What's The Latest Thinking On Beef *Organ* Supplements?

PopRBop

I couldn't find any info in my quick searching on "beef organs". There are a number of vendors selling beef organ supplements bother here and online that tout health benefits. Here's a listing of one such supplement's ingredients:
  • Brain (Bovine) Approximately 65mg
  • Heart (Bovine) Approximately 65mg
  • Kidney (Bovine) Approximately 65mg
  • Liver (Bovine) Approximately 65mg
  • Lung (Bovine) Approximately 65mg
  • Pancreas (Bovine) Approximately 65mg
  • Whole Spleen (Bovine) Approximately 65mg
And another one...

• Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) - 600mg
  • Grass Fed Heart (Bovine) - 600mg
  • Grass Fed Kidney (Bovine) - 600mg
  • Grass Fed Pancreas (Bovine) - 600mg
  • Grass Fed Spleen (Bovine) - 600mg
But I have questions.

1. Are there benefits from certain organs (of course liver is good), but not others?
2. Are there some organs that should be avoided completely? If so, why (contamination, detrimental compounds, etc)
3. Is it worth buying the supplements that are quite expensive compared to their sources?
4. Does anyone obtain these fresh offal organs directly from butchers or other sources?

Maljam

Why not buy the organs fresh and cook them up? Having them dried and into a supplement just seems like a bad idea to me.

Recoen

“Desiccated liver contains oxidized tryptophan, cysteine, vitamin A, ubiquinone, and many other harmful things.”
-RP

OP
P

PopRBop

Okay. Got the message. However, when traveling away from civilization, I can necessarily carry around a cooler of fresh/frozen liver with me. Hence, the supps. (I do regularly eat real calf liver, FYI)

Now, the heart of my question is concerning the other organs, and whether there are any benefits to consuming those... in particular, heart, pancreas, kidneys, and spleen. Might as well consider the thymus, even though I don't see it listed in the supplements above.

Kram

“Desiccated liver contains oxidized tryptophan, cysteine, vitamin A, ubiquinone, and many other harmful things.”
-RP
Any idea if it makes a difference whether the product is freeze dried vs. heat? Wouldn’t this mean that all organ glandular supplements are probably dangerous? That doesn’t seem likely to me but what do I know..

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Any idea if it makes a difference whether the product is freeze dried vs. heat? Wouldn’t this mean that all organ glandular supplements are probably dangerous? That doesn’t seem likely to me but what do I know..

Liver is uniquely high in a few of those things notably vit A. I'm still gonna slonk my dessicated organs but it's not something thats devoid of cost or risk

Maljam

Okay. Got the message. However, when traveling away from civilization, I can necessarily carry around a cooler of fresh/frozen liver with me. Hence, the supps. (I do regularly eat real calf liver, FYI)

Now, the heart of my question is concerning the other organs, and whether there are any benefits to consuming those... in particular, heart, pancreas, kidneys, and spleen. Might as well consider the thymus, even though I don't see it listed in the supplements above.

How long are you away from civilisation? You should be able to last a while without eating liver I'd imagine? It doesn't necessarily need to be eaten weekly or anything like that.

I'm sure there are benefits to consuming all the organs, they all have different levels of nutrients and things within them. Whether it would be significantly beneficial to your health or not, I'm not sure. There are plenty of healthy people that never eat organs, there are plenty of unhealthy people that don't too.

shine

Judging by the numerous positive reports regarding the Ancestral Supplements brand and my own experience with them I think organ supplements can be very beneficial.
Liver, heart, male optimization formular (MOFO) and organ mix have all been great so far.

Why is he describing ubiquinone (oxidized Q10) as harmful? Recently he said in a Danny Roddy podcast that the reduced form (ubiquinol) that is being sold for a high price isn't that great.

Anyways, I am feeling energetic, happy and kind-hearted when I supplement heart which should have a lot of harmful oxidized ubiquinone.

Recoen

Judging by the numerous positive reports regarding the Ancestral Supplements brand and my own experience with them I think organ supplements can be very beneficial.
Liver, heart, male optimization formular (MOFO) and organ mix have all been great so far.

Why is he describing ubiquinone (oxidized Q10) as harmful? Recently he said in a Danny Roddy podcast that the reduced form (ubiquinol) that is being sold for a high price isn't that great.

Anyways, I am feeling energetic, happy and kind-hearted when I supplement heart which should have a lot of harmful oxidized ubiquinone.
I’m also doing really well with ancestral supplements too.
Once I finish what I have, I’m going to try the life giving store ones a try (already using their NDT) because they don’t seem to be mixed with liver.

golder

Hey man, are you still getting benefit from the MOFO supplement?

shine

Hey man, are you still getting benefit from the MOFO supplement?

I've started test base since posting that. I regularly use it on my balls but they don't seem to shrink. I've been taking 2-3 capsules MOFO daily during that period and still think it's beneficial.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals