Whats Missing From Your Life?

jaywills

Interested to hear as many personal stories and anecdotes of what you feel may be missing in your life?
Why do you return to this forum & what do you believe would improve your quality of life?

Be it:
- a product?
- a service?
- foodstuff in your area?
- supplements in your area?
- A health marker?
- happiness/satisfaction?
- personal connection?

montmorency

jaywills said:

Well, it's partly intellectual stimulation, and partly straightforward information.

And because for so many years I felt isolated by not being able to share mainstream thinking on health and medical matters, and beginning to feel (or being made to feel) that I was "the odd one out", I suppose there is a feeling of solidarity with others who seem to feel similarly, at least in certain respects.

And of course, that gut instinct that Ray is one of the "Good Guys", and a very smart guy as well. Those two don't always go together.

Last edited by a moderator:

BingDing

Amazoniac, I have to say I can't understand your infatuation with pboy. I remember his posts about the benefits of PUFAs, and he says he really doesn't follow much of RP's advice. I think of him as an artful troll and ignore him. ???

pboy

I never troll ray peat, only the majority of his followers who don't actually understand the man or follow a similar behind the veil, or rather, total encompassing picture of what health and happiness is, but rather come into this with a medical victim mentality, looking at things as a lock and key mechanism, wishing the next supplement or super vitamin is going to solve their problems...totally ignoring everything about life that is beyond the computer screen...and its quite fun I must say, and actually providing clues as to what your problems are. By example is the only way to really show people or get them inspired, and that's why everything about Peats life is a living example. Are you one of those victims? MY GUTTA BACTERIAA...THEYRE OUT TO GET ME!!!! NUKE THEM!!! THERES NOTHING METAPHYSICAL OR MY FAULT ABOUT WHY THEY ARE THERE, THEY ARE JUST MEEEAAANNNN! my vitamin K and thyroid from mexico are coming in...maybe THESE are the key I need to unlock the receptor, and fairies will appear in my waking life! and I will suddenly understand the meaning to my life! and i'll become instantly super attractive!

pboy

lol, for someone like me...im not saying life is easy, and theres a lot of obstacles, but I can identify people with a certain outlook, and heart, coming into things, and then people that lack them (the majority) that think their problems are just a technical issue that can be solved by becoming more tense and forcing something or taking some lab produced substance

people that have a heart, I have high respect for and treat much differently no matter where they are on their journey, people that dont, deserve no less than to be shaken up by intelligent pointing out of their whininess and childlike stubbornness, the things they hide in their closet, the things they think they just get a pass on, the things they do behind closed doors that they think since no one is watching its ok

if you spend enough time thinking about life existentially you come to certain must be conclusions and can study and experiment in your life regarding. You can either see yourself as a helpless victim or part of a beautiful creation that has a purpose, when you realize that, everything changes

most problems people have are because of ignorance and guilt, or just being unskilled in life, which is the easiest to overcome and leaves no residue. Living in a state of ignorance and guilt, the fact everyone is connected in life and shares common space and resources, and are constantly shedding signals to each other, means that people who are of a certain lack of heart, gross vibe, deserve what they get, and if you are not that kind of person you don't deserve to mix vibes with them. If you do come across them, its ok to use comedy to protect yourself, tis righteous

halken

Ignorance and guilt are associated with laziness. Laziness subdues mindforce which subdues metabolism. The problem is a triad. Right for people to come here and follow Peat. Wrong for people to think this is the answer to the underlying problem.

HOMEOSTASIS people, homeostasis.

Amazoniac

BingDing said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96642/ Amazoniac, I have to say I can't understand your infatuation with pboy. I remember his posts about the benefits of PUFAs, and he says he really doesn't follow much of RP's advice. I think of him as an artful troll and ignore him. ???

Haha. I'm just being playful. I like the overall tonality of his posts.
He never seems to force anything, instead, he writes hoping that someone identifies with it and can take something useful from it. His texts are pure flow, no filtering; and I also like that.
Basically he speaks with a bit of sense of humor and relying a lot on past self-experiments.
In a lot of aspects we disagree, but I began worshipping him just for fun and to show some appreciation for the time he spends writing those bible-length posts: pure devotion to this forum!

BingDing

I don't hate you, pboy, I just don't like you very much. I've thought about why that is quite a bit.

I think it's because I've known guys like you, glib, witty, cynical, ironic. And ultimately full of s***, every last one of them.

And I twigged that RP is not like that at all.

So I'm glad that you admit you're a troll, and hope not too many people get confused by your drivel.

pboy

I'm not actually a troll though at all, I never scoff at anything important or real

sorry you've met a lotta douches in the past, don't associate me

might I humbly suggest some prune juice

Nicholas

BingDing said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96818/ I don't hate you, pboy, I just don't like you very much. I've thought about why that is quite a bit.

I think it's because I've known guys like you, glib, witty, cynical, ironic. And ultimately full of s***, every last one of them.

And I twigged that RP is not like that at all.

So I'm glad that you admit you're a troll, and hope not too many people get confused by your drivel.

why do people start crying troll when they don't like somebody or disagree with them?