What's The Cause Of Chest And Stomach Fat That Doesn't Leave?

K

Kratos

i started gaining weight when i was around 10 and got obese at maybe 12 years old. my voice started getting deeper at that time so there must have been a testosterone to estrogen conversion event that happened thats still going on right now. i have no problem putting on muscle and my testosterone has reached near 600 recently so my body is capable of reaching decent levels. i am now 30 and i still have hanging sagging chest and stomach fat. could it have been vaccines or antibiotics that did permanent damage? i've tried so many things and nothing has worked and it's pretty sad =(

InChristAlone

I'm sure you haven't tried everything. How about light therapy? Have you ever tried being outside very often in the summer?

OP
K

Kratos

my vitamin d isn't that low but i've been getting a lot of sunlight during the day the past two months again, and ive never tried light therapy.

Fractality

That sounds hormone related to me. Have you ever done blood tests for testosterone, prolactin, cortisol, PTH?

aquaman

i know the solution is to go starch free but it's so hard. you think it can really work?

I don’t think it is.

I think the solution (for people who find it hard to drop the belly weight) is to meticulously plan your meals, track all your calories, eat the same quantity of food every day within a few hundred calories, get lots of low intensity movement / exercise and a few moderate intensity weight training sessions per week, and sleep in natural cycles, ie try to sleep 10pm-6am, and get light and movement as early as possible in the morning. Morning light, plus mild exercise (ie 45 minute walk) and proper circadian rhythms control cortisol and blood sugar.

I’ve started doing a lot of the Above (although only about 50%) and have easily dropped another 10 pounds in a month, on top of 10 pounds I dropped last year.

I drink zero milk, and have zero juice. Lots of fruit, always with starch and protein. No bread, pasta or rice though - causes high blood glucose for me.

Starting to get decent abs again.

Until I tracked calories, I was wildly miscalculating my eating. Much higher fat than I thought, much lower protein, and huge daily changes in calories.

I do around 180 protein, 60 fat, 280 carbs now.

OP
K

Kratos

i fast sometimes also.

That sounds hormone related to me. Have you ever done blood tests for testosterone, prolactin, cortisol, PTH?

yes my testosterone has been anywhere from 250-600. prolactin from 12-20, blood cortisol normal and never did saliva though, pth was near 24 and normal. took an estradiol sensitive test and it's normal at 22.. my tsh is anywhere from 2-3.5 and ray said that it should be near 1 right? i'm losing my hair also and have acne on my scalp which might be from a yeast thing going on.

I don’t think it is.

I think the solution (for people who find it hard to drop the belly weight) is to meticulously plan your meals, track all your calories, eat the same quantity of food every day within a few hundred calories, get lots of low intensity movement / exercise and a few moderate intensity weight training sessions per week, and sleep in natural cycles, ie try to sleep 10pm-6am, and get light and movement as early as possible in the morning. Morning light, plus mild exercise (ie 45 minute walk) and proper circadian rhythms control cortisol and blood sugar.

I’ve started doing a lot of the Above (although only about 50%) and have easily dropped another 10 pounds in a month, on top of 10 pounds I dropped last year.

I drink zero milk, and have zero juice. Lots of fruit, always with starch and protein. No bread, pasta or rice though - causes high blood glucose for me.

Starting to get decent abs again.

Until I tracked calories, I was wildly miscalculating my eating. Much higher fat than I thought, much lower protein, and huge daily changes in calories.

I do around 180 protein, 60 fat, 280 carbs now.

my problem could be gut health most likely, going starch free is hard. ive tried all exercise and it doesnt make any improvement. ive always thought it might be a water retention thing because my chest and stomach fat is all jiggly and goes slightly down with exercise but it goes right back up. its pretty depressing.

haidut

Forum Supporter
i started gaining weight when i was around 10 and got obese at maybe 12 years old. my voice started getting deeper at that time so there must have been a testosterone to estrogen conversion event that happened thats still going on right now. i have no problem putting on muscle and my testosterone has reached near 600 recently so my body is capable of reaching decent levels. i am now 30 and i still have hanging sagging chest and stomach fat. could it have been vaccines or antibiotics that did permanent damage? i've tried so many things and nothing has worked and it's pretty sad =(

Elevated baseline cortisol, or high cortisol/testosterone and/or cortisol/DHEA ratio(s). As you may have noticed, with increasing age this body type becomes very common and by the time a person is 60 both males and females look pretty much the same.
I would do blood tests for these hormones and add prolactin, vitamin D, and things like metabolic panel that will also show liver function.

OP
K

Kratos

Imgur

^ march 2019

Imgur

^ february 2019

Imgur

^ january 2019

Imgur

^ september 2018

Imgur

^ march 2018

Imgur

^ august 2017, 25 hydroxy vitamin d was at 50. possible that my body just needs more sunlight and vitamin d? my highest testosterone level was when my vitamin d was at the highest. i don't know.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Imgur

^ march 2019

Imgur

^ february 2019

Imgur

^ january 2019

Imgur

^ september 2018

Imgur

^ march 2018

Imgur

^ august 2017, 25 hydroxy vitamin d was at 50. possible that my body just needs more sunlight and vitamin d? my highest testosterone level was when my vitamin d was at the highest. i don't know.

Dude, your latest results from March 2019 show testosterone in the bottom 15% of the range and prolactin in the upper 10% of the range!!
What is it that you "don't know"??

OP
K

Kratos

ok so whats the solution then? my adrenals or thyroid are screwed?

haidut

Forum Supporter
ok so whats the solution then? my adrenals or thyroid are screwed?

Not the adrenals, because your cortisol is either in range or actually high, depending on what time of day the January 2019 test were taken. But thyroid is likely low considering TSH is above 3 on most tests, your prolactin is actually above range and your total T is below range on some tests. Why would you even write in your original post that your T is in the 600s when all of the tests show T is either low or barely above range?!? That low T, high prolactin, and possibly high cortisol explains directly your changing body type, as I suspected in my first post.
Your T was 567 only once (in August 2017) and has been dropping ever since while prolactin has been rising. I don't see anything confusing in your blood tests. Quite expected changes in body structure given these results.
There are some doctors on this forum so I am tagging them to see what they have to suggest. One of them is an endo, which is what this falls under.
@Rhino @RisingSun

OP
K

Kratos

i meant to say near 600 two years ago, not recently. and my prolactin has been in a swing up and down from 12 to 20 range. and i put on muscle very easily so its no problem there. so whats the solution to fix this imbalance? i've been to urologists, endocrinologists and pcp's and they are all useless. do i try thyroid glandulars?

and i think that my testosterone is getting aromatized to estrogen and i dont want to take an AI so im in a bad place right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

haidut

Forum Supporter
i meant to say near 600 two years ago, not recently. and my prolactin has been in a swing up and down from 12 to 20 range. and i put on muscle very easily so its no problem there. so whats the solution to fix this imbalance? i've been to urologists, endocrinologists and pcp's and they are all useless. do i try thyroid glandulars?

and i think that my testosterone is getting aromatized to estrogen and i dont want to take an AI so im in a bad place right now.

I can't provide medical advice. That's why I copied two doctors who may be able to suggest something. However, IMO your tests clearly show endocrine imbalance so I would keep searching for a doctor that is willing to work with you. Thyroid and a low-dose AI like exemestane or some bromocriptine may be some of the more benign things to try.

OP
K

Kratos

thanks a lot for the input. here in nyc it's hard to find doctors that care or don't try to throw testosterone injections at me.

Birdie

Have you tried a Ray Peat type eating plan? Where are you with that?

Seems like you have symptoms of such as high estrogen, inflammation, low testosterone.
So, you could get a lot of help by listening to the interviews and looking at what people are doing to reduce inflammation etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals