What’s the ideal ratio for mixed tocopherols (alpha/gamma/delta/beta) ?

Kray

Look up ADM products as they have it in bulk. There's a specific thread on here somewhere, but you can always ask for samples (say you're a business) from them. The one they sent us was a pretty good size. We asked for their vitamin e product that had the highest delta. You can get the different ones if desired as they're nice about getting them out to you.
What is the amount of delta in yours? Why delta, rather than gamma?
I just came across this brand: Thyro-Protect Vitamin E Complex
Not sure how it compares to ratio of your brand.

Kray

I have no choice but to compound my own vitamin E with cyclodextrins, as it makes the vitamin E more effective in removing foam cells that contain oxidized LDL. The term "oxidized LDL" is a misnomer because Ray says they continue to oxidize and not only that, they are even a stronger source of lipid peroxidation. They should be called "oxidizing LDL."

I'm not supplementing any E now. I think I'm doing a good job avoiding PUFAs but when I eat out I'll be sure to take vitamin E when I go home.

The Thorne vitamin E is expensive and they say they have a special process for making the product pure or something like that. And the premium is on account of the source not being soy. At the very least, they still have a good product. There was one brand I checked out before that liked to talk non-GMO yada yada, but sells at a high price in the hope some gullible consumer would jump at it being non-GMO but it really did not have a good mix of vitamin E isomers. And to top it off, the vitamin E was mixed with PUFA.

I personally don't mind that soy is the source of the vitamin E as long as the soy is non-GMO. But that is hard to find it seems, as I believe many brands don't specify their vitamin E comes from non-GMO soy. And if it's not stated, I have to assume that it's GMO.
@yerrag

What do you think of the ratios in this vitamin E?

Kray

Peat told me that he believed it had better anti-inflammatory effects than the others.
Thanks for confirming. After I posted this, I found your post referencing Peat's comment. Does the mix in the brand I linked look good? On another thread someone mentioned they also used this brand.

yerrag

@yerrag

What do you think of the ratios in this vitamin E?

I wouldn't know what the best ratio is, but that looks fine to me.

Beastmode

Thanks for confirming. After I posted this, I found your post referencing Peat's comment. Does the mix in the brand I linked look good? On another thread someone mentioned they also used this brand.
I would have to try it to give an honest opinion.

The sample we got was good from AMP and @haidut seems to have good effects as well in my experiences thus far.

Kray

I would have to try it to give an honest opinion.

The sample we got was good from AMP and @haidut seems to have good effects as well in my experiences thus far.
Thanks- if you happen to try it, let me know. I just started taking mine, at 1/2 the dose recommended on the bottle. It doesn't have a bitter or heavy taste, and has the consistency of honey. I didn't find anything about their source but assume it. I had some trouble finding ADM's product, would you mind providing a direct link to the product page, and how would I attempt to order if I'm not a healthcare provider?

I compared Thorne Ultimate E values to Forefront Health, and they are fairly comparable. If I am not able to get the ADM, i might give Thorne a try after this.

May I ask, how often and how much vitamin E you take? I don't have a PUFA-free diet (who does?) but I am just wondering what the consensus is here on regular supplementing of vitamin E? One of my oncerns is blood-thinning effect. Any others?

Kray

The skin is a tough one to call for me. I have issues myself that is hard to resolve. In fact, it was my desire to rid my skin of keloids that got me into into my health journey. While my keloids continue to pester me to no end, I'm glad that in trying to fix it I ended up fixing myself in other areas.

I hope you don't mind I refer to eczema as skin allergy just to simplify the discussion. I also don't really know when people mean the same thing when they say they have eczema.

The causes of skin allergies I can think of are poor digestion of protein that allows undigested protein to get into the blood; the injection of proteins via vaccination; pRobles with the usual path of excretion of waste such as kidneys causing the excretion to be thru the skin...

There are some more that I currently cannot recall that is microbial in nature or also involve toxins.
Just circling back to the keloid issue, since you referenced it in context of our discussion. Had you ever read this post and link?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals