unfailingly absolutely perfect'. Which begins to close in on the definition of the afterlife.

PxD

Vegetables whole meal bread and chicken broth //if not defatted// are not peating. The starch component of these centenarian’s diets always gets ignored here, or the fact that they eat a lot less than 2.5-3000 cal a day.
Assuming this story is true: protein from muscle meats seems absent, which would restrict cysteine, methionine and tryptophan. Peat has written about how restricting these aminos should significantly increase lifespan.

Perry Staltic

Assuming this story is true: protein from muscle meats seems absent, which would restrict cysteine, methionine and tryptophan. Peat has written about how restricting these aminos should significantly increase lifespan.

Cysteine is the rate limiting precursor to the synthesis of glutathione, arguably the most important antioxidant. Doesn't make sense to limit it.