What's the best supplement to lower Prolactin?

Preface: I've noticed that, from what I've read, prolactin is the one of the only "bad" hormones that can be lowered by a large amount without any negative consequences. For instance, estrogen and cortisol can cause some bad effects when they are too low, but low prolactin sounds amazing from all of the anecdotes online.

From your experience, what is the best over-the-counter supplement to use to effectively lower prolactin?

Is there one that is extremely effective and still adheres to Peat's principles? Also just to be clear, I've tried high dose B6-P5P before but experienced bad side effects.

PaRa

to Lower prolactin :

Iron
vitamin E
p5p
Sun
doing things you like
opioids antagonists, avoiding gluten
avoid dairies/casein if you’re sensitive, goat/sheep may be less problelastic too

And dopamine agonist drugs but seems risky

stsfut

to Lower prolactin :

Iron
vitamin E
p5p
Sun
doing things you like
opioids antagonists, avoiding gluten
avoid dairies/casein if you’re sensitive, goat/sheep may be less problelastic too

And dopamine agonist drugs but seems risky
Plus vitamin E

not sure if iron is correct?

DrJ

Calcium and vitamin D. Plus the dopamine precursor amino acids, but preferably from diet not supps. Dopamine and prolactin are opposed.

jomamma007

High Iron, particularly if it’s the Iron Saturation %, just like Prolactin, is a sign of high estrogen. Are you dealing with your thyroid first?

DR “Estrogen and the hypoxia , and the low thyroid increasing the estrogen promoting the hypoxia, that is what’s making the iron accumulate and displace the copper. It’s not just a random iron overload situation right”

DR “So the iron overload is actually hyperesteogenemia
RP “I think so, in most cases”
Danny Roddy Clips

Last edited:

johnysummer

Calcium does so many great things including lowering prolactin. Careful on the milk consumption tho. Better eat cheese and drink goat milk. Suplement with eggshells or carbonated calcium to fill the rest needed.

stsfut

High Iron, particularly if it’s the Iron Saturation %, just like Prolactin, is a sign of high estrogen. Are you dealing with your thyroid first?

DR “Estrogen and the hypoxia , and the low thyroid increasing the estrogen promoting the hypoxia, that is what’s making the iron accumulate and displace the copper. It’s not just a random iron overload situation right”

DR “So the iron overload is actually hyperesteogenemia
RP “I think so, in most cases”
Danny Roddy Clips
Thanks for this. I do have very high iron sat with normal/moderate high ferritin. I supplant with thyroid and my TSH is pretty suppressed tbh. Whats interesting is that my estradiol as measured by labs is never very high. It’s in range. But my iron sat % and Prl is always high. PRL usually in high teens.

I’m also overweight but not obese with liver issues. Diagnosed with nafl later 2019. Also low shbg. I’m sorta a blood lab junkie.

dabdabdab

I May add this to what others have already mentioned :
policosanol to lower estrogen receptors
allithiamine, benfotiamine, thiamine, to lower iron
adequate carrot to lower estrogen from bile

theonlyway

Don’t have sex or masturbate a week prior to testing. Having an orgasm can raise prolactin.

youngsinatra

What brand ? I cant find a brand that vit E is not from flax or sesame seed.
I think most vitamin E is extracted from PUFA-rich food sources. It‘s mother nature‘s protectant for PUFAs in whole foods.

Mitolife PUFA-Protect has one product in MCT-oil. Idealabs has TocoVit too.

I personally use Sunday Naturals Vitamin E.

theonlyway

I know this is an old thread but sex and masturbation within a certain time frame of lab work can raise prolactin

vanessad

Plus vitamin E

not sure if iron is correct?
Sorry to jump in on this question, but I need help idk what to do I’ve read too much and I’m all over the board... I have high prolactin and low iron/(Thalseemia minor) & hypothyroid. Should I take iron? Ugh any advice is so appreciated! Ty.