Ray Peat Interview What's So Happy About Serotonin? Butter Living (8/6/2020)

YourUniverse

I think it was this interview, but I liked the part about receptivity being more important than planning. Its who you are and your openness to opportunities that determines your future. I think goals are still important, they keep us motivated and striving.

Is it possible to convert these countless interviews via speech to text into an readable format? I am way too impatient to hear it all out.

David PS

This is a great interview. Here are the timestamps.

00:20 - How to subscribe to Ray’s bimonthly newsletter
01:29 - Ray’s thoughts on “listening to music”
07:07 - Intro to destructiveness of serotonin (pregnancy issues, limiter of perception(s)); how it might not exactly be the “happy” hormone people think it is
12:23 - LSD? Microdosing thoughts in terms of lowering serotonin we have this corona stuff going on um
13:51 - “Corona” virus in reference to serotonin and effective defense or anti-inflammatory measures
22:24 - Why “low-carb” and “endurance-based exercise” might be dangerous
24:12 - Bastardization of “exercise” culture… & What would a “true happiness hormone” do?
24:50 - What would healthy forms of physical behavior look like (lactic acid metabolism vs carbon dioxide)?
27:52 - B1 (Thiamine) around high-output physical activity? Higher altitude, carbon dioxide, and health?
30:05 - Coffee considerations / staving off hypoglycemia
31:31 - Impact of widespread “high levels of serotonin” on people’s response to media of “COVID 19”; harm avoidance / authoritarian personality
34:31 - Research on “manipulation strategies”; Google “fact-checking”
38:16 - Should we quit our Facebook accounts?
39:19 - Prenatal and neonatal implications of excessive serotonin; immunology thoughts
48:22 - More on serotonin and autism or brain disorders; and what are some plausible interventions or mitigatory techniques?
53:18 - Physiology of playfulness
57:02 - “No such thing as society”?
58:43 - Examples of playfulness, humor… in people’s “work"
1:00:06 - Metaphors, analogies, and brain function?
1:00:41 - Ray’s thoughts on some quotes, including “The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions”
1:01:43 - Carl Rogers and the effectiveness of simply being receptive and perceptive in relationships with others
1:02:44 - Knowledge as provisional and memory as constantly a new creation; moving into the unknown future openly and questioningly rather than making deductions on "existing" knowledge
1:06:04 - Receptivity vs fearfulness, and fascist ideology, mask wearing, etc.
1:09:27 - "Organism as a wire for flowing electrons"?
1:11:13 - Other therapeutics for increasing CO2 and staying away from damaged cycle of serotonin
1:12:34 - Big Poly-Unsaturated Fat offenders
1:14:08 - Randal Cycle; signs that a person is in stress metabolism (irritability) vs oxidative metabolism
1:15:51 - Theanine and serotonin reduction?
1:16:58 - Is there a rebound effect when antagonizing serotonin?
1:18:00 - Negative consequences of salt restriction
1:20:02 - Vitamin D importance and i know you also mentioned vitamin d
1:21:14 - Question about psilocybin
1:22:51 - Current excitements and hopes with backdrop of 2020 world climate
1:26:35 - Do you think we can craft autonomy away from the fraudulence?
1:27:42 - Other parting thoughts on serotonin issues, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals