What's Ray's opinion on Psilocybin?

AlisonG

Interested in seeing what micro or macro-doses will do for anxiety and depression. I watched the Fantastic Fungi doc and felt really inspired by the leaps it appears people are making in mental health. Does anyone know Ray's opinion?

Yann

He did mention micro-dosing either LSD or psilocybin on a podcast, as these would lower serotonin without the hallucination effects.

The main nerves that produce Serotonin are just turned off by LSD and psilocybin, the best known psychedelics. - Ray Peat

golder

Does psilocybin antagonise serotonin to the same degree as LSD when micodosing?

imaginaryfolk

Does psilocybin antagonise serotonin to the same degree as LSD when micodosing?
probably so considering that psilocybin is simply the natural form of LSD, its the same molecule, just not purified, less potent which is good for microdosing

It has been a while but the only thing I remember about magic mushrooms is that I saw horses climbing the trees outside and I hid under a box convinced a Xenomorph was hunting me.
I think I was like 15 so that was 26 years ago, lol. Haven't touched them since.

It has been a while but the only thing I remember about magic mushrooms is that I saw horses climbing the trees outside and I hid under a box convinced a Xenomorph was hunting me.
I think I was like 15 so that was 26 years ago, lol. Haven't touched them since.
Ah, that was a good one, horses climbing trees...! :D It reminds me of an old lady who sometimes saw dogs in the trees outside (not due to any mushrooms though, but she might be on some pain medications, don't remember): "If only it had been cats..." But horses I'd say is a step beyond dogs. :cat:

I seem to remember Ray saying something about LSD being somewhat unique, but I'd go with the shrooms anyway. Unlike LSD you can just grow them yourself. ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals